What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JP29

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
That is one of the many reasons i went with the p320RX that has the Sig romeo 1.

no re-zero after changing batteries, and the stock trigger is much better.
Also have heard good things on the Romeo line, my FIL runs one on his P365.

Right; that's why I mentioned I'm still in learning mode. I have to consider whether I want to take on not only the expense, but also any necessary adjustments in carry and presentation methods.

I usually like to take a reductive approach in such matters -- i.e., what isn't there can't fail -- but that doesn't mean I won't consider changes where a solid case for doing so can be made.
I'd argue we're at the point where MRDS on handguns are becoming quite commonplace. They're not a necessity, but anyone who refuses to run them without even trying is just removing an advantage from their toolbox, and many shooters would argue that after a WML, the next thing on your EDC should be an optic. Especially with the advent of Primary Arms Vulcan ACSS reticle - which includes a 250 MOA ring around the dot to train a shooter how to align the optic on presentation - there really isn't much excuse anymore. I'm sure they'll never catch on with the crowd that turns their nose up at anything that isn't a single stack .45, but any relatively proficient shooter is doing themselves a disservice if they don't give MRDS a shot. End rant lol

ObtuseMeatball

First Name
Patrick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Soft Top Firecracker Red
Occupation
IT Nerd
Stupid. I think they word you are looking for is "stupid".

I put the top and doors back on before heading to the car wash. The wiper arms are so clean in this pic because I lowered the windshield to make cleaning the dash easier, I gave the wiper arms a once over while I had them off. I must have wiped the antenna at some point as well. The drawings are from my buddy's daughter who was riding shot gun at the time.

2QTcifo.jpg

btw, you can see I had mud flaps on, clearly they don't work. Think I'll ask for my money back.
This is one of the greatest pictures on the internet. More please 🧐

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Also have heard good things on the Romeo line, my FIL runs one on his P365.

I'd argue we're at the point where MRDS on handguns are becoming quite commonplace. They're not a necessity, but anyone who refuses to run them without even trying is just removing an advantage from their toolbox, and many shooters would argue that after a WML, the next thing on your EDC should be an optic. Especially with the advent of Primary Arms Vulcan ACSS reticle - which includes a 250 MOA ring around the dot to train a shooter how to align the optic on presentation - there really isn't much excuse anymore. I'm sure they'll never catch on with the crowd that turns their nose up at anything that isn't a single stack .45, but any relatively proficient shooter is doing themselves a disservice if they don't give MRDS a shot. End rant lol
+1

i run iron sites in production class, and then romeo in the carry optics.

these days i see as many or more in the carry optics class, compared to iron sites classes.

optics require practice like anything else. It takes a LOT of practice to get as fast & accurate with optics compared to iron in tactical & competition.

Back to the topic of Jeep work I did the following

Removed:
front upper & lower Teraflex control arms
Rancho geometry correction brackets
Front Rancho shocks and springs
Tailgate reinforcement
Spare relo bracket
Gmrs radio & antenna
USB power wires
Wireless phone charger
Rear Smittybil XRC Gen2 bumper

Installed:
Front upper & lower factory control arms
Front factory shocks and springs
Stock rear bumper
Rear hitch

tomorrow i get to continue the return to stock in prep for the arrival of the replacement in a week.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 2021 GMC Terrain
Vehicle Showcase
Mounted my door hanger and then went naked.

D9AE19E9-31B0-4E4A-89E3-8D2BE03E4215.jpeg

DF86452C-5F71-4935-B936-0A80C2DFB78A.jpeg

Centurion07

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
I felt the same way until I shot my buddies Canik with the holosun 507c on it. I immediately had to sell my glock to go get a MOS glock to have the red dot option when I have the money. Even at defense distances(7-15 yards) the speed you can pick up the target and transition between targets is so much faster. It also doesn’t hurt that it makes longer range shots with the pistol much easier.
Don't get me wrong, I like red dot scopes, holographics, scopes, etc. I have em all on one weapon or another. For my concealed carry, though, I need to hit a target the size of an average adult torso at close distance. Target acquisition is not a major concern. If RDS works better for you or anyone, I'd go for it. 👍🏼

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Sport Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Rubi axles and new tires and wheels installed.

IMG_4449.jpg

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Installed LOD Destroyer rock rails, will put the stock Rubicons on Craigslist assuming there’s a market for them. It’s a one person install with creative use of jack stands and floor jack. Heavy compared to the stock rails and installed the extra bolts (3 total) even though not planning to skid across any boulders, hate to have left over bolts. Small pilot hole and stepped bits did the trick.

Installed the trail rail management system, sliding gate, rubber cargo area mats and tailgate table a couple of weeks ago. The sliding gate is very useful and well made.

518553AF-C7E1-4CE8-87D8-E73D817BFA71.jpeg

1F49A581-CAAE-4B14-BC85-BC0E00BDC80B.jpeg

7B2111FE-C556-4A15-902B-4D326E60583A.jpeg

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
In the thread on this particular Element scenario you were not impressed with the Element so you carry a different fire extinguisher but in your test you said none of then helped and you ultimately had to use a fire hose and pry the hood open. So your opinion since they all failed would be that you aren't impressed by any of today's fire extinguisher choices, not just the Element
Fire Extinguishers are very useful. If you catch a fire early enough they can definitely prevent disaster if you know how to use it correctly. I know Lockheed Martin had a policy that if there was a fire in a facility, you were to alarm and evacuate. You were only supposed to attempt extinguishment if you had the annual training on fire extinguishers. In their case only the employee fire brigade was given the training. Personally though I don’t carry anything smaller than a 5lb extinguisher. I think the big takeaway from this is size does matter with an extinguisher and that no matter the training you have a limited ability and it may not be enough. Don’t get hurt and put yourself in danger. I would love to try the 100 or the 50 again on different scenarios, but I can’t afford to buy them to keep testing them. Also don’t go expecting miracles if you have never trained with them. Remember vehicles can be replaced, lives can’t. Be safe.

jroman

First Name
Jorge
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2014 Passat TDI
Occupation
Snowbird
Last winter I had a total failure that resulted in being towed to the dealer where both batteries were replaced. A month later I got to tow a 2019 26 miles out of the desert when they had a similar failure. I decided that wasn't for me so I ordered the Genesis system a week ago. I did the install yesterday by following the Genesis youtube video. It ended up actually working and was easier than I had anticipated. I wanted batteries that were locally available and warrantied just in case. The only ones I could find were the Optima. With the Optima you do need to remove the carry handle and use the spacer on the bottom. Other than that, just follow the video. Wish Jeep would do the same.

ivo

First Name
Johnny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2016 Navigator L, 1990 Mustang, 1994 XJ
how are they at highway speeds?
Are the mirrors long enough for passenger side viewing?

I currently have the doubletake mirrors but its a pain to adjust every time you want to use them.
I have had them at highway speeds on some back roads and there is a slight vibration. It’s not any worse than my Cummins was with the elephant ears extended. I can see out the passenger fine, they are definitely smaller than stock but both are convex to give a little more viewing angle. My recommendation pick one up at 7 dollars see if you like it and if not return it. For me they are fine but I wasn’t expecting the same quality as $200 options.

Reactions: ivo

azredzone

First Name
Terrel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I pulled the trigger and purchased a Hotheads Headliner for my hardtop and couldn’t be happier. Well worth the money and simple to install. The instructions walk you through the process very easily.
I got the side window kit to round out the look and also added the sound assassin strips too. I can definitely tell a difference in interior noise; quieter and less echoey inside.
The color is “graphite”.
56CF6909-438C-40B3-A64C-31F57B738594.jpeg
459B97AB-B8DE-4282-ADFE-2975B4375AD0.jpeg
I added the same package a few months ago and they made a noticeable difference in sound. Great product!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unencumbered
I did the install yesterday by following the Genesis youtube video.

It ended up actually working...
I chuckled at the way that was written, which suggests that a YouTube instructional video actually got things right. That's not always the case, to be sure.

I too see the Genesis battery system in my future.

Diode Dynamics