First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Did a simple hack I learned from @Rhinebeck01 a while ago, placed a gun magnet under the oil pan. The factory plug is not magnetic nor is the Fumoto I plan to put on. This magnet helps collecting particles, just remove it right before oil change and it should flush out most metals.

Search "55 lbs gun magnet" on Amazon, they come with a rubber cover so it won't scratch any paint (not that it matters). They are so strong it takes quite some efforts to remove it from the oil pan.

20210816_165037.jpg

20210816_165402.jpg
I use a very strong magnet I stick to the oil filter. When I change oil I remove the filter, take the magnet off, toss filter away, put on new filter.

Much better place to trap any metal as you discard of it completely in a change, and can cut open filter if you want to see what's being captured.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Teraflex Falcon SP2 3.5 e-Adjust shocks and Artec fender liners this weekend (and man, it was hot in Dallas)...
The wiring was a pain, but in the end it was worth it- the soft setting really takes the jolts out of bumps, and with the flick of a switch (which mounts on the grab handle) you can firm things up from the driver's seat. The Artec fender liners were designed to go with the shocks, and they're nice as well- but honestly I think it would have been easier to install them without reading the (really awful) instructions!

We have a long bridge with connecting seams near our house, and I started across it with the firm setting (you set the firmness you want for firm- I selected 7 out of 8, and switching to soft takes it down to 1)... Flipped the switch halfway across and immediately noticed I wasn't bouncing off the seat anymore (the firm is quite firm)!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? falcon shocks

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? falcon switch

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I use a very strong magnet I stick to the oil filter. When I change oil I remove the filter, take the magnet off, toss filter away, put on new filter.

Much better place to trap any metal as you discard of it completely in a change, and can cut open filter if you want to see what's being captured.
Can you share what you used and where you got the magnet. Thanks

MadLandz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler sport S 80th anniversary editio
Go to rescue my buddy who’s belt blew out on the highway and I get my karma in the way of this wonderful bolt through my tire.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? falcon switch
I think I picked it up at the gas station. Tire never lost any air.

Rfolsom

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 willys unlimited
I installed this fishbone tailgate table. I ordered it in March and it finally came in today. Pro tip: do not install in 90 degree 90% humidity. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210816_201335

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I sure like the look you have here!
Thanks buddy! Next up is the knuckles, ball joints, and axle shafts that I've been sitting on for a while now. I'm also further upgrading from the SteerSmarts tie rod and drag link to a set of 2.5 ton 2" solid aluminum setup.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
This one, the magnet comes off and is really powerful. With oily fingers it's hard to pull off the filter ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Holding-Neodymium-Eye-Bolt-Retrieving/dp/B07FZZJL56
@oceanblue2019

I'd rather have the gun magnet on the drain pan then on the oil filter itself.
Why would I want even more metal particles /filings being retained in the actual filter...

Of course, if your motor has a paper cartridge filter you will need to put the magnet on the oil pan...
Magnet on oil pan is best.... for sure magnet use in general, is a positive thing , period.

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I replaced the JBL stadium speakers that I installed in the sound bar with Memphis pro MJP6c and I also replace the knee speakers with Memphis also. Hugh sound difference !

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImagehMb3Vn

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImagedasUNb

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Looks awesome but the flip Up plate is flipping down. When you use the winch the line s going to sit on the plate or holder and could cause problems
I agree. The ones I’ve seen flip the plate UPward and out of the way.

I have 0 sympathy
lol - I deserve that.

Installed Teraflex Falcon SP2 3.5 e-Adjust shocks and Artec fender liners this weekend (and man, it was hot in Dallas)...
The wiring was a pain, but in the end it was worth it- the soft setting really takes the jolts out of bumps, and with the flick of a switch (which mounts on the grab handle) you can firm things up from the driver's seat. The Artec fender liners were designed to go with the shocks, and they're nice as well- but honestly I think it would have been easier to install them without reading the (really awful) instructions!

We have a long bridge with connecting seams near our house, and I started across it with the firm setting (you set the firmness you want for firm- I selected 7 out of 8, and switching to soft takes it down to 1)... Flipped the switch halfway across and immediately noticed I wasn't bouncing off the seat anymore (the firm is quite firm)!
falcon shocks.jpg

falcon switch.jpg
I really like that clean setup of the switch on the grab handle. I can imagine wiring veinf

I replaced the JBL stadium speakers that I installed in the sound bar with Memphis pro MJP6c and I also replace the knee speakers with Memphis also. Hugh sound difference !

tempImagehMb3Vn.jpg

tempImagedasUNb.jpg
This looks fantastic. Was the install simple and easy bolt on? Direct fit on existing housings?