First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
Finally did a remove/replace of the factory "Trail Rated" badge.
This Jeep doesn't trail, but it does beach when I go surf fishing so protecting it from sun, salt, and sand is a priority for me.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0010
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0011
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0012
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0013
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0014

After the badge replacement, I started detailing.
Wash, dry, then coating all of the black plastic bits with Meguiar's Ultimate Black.
This stuff really works. All of the black plastic bits look new again.

Tomorrow, she will get a fresh coat of NexGen ceramic.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I installed the TeraFlex 2.50" base spring lift. I used Vise-Grips to hold the stupid bent wrench thing in place, while I labored through the tedious misery of screwing the bump stop down. That job sucked.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0014
I would highly recommend picking up a torx/hex socket set, not only is it there for everytime you run across some different torx fastener, I use it to assemble damn near everything so I don't have to deal with allen wrenches.

This is the one I've had for years, likely one of my most often used tools:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026SUKEU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
Looks nice. Do you have any pics of how/where (technique) you spiced in to the fog light wiring? Which wire do you tap in to? Where did you ground? I’d like to change my fogs to amber and then install some round off road (Rigid 360 vs BD LP) with the amber backlighting. I like the idea of using the fog circuit as an on/off vs having to uses a dedicated Aux switch just for backlighting…
I know the back lighting uses very low amps but no other problem or concerns with using the fog light circuit..no fuse changes, etc
Thanks
The 360 lights have 3 wires coming off of each one. The main 12v for the fog, the ground wire and then the 12v for the backlight. The main 12v I ran to my auxiliary #2 switch wire in the engine bay to operate the main 360 fog lights and the ground wire I ran to the engine bay ground spots near the auxiliary wires in the engine bay. There are plenty of ground locations to ground to. For the backlight on each 360 i used a T-Tap to tap into the factory fog where they are mounted. I'd say the total length of the wire to tap into each factory fog light was about 12 inches on each side so it was extremely easy to do. I can't remember the wire color but just used a circuit tester to show which wire was hot when the factory fog was turned on. I didn't do any fuse changes or anything special. Just wired them up and have had no problems for the past couple months running them. Auxiliary switch #2 turns on the 360 fog lights which are white and the factory fog lights whenever they come on will turn on the amber back light.

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The 360 lights have 3 wires coming off of each one. The main 12v for the fog, the ground wire and then the 12v for the backlight. The main 12v I ran to my auxiliary #2 switch wire in the engine bay to operate the main 360 fog lights and the ground wire I ran to the engine bay ground spots near the auxiliary wires in the engine bay. There are plenty of ground locations to ground to. For the backlight on each 360 i used a T-Tap to tap into the factory fog where they are mounted. I'd say the total length of the wire to tap into each factory fog light was about 12 inches on each side so it was extremely easy to do. I can't remember the wire color but just used a circuit tester to show which wire was hot when the factory fog was turned on. I didn't do any fuse changes or anything special. Just wired them up and have had no problems for the past couple months running them. Auxiliary switch #2 turns on the 360 fog lights which are white and the factory fog lights whenever they come on will turn on the amber back light.

Thank you for the response.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
New bumper and side rails with a step so my GF has an easier time getting in and out

36 New bumper and side rails.jpg
Looks awesome. Which steps are those?

Also, your front bumper looks like what mine did a few days ago when I finished my install. NAKED. That lasted about less than 24 hours for me when I picked up a winch immediately and then installed it. Now you have to ask your spouse for approval to do so like I did :)

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Removed the Dana Spicer chrome moly axles and replaced them with RCV. I wanted to keep the front and rear all Dana Spicer, but they did not work well for me in the front axle with the FAD.

If anyone is looking for a deal on a set of DS axles, ping me.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6E45D0BC-E766-4DC0-8E83-75D5C930DF21

• Rubicon Shocks and Springs
  • AEV 2” Spacer Lift
  • 1.75” Synergy Wheel Spacers
  • Rough Country Tire Carrier Relocation Plate
  • 35x12.5r17 Kenda Klever RT’s
I would like to request a tire poke pic please!