What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
wasted a bunch of time installing Rugged Ridge full length HD bumper only to realize it wasn't going to work without a lift....it rubbed on tires on like 3/4 turn.:swear:
65074937999__DF570C40-171B-4C07-A864-3F06935DEC00.JPG

at least we had a win with the new taillights....
tempImagepGu9H7.jpg
tempImagey305YM.jpg
tempImage2YEQum.jpg
Looks good man. So did you remove the bumper again and back to stock? But yeah, that’s why I went with a stubby style. I love the exposed tires look but also gives a lot of clearance.

What taillights do you have now?

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Mini-cal, any cooling problems? Looks like a lot of area blocked by the way the winch is mounted.
I have not noticed any issues so far - although my climate ranges from -22F to 104F (max, mostly under 100F) depending on season. I don't think it will be a problem.

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
wasted a bunch of time installing Rugged Ridge full length HD bumper only to realize it wasn't going to work without a lift....it rubbed on tires on like 3/4 turn.:swear:
Was that disclosure mentioned in the product's ad copy? If not, I'd be typing a polite but firm email to Rugged Ridge to inform them of the matter.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Was that disclosure mentioned in the product's ad copy? If not, I'd be typing a polite but firm email to Rugged Ridge to inform them of the matter.
Unfortunately, they don’t care a whole lot. They usually take weeks to respond, and aren’t quick to offer up any help. Found it out the hard way when I complained about the issues with fit on their lower skid for the HD bumper.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Unfortunately, they don’t care a whole lot. They usually take weeks to respond, and aren’t quick to offer up any help. Found it out the hard way when I complained about the issues with fit on their lower skid for the HD bumper.
That's not surprising. Since the day I've ordered my Jeep, I've been vetting parts vendors for selection, price and customer ratings...and my money has followed my research. I've also read forum posts like yours.

There's no other way to say this: Rugged Ridge isn't at the top of the list.

OreoJeep

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Hinge Guards

at least we had a win with the new taillights....
I love these lights! Where did you get them from?

OreoJeep

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
The air quality was unhealthy due to forest fire smoke this weekend, so, rather than go hiking, I installed the Warn winch tray, Badlands winch, rotating license plate mount, and blue annodized fairlead that have been sitting in my garage for the last 6 months.

The rotating plate mount seems to work OK. I like the color of the fairlead by itself, but it doesn't compliment the light blue of the tow hooks.
Did u paint the hooks?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Added some Hinge Guards to add some accent. Thank you IrishJeeper for his post and link.

May I ask which side steps these are? Are you happy with it?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Not having a need for the D ring shackle that I installed some time ago, it was given to a friend. Now, of course, I have use for one and Friend isn't local, so I bought another (and better) one.

Me being me, I wasn't happy with the factory finish and so I did a bit of sanding and spraying to bring it up to snuff.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? signal-2021-08-15-153944

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? signal-2021-08-15-153944 (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? signal-2021-08-15-153944 (2)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? signal-2021-08-15-153944 (3)

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Finally had a nice enough weekend to take some doors off, and run some "errands" with the kids for several hours.

_UgqV6MGkyk4w4r?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Did u paint the hooks?
No, the 4xe Rubicons co.e with the light blue hooks & highlights. "Normal" Rubicons come with red & the 392's come with gold.

I bought the fairlead about 5 months before the Jeep arrived, so had couldn't tell how close the blues were. Actually, I like the fairlead blue better than the hook's blue.