What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
I added lockable storage utilizing the rear storage bin by fitting a flush mount 12x16 door, blanking out the remaining opening. I was going to use the flush mount door thru the sleeping platform but decided to ask the wife for ideas. She got a big Hi-5 for her idea thus executed.

IMG_20210824_170732941.jpg

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I was driving around all nekked, and the rear seat belts were flapping and ruining my mojo (the back seat is removed, so clicking up wasn't an option).
So, I stopped by an O'Reilly's Auto Parts and they just happened to have two of these 'seat belt comfort straps' in stock. $13 later, my back seat belts have been silenced.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? seat belt stra

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yeah, I always have 303 on the shelf, great stuff. I got this one.....

4AF400BA-EF5D-4B6E-A85C-3626CB081B86.jpeg
@Roky

Was at my local Jeep dealership, yesterday, shooting the chitt with all the staff that I am very friendly with there.... No, for the most part I do not use the/that/any dealership for much...

Of course, I always bring DI Labs fobs that I have and am testing and other JL related add ons that I am running, testing, etc... Llke in the past, the Bestop Sunrider, Redline Tuning Hood Lift Struts, etc....

I brought a bag of assorted DI Labs, lock covers with me and a beta Model S+ fob with the retractible key.

Of course the DI Labs fobs are always zeroed in on by all ...........but this trip they also went kinda nutso in a positive way about the door lock covers.

Here is NY, door locks and Winter ice and snow is an issue like Florida sand, salt, mud... so guys use black tape on door locks... well, until now with door lock caps being available..

Anyway, the cap you picked with the Jeep Wave was one of the top "I WANT" from all that looked at the bag of caps I had... Also, the TREAD and Trojan were big "I WANT" caps..

Here is a closeup of the TREAD..

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210824_194951

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky

Was at my local Jeep dealership, yesterday, shooting the chitt with all the staff that I am very friendly with there.... No, for the most part I do not use the/that/any dealership for much...

Of course, I always bring DI Labs fobs that I have and am testing and other JL related add ons that I am running, testing, etc... Llke in the past, the Bestop Sunrider, Redline Tuning Hood Lift Struts, etc....

I brought a bag of assorted DI Labs, lock covers with me and a beta Model S+ fob with the retractible key.

Of course the DI Labs fobs are always zeroed in on by all ...........but this trip they also went kinda nutso in a positive way about the door lock covers.

Here is NY, door locks and Winter ice and snow is an issue like Florida sand, salt, mud... so guys use black tape on door locks... well, until now with door lock caps being available..

Anyway, the cap you picked with the Jeep Wave was one of the top "I WANT" from all that looked at the bag of caps I had... Also, the TREAD and Trojan were big "I WANT" caps..

Here is a closeup of the TREAD..

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210824_194951
That’s awesome !! I never thought of them as structural, just cosmetic, that’s even better.....:like:.....

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Swapped out the front bumper and put in LED’s! I’ve got a rear bumper on the way and probably gonna add a hitch at the same time. Wife says I’m gonna have to wait a bit in the winch

8097424F-9AA2-427D-BF37-7F2B9CC84C1D.jpeg

3EB6D683-CD66-4162-8019-69750CC9F913.jpeg

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Swapped out the front bumper and put in LED’s! I’ve got a rear bumper on the way and probably gonna add a hitch at the same time. Wife says I’m gonna have to wait a bit in the winch

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3EB6D683-CD66-4162-8019-69750CC9F913

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3EB6D683-CD66-4162-8019-69750CC9F913
Not sure if you saw my recent post (last week?) about this exact same topic. Wife said to wait for the winch, as I just got my new front stubby bumper. Installed it, wife sees it and says "it looks incomplete". Voila, she let me get the winch the very next day.

So keep talking to the wife and keep mentioning how your front bumper looks without a winch. ;)

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Not sure if you saw my recent post (last week?) about this exact same topic. Wife said to wait for the winch, as I just got my new front stubby bumper. Installed it, wife sees it and says "it looks incomplete". Voila, she let me get the winch the very next day.

So keep talking to the wife and keep mentioning how your front bumper looks without a winch. ;)
Ahaha I will definitely keep working on it!

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Not much except I resealed my rims today after 13 months. I don’t even think they needed it yet. I’m still amazed about the longevity this new sio2 stuff from Wolfgang has. I never got more than 6 mths out of thier other sealants which is the norm and now I’m getting a year plus. Amazing I think. I didn’t even do the paint again and I live in a snow belt. Never has a sealant survived out pa salted road winters. I’m going to strip the paint and redo it before winter just cause I don’t want it to fail in the winter. I wash in my garage in a heated garage but it’s still a pain for full details in the winter.

For how easy this stuff goes on with proper prep I really see no reason for a true multi layered ceramic coating.

A27CA955-264E-4EC6-A146-FD8BD5B1A7AD.jpeg

Just waiting for the sealant to flash so I threw up this post.

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Here’s some more convincing for you/her. Before the winch and After the winch pics. Not even close, right?!?!? :)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210823_214344
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210823_214344
Definitely a difference between night and day! We’re going to the Orlando Jeep and Truck fest this weekend so maybe I’ll score one there at a good price!