What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Got the tube doors put on. Pulled the top off with the TLP and it started pouring so no pics with Tube doors on and top off :facepalm: (Grabbed a pic in garage). You can see in pics the UTV mirrors from Amazon I’m trying out. Like the mounting option and how they look but jury’s out on visibility.
A9C97FC8-0CFB-4B79-B634-AFA4061B8B6C.png
36CAB48F-9856-4E6A-BDFF-22E0295F2C2C.png
40C4CFB8-E949-4191-A4A7-ED3E47A74DF5.jpeg

A7B03DA3-CFAA-47CD-A1FF-4D293CF259BF.jpeg
How is the visibility backing up? I have the CMM ones and there is such a fish-eye its near impossible.

Can you send the link to those you got on Amazon?

Thanks

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Test installed my American Adventure Lab M.A.S.S. Cargo Shelf. It /just/ fits with the Powertank rollbar mount. It's sitting on top of my Slipstream, which I'm going to remove.

1619323517484.png

1619323629795.png
How did you get yours to fit with your power tank? Is the tank resting on the shelf or on the PT mount? Also did you have to remove the PT handle?

Thanks for the help.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
How is the visibility backing up? I have the CMM ones and there is such a fish-eye its near impossible.

Can you send the link to those you got on Amazon?

Thanks
Backing up is not great. Definitely would be better if they stuck out a couple more inches. Also, the visibility is decent while driving but not great, okay for a quick glance to make sure no one next to you. Can’t really see anything directly behind you in these or rear view with big spare :facepalm:

there is quite a few different ones on Amazon but here is one I purchased.

Bevel Engineering Rear View Side Mirror Kit for UTV (2 Pack) Fits 1.6" - 2" Roll Cage Bar Break Away and Adjustable - High Impact Shatter Proof Tempered Glass (Driver and Passenger Side) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q4R1TH...abc_WZR1JGF8KS1NXJVZX57X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Backing up is not great. Definitely would be better if they stuck out a couple more inches. Also, the visibility is decent while driving but not great, okay for a quick glance to make sure no one next to you. Can’t really see anything directly behind you in these or rear view with big spare :facepalm:

there is quite a few different ones on Amazon but here is one I purchased.

Bevel Engineering Rear View Side Mirror Kit for UTV (2 Pack) Fits 1.6" - 2" Roll Cage Bar Break Away and Adjustable - High Impact Shatter Proof Tempered Glass (Driver and Passenger Side) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q4R1TH...abc_WZR1JGF8KS1NXJVZX57X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you for your detailed response!

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How did you get yours to fit with your power tank? Is the tank resting on the shelf or on the PT mount? Also did you have to remove the PT handle?

Thanks for the help.
I had thought about removing the handle, but decided against it for now. It’s still an option, as I leave the tank in its cradle when I’m bringing it along.

The tank does sit on the shelf somewhat. There’s a rubber boot on the tank which has a ridge along it. Without the shelf, that ridge rests flush with the bottom of the PT cradle. With the shelf, it’s about a quarter of an inch above the bottom half circle of the cradle. It‘s still secure in the mount.

I’ll try and grab a closeup of what I’m talking about this weekend.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yup exactly that. You pulling someone with your Jeep going in reverse puts a lot of stress on things. The drivetrain can't really handle it and things can nuke

Moving while winching puts a ton of stress on the winch and can break the gearing inside of the winch. They're not really meant for snatching / quick jerks. Just hook the winch up and let it do its thing

And if you snatch (like a quick jerk), use a snatch strap. They're intentionally stretchy to reduce the hard instant load on your rig. If you use a tow strap or a winch line, they're very rigid and put a ton of force on your stuff, which can break things

But hey! It's part of the fun. You break shit, you learn, you fix it, you move on and break the next thing haha
Sweet. I just used the jeep straps to pull someone out a few weeks ago but it was just a quick tug and I was in reverse.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had thought about removing the handle, but decided against it for now. It’s still an option, as I leave the tank in its cradle when I’m bringing it along.

The tank does sit on the shelf somewhat. There’s a rubber boot on the tank which has a ridge along it. Without the shelf, that ridge rests flush with the bottom of the PT cradle. With the shelf, it’s about a quarter of an inch above the bottom half circle of the cradle. It‘s still secure in the mount.

I’ll try and grab a closeup of what I’m talking about this weekend.
Thanks @mikej ! I understand exactly what you are talking about. I installed my shelf last week and had the same problem but I too thought it would be secure enough to rest on the shelf above the PT cradle. My top is currently off so I wasn't able to test it with the top on and assumed it wouldn't fit without removing the PT handle. If you have time, can you shoot me a couple photos of how it rests on your shelf and the clearance to the roof?

Thank you so much!