What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I chased down an electrical gremlin on my ROAM step lights. They had started flickering and taking longer and longer to light up. I thought it was a relay going out, so I took the time to label the wires and each relay while I was investigating. It turns out that I forgot to fill the "waterproof" fuse holders with dielectric grease and some salt water made its way into the fuse terminals and corroded them. I will have to complete that rewiring work tomorrow.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ofizH

I also reinstalled the universal mounting brackets and upper shelf from Texas Metal Works. I had sent John (the owner) some feedback about them because they flex too much with the upper shelf loaded with a hi-lift jack and when off-road and rough road, the flexing sets up a resonance that becomes very irritating on long trips.

He took my feedback and used it to improve the product. He changed from stitch welding to a full bend on the long sides as well as the upper part where the shelf bolts on. He also extended the length of the gusset to go just past the edge of the long vertical side. Previously the part circled in red would act as a tongue and flex. I recommended that he extend the length of the gusset as shown in green.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ofilUX

He extended it (as shown in red below) and added a cut out for clearance for the fire extinguishers. I will have to test it more, but my initial thoughts are that he solved it. Very nice when a company is willing to take feedback and actually stand behind a product as well as improve it. I will test it for a few days before re-installing the lower shelf. @rustyshakelford

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ofi1Jn

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ofiIRa

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's interesting to observe how some folks are forced to do in Summer what others (like me) are forced to do in Winter. :)
Yep, AC won out. More of a cold weather guy myself. Jeep goes naked in fall until late June next year, cold I love so that's a breeze for me. The little lady not so much. But she stole the Sahara so she will be fine. :giggle::angel::lipssealed:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I chased down an electrical gremlin on my ROAM step lights. They had started flickering and taking longer and longer to light up. I thought it was a relay going out, so I took the time to label the wires and each relay while I was investigating. It turns out that I forgot to fill the "waterproof" fuse holders with dielectric grease and some salt water made its way into the fuse terminals and corroded them. I will have to complete that rewiring work tomorrow.

I also reinstalled the universal mounting brackets and upper shelf from Texas Metal Works. I had sent John (the owner) some feedback about them because they flex too much with the upper shelf loaded with a hi-lift jack and when off-road and rough road, the flexing sets up a resonance that becomes very irritating on long trips.

He took my feedback and used it to improve the product. He changed from stitch welding to a full bend on the long sides as well as the upper part where the shelf bolts on. He also extended the length of the gusset to go just past the edge of the long vertical side. Previously the part circled in red would act as a tongue and flex. I recommended that he extend the length of the gusset as shown in green.

He extended it (as shown in red below) and added a cut out for clearance for the fire extinguishers. I will have to test it more, but my initial thoughts are that he solved it. Very nice when a company is willing to take feedback and actually stand behind a product as well as improve it. @rustyshakelford

What's the take on hood mounted Jack? Any thoughts?

While I was sitting with my friend at dealership while back this elderly man that he knew and had worked on his Jeep many times had just had him install the Jack mount on hood. This elderly man was English and had been Jeeper all his life and told us some stories.

He has be around the world with his Jeeps. Sorry I be rambling.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
What's the take on hood mounted Jack? Any thoughts?

While I was sitting with my friend at dealership while back this elderly man that he knew and had worked on his Jeep many times had just had him install the Jack mount on hood. This elderly man was English and had been Jeeper all his life and told us some stories.

He has be around the world with his Jeeps. Sorry I be rambling.
It was never a consideration for me. I always intended to store it inside and Texas Metal Works has a great system.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Lightbar on, it's a Stedi ST3303 Pro 18.4". I wanted something that would not block the trailcam but provide plenty of closeup light specifically and a bit of range, will test it tonight and align properly. Hooked into the left hand headlight high beam used to trigger a relay with power from AUX 1 to switch it.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210627_131554

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Good call, I broke 3 clips. I only had the exact 4 bolts as shown in the video though. Overall the Aux battery replacement wasn’t too bad.

Differential fluid was easy. I’m always afraid I didn’t get a good seal with fluids though. I’ve double checked for leaks about 5 times this afternoon.

I also added a Mopar receiver hitch today. That was the easiest job of them all. I’ll tackle the wiring kit some other time. Haven’t bought it yet for starters. Trying to decide if I want to spend the money on the Mopar or go with something else.
@brynamic

Good you got-er done.... If you get a chance, go here and make a post and tell a little about your experience with removing the flare... Any hints... thoughts... what you would do differently, etc..
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ent-the-easy-way-pull-the-fender-flare.56807/

Your post there will help others that may need to / want to change out their Aux battery. At the least it will let them know pulling the flare is easy, etc... No way should anyone pull / dis-assemble the PDC in order to change out the Aux...

Oh, on Rubi's you would will see 5. 8-)

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Installed my PRP seat covers. Took a little longer than expected, but they turned out great. :like:

I’m currently looking at PRP covers. Is your darker vinyl color pictured “Daytona Dark Gray” by any chance?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Installed the Midland MXT275.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 81537995-7E64-4C0A-9A3B-D00F9833E8B1

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Jeeper4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Not TO the Jeep, but FOR the Jeep…built this door holder last night! Ideally it would sit on a dolly so it could be rolled around the Jeep but I have a gravel driveway so it’ll be stationary.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DC636353-DA2E-4301-949A-AEA6F1EB6832
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4F9EA557-FDCF-42EF-871D-FDAD1D6B4C8A

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Not TO the Jeep, but FOR the Jeep…built this door holder last night! Ideally it would sit on a dolly so it could be rolled around the Jeep but I have a gravel driveway so it’ll be stationary.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4F9EA557-FDCF-42EF-871D-FDAD1D6B4C8A
very nice but gravel driveway just sounds like a challenge to add off road tires to a dolly ;)