What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I'm very curious to see post install on your Rubicon - I've heard that the bumper to flare gap is pronounced on full width bumpers, and I haven't noticed many photos yet. I like the full width bumper.
I purposely
bought this one with the raised tubes. By the picture shown, I imagine the outer tubes to be at the approximate level of said gap. We will know Monday

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The last piece comes Monday. Then a custom built half deep rear cargo floor that flips up and also ends up being a solid level floor with back seats down.

Screenshot_20180601-105113_Chrome.jpg
Don't forget about the Smittybilt mail in rebate. You should be eligible for $100 back.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
What are you replacing it with? EVO stuff?
It's a long arm kit, but not EVO's... I don't want to give out too much information until it's fully done, but it is a version of ROAM Offroads long arm kit that I am testing.

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
Wingman, just ordered these thanks to you. After the Off-road pages not being on the 8.4" display, finding out the gap guards only came with leather was my next biggest disappointment. Was this a pretty straight forward install/come with decent instructions?
Glad to help. It was another forum member that helped me get the part numbers. This community really is amazing. It came with no instructions, but it’s pretty straight forward. You’ll need a deep socket 18mm if I remember right, and preferably a half inch socket wrench, although 3/8” would probably work. Remove the rear two outboard nuts that hold the seat down, and the rear center bolt that holds the seat down. Install bracket and retorque the nuts and bolt. Gap cover snaps into the bracket. Took me about 15 mins once I went out and bought a deep socket set. Lol

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Does that style of drop hitch affect the towing tongue weight or anything else?
Well, a steel non-adjustable 6" or 8" drop hitch with single ball weighs in at 12 lbs. This aluminum adjustable drop hitch (will drop 10") with dual ball weighs in a 18# .

The weight of the drop hitch you use, is included in the GVWR, which is the total combined weight of the vehicle, including all passengers, fuel, fluids and cargo. ...

Tongue weight is the amount of downward force applied to the hitch by the traile's tongue.

My small, open trailer is aluminum and all I carry on the trailer is my 700# Harley FatBoy.
My GVWR and Tongue weight are well below the 2dr. JL. maximum weight allowances.

I want my trailer tongue level and tongue weight correct, when the JL is loaded and attached to the loaded trailer... thus my need of a proper hitch drop.

My Harley is loaded stationary on the trailer, always in the same place, held by a motorcycle front wheel chock.

My load in the trailer is always the proper 60%/40% distribution.

There is trailer towing and safe trailer towing. I tow safely or I won't tow..

uuu.png

Last edited:

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
37’s cooper SST pro on stock wheels, NOT lifted yet. RK 2.5 kit on the way.

I will add the plastic rubbed on speed bumps and 4” test curb on the rear plastic stuff. Took a heat gun to it prior to pic.

Mopar tire reenforcement and relocation kit, plus ace rails going on hopefully tonight!