First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Next Scooby Snack: hinge guards. Don't have the patience to smooth out all the bubbles of the pre-cut PPF (kudos to those that do).

Got these off Amazon on prime day. I hated the glossy-ness of them so I grabbed a can of plastidip, 3 coats later and waiting for a :sun: day, installation was a piece of cake. Plenty of tape on them and so far so good, even through the wash!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210729_191149

While they may not be for everyone, I like them! :involve:
I think that black on blue looks sick👍

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Go Rhino DSS4506T Dominator DSS Rock Sliders - Horrendous Install

Well I finally decided on Sliders for my 19 JL, my decision was based off looks, size, reviews. I spent so much time trying to find what I felt was the perfect slider, that I didn't pay attention to overall install. Without a doubt these have to be the worst install mod I have ever done on my Jeep, not to mention of course requiring help to get them installed, mainly due to the completely idiotic brackets that these come with. There are three brackets you inset into step you line up with the brackets that you attach to Jeep. Then you are supposed to attach brackets from Jeep to these brackets while trying to get a finger in to hold the brackets while you try and get the nut to grab. Its the most horrendous install I have ever completed on a vehicle. I hope for the love of god someone from Go Rhino is on here so they can get with their R&D department, tell them to get off their phones , redbull, cbd, gummies, or whatever it is they were on when designing these, and come up with a better bracket for their Go Rhino DSS4506T Dominator DSS Rock Sliders, I'm sure there are others that are similar. However, they are on and look great,. Would I recommend them, if you have three people to install, YES, else no, its a nightmare. Its been 12 hours and I am still drinking after completing the install, I feel like I truly should have a gold medal after completing.

I love how those look but immediately crossed those sliders off my list when I read the first install review. Sorry you went through that but they look good now!

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Gladly,

Here are the parts needed:
-RAM® Ball Adapter with 1/4" - 20" Female Threaded Hole and Hex Post
-RAM® Single Socket Arm with Round Swivel Plate
-https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...ource-fit-system-blind-spot-mirror/kso1/c0600
-One 1/4” x 1” machine screw
-Two washers
-Two lock washers

I sourced the RAM parts on amazon as the shipping was high for two parts from RAM.

Here is the order for assembly from the outside: ball adapter -> lock washer -> washer - (Plastic pillar) - washer -> lock washer -> screw. (I hope that made sense. Lol).

let me know if you need some more pics or explanations. A DYI write up was an afterthought

cheers
ken

I also added some extra pics as reference:

Thank you very much, sir.
This is very helpful!

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Would you mind sharing the link for the one you purchased. Thanks
If you go to ebay and search for JL Jeep bumpers it will pull them up. If i knew how to add a link to a reply i would.

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Finally have the MC 3.5 GC lift for the JLURD diesel. Also put MC fenders, liners and rear bumper.
Hey Ruby Mike, Ride is looking fantastic! That rear bumper, is the the Motor city M1? Looks super clean. I really like that.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
On my 392... did bumper and winch, side steps, wheels and tires! Busy week!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210730_172611
Love what you did with your Jeep looks amazing! Can I ask what side steps are those? Also do you notice at all if they are too wide when you step out of your Jeep does your leg rub against it when getting out? The reason I ask is my last side step I liked all but the fact it was just a little too wide! Thanks

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Love what you did with your Jeep looks amazing! Can I ask what side steps are those? Also do you notice at all if they are too wide when you step out of your Jeep does your leg rub against it when getting out? The reason I ask is my last side step I liked all but the fact it was just a little too wide! Thanks
Go rhino rb20. Love them.... no hitting my leg that i noticed but i use them to get in and out.... they do have a horribly big chrome logo on them that screams at you... gonna fix that tonight. But they really dont stick out as far as other ones i have had. I really like them!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I installed some yellow LED fog lights. They were the last Christmas gift still sitting in the parts box, and the gift giver was impatiently asking if I was ever going to fit them on the Jeep. Done.

Not until a bit of autumnal fog arrives will I be able to comment on their effectiveness, though.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Alla

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Go rhino rb20. Love them.... no hitting my leg that i noticed but i use them to get in and out.... they do have a horribly big chrome logo on them that screams at you... gonna fix that tonight. But they really dont stick out as far as other ones i have had. I really like them!
I have same ones. Love ‘em too.
and I had the same issue with the logo tag. Nothing a sharp chisel and a hammer couldn’t solve though.
they also keep a lot of stuff (snow mud rocks) from kickingup on sides of Jeep too.