What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Got my @Diode Dynamics clear side markers installed today - literally took me 15mins to do. I watched a few videos where guys were taking out the entire fender liner to do it or taking a bunch of bolts and fasteners out - do not do that.

You literally need to take out the first two plastic pin fasteners/buttons towards the front of the liner and the 10mm bolt down and to the left a bit. Unscrew the lone bolt holding the corner marker in and disconnect the cable (pro tip: use a pick or something to wedge underneath the clip on the wire connector and it slides right out). All in all love the new look and basic removal of the amber marker while still retaining the amber lighting =)

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2137

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2138

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Outback trailgater. Very easy mod and love it.

A967DB08-9900-49BE-993E-98AF74B53BEA.jpeg
Easy install? The Goose Gear tailgate table was on my Short List, but they're too wedded to external branding for my taste. The table on your Jeep has the clean design that I'd prefer.

Got my Diode Dynamics clear side markers installed today

All in all love the new look and basic removal of the amber marker while still retaining the amber lighting =)
Jim, does my $100 buy me anything other than just a change in reflector color?

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the @ORACLElights sidetracks, also installed the Oracle colorshift rock lights but they just cycle the colors and won’t connect to the app so will be calling Oracle tomorrow…

0C3A5CAD-BAEB-43E7-AA38-4D85A6CA7496.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Got my @Diode Dynamics clear side markers installed today - literally took me 15mins to do. I watched a few videos where guys were taking out the entire fender liner to do it or taking a bunch of bolts and fasteners out - do not do that.

You literally need to take out the first two plastic pin fasteners/buttons towards the front of the liner and the 10mm bolt down and to the left a bit. Unscrew the lone bolt holding the corner marker in and disconnect the cable (pro tip: use a pick or something to wedge underneath the clip on the wire connector and it slides right out). All in all love the new look and basic removal of the amber marker while still retaining the amber lighting =)

Before:
IMG_2137.jpeg

After:
IMG_2138.jpeg
@JimmyB

I installed the same on my Rubi, 2 years ago. They have worked flawlessly...

Yup, you have to be careful in regard to YouTube videos and install advice given in same. Probably 3/4 of the time the info spewed is incorrect...

As you said, a couple of push pins out, peel back the liner a tad and do the install.. best to keep your tool on the securing bolt on the side marker so the bolt does not fall out/and you end up having to hunt it down.

Enjoy your side markers..... YUP, they look good on your ride. The Diode Dynamics offering is a better looking offering then Oracle's offering.

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Can you send

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0C3A5CAD-BAEB-43E7-AA38-4D85A6CA7496

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0C3A5CAD-BAEB-43E7-AA38-4D85A6CA7496
Looks awesome. Can you send me or post the link for the Diod Dynamics clear makers?

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Easy install? The Goose Gear tailgate table was on my Short List, but they're too wedded to external branding for my taste. The table on your Jeep has the clean design that I'd prefer.

Jim, does my $100 buy me anything other than just a change in reflector color?
Haha nope just change in reflector color =) I am starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel in stuff to spend money on without going totally bananas here so this was something small I decided to give it a shot. I actually got them on sale at @Northridge4x4 for $69 so it wasn't quite $100 =)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Haha nope just change in reflector color =) I am starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel in stuff to spend money on without going totally bananas here so this was something small I decided to give it a shot. I actually got them on sale at @Northridge4x4 for $69 so it wasn't quite $100 =)
Thanks.

I'm slowly shifting my JLU's lighting from incandescent to LED, and I like the aesthetic of clear lenses. The pricing for the DDs, though ($80+$17 ground shipping; I rounded up to a C-note) means they're still on my To Buy list. I'll watch for sales as the preceding posts link to.

Maybe we'll see each other on the road. :like:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JimmyB

This video from Diode Dynamics is very good.

The 1st video they made was poor but after a bunch of us here told them how to do lets say the easy way they re did the video.... the one below..

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
@JimmyB

This video from Diode Dynamics is very good.

The 1st video they made was poor but after a bunch of us here told them how to do lets say the easy way they re did the video.... the one below..

Perfect video! Wasn't sure if removing that 10mm bolt helped at all just seemed to give me a bit more room to see what was going on in there =) It is interesting to see how the fenders can be just slightly different year to year and I am sure Rubicon vs. Sahara fenders are slightly different but fundamentally the same.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)