What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Any ideas on what to do with a plastic rear bumper and Tire Carrier from a Rubi - getting no bites.

I put the plastic bumper where it belonged-in the trash but gave away the red tow hook.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Any ideas on what to do with a plastic rear bumper and Tire Carrier from a Rubi - getting no bites.
Wait for someone to get rear ended about to turn in their lease.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
I so wish a good Samaritan from the USA would be prepared to ship their take-off unused plastic Rubi front bumper to me in South Africa (I will pay for shipping).

maybe one day my "What did you do TO your Jeep today" post can showcase what a Rubicon should look like (Euro bumper is really ugly).
To you both - there's always the "Pay It Forward" forum, where you can offer up or solicit takeoffs and ultimately get rid of - or find - what you're looking for....if you're patient enough. Especially if you're good for the shipping charges.

As of "now," there are a few rubi/willy's bumpers not yet marked as claimed.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I masked them off and got color matched paint cans from Automotive Touchup (google them). I sanded down the rough coating, 2 coats of primer, sand again, 2 coats of paint, 2 coats of clearcoat... Spraying was easy, but masking them off took about 30 minutes per fender. I waited 45 minutes per coat.
How many base/clear coat cans did you need?

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T
How many base/clear coat cans did you need?
[/QUOTE]

I used 2 coats of primer after sanding the rough black standard coating down, then 3 coats of base color, then 2 coats of clear. I needed 3 cans of primer, 4 cans of color matched paint, and 3 cans of clear. I also painted my stock tie rod, but thats being replaced with the Rustys Offroad steering kit that's on order. I have a little bit left over for fixing any chips that may happen. 2 trips through the car wash and all is good.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I had a kid that put them on his XJ and a friends XJ. I was having zero luck getting rid of the ones that I had. A year or so ago, I put one in recycling.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Added new rpm steering sway links.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 68BF5D6A-E8C6-4A6B-9C24-21B1D0BD4007
That looks great, those type of links are the best way to go with Rubi electro disconnect, IMO. ....... looks like the bolt hit your inner fender when stuffed. Been there, lol. If you turn the bolt around you get about 3/8” more clearance, also you can flatten out your sway bar angle by shortening up the links and it still won’t straighten out at full droop and risk flipping....... just some $.02.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I so wish a good Samaritan from the USA would be prepared to ship their take-off unused plastic Rubi front bumper to me in South Africa (I will pay for shipping).
You may have a long wait, mate. Are there any local aftermarket alternatives?

I want this exact configuration, but the soft top frame assembly prevents it. Oh well.

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
You may have a long wait, mate. Are there any local aftermarket alternatives?

I want this exact configuration, but the soft top frame assembly prevents it. Oh well.
Could you mount it so the fire extinguisher is aligned on the inside of the roll bar?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Could you mount it so the fire extinguisher is aligned on the inside of the roll bar?
No, that's precisely where the folding arm box (if that's the correct term) is located. Trust me, I've brainstormed this one. :)

For now, my extinguisher is secured quite well in the left rear cupholder. I'm come to prefer this location, actually.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Extinguisher cup holder

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
No, that's precisely where the folding arm box (if that's the correct term) is located. Trust me, I've brainstormed this one. :)

For now, my extinguisher is secured quite well in the left rear cupholder. I'm come to prefer this location, actually.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Extinguisher cup holder
I mounted mine on the outside of the roll bar, but I’m using a webbing/Velcro holder. Works fine with the soft top.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I mounted mine on the outside of the roll bar, but I’m using a webbing/Velcro holder. Works fine with the soft top.
Ditto on this for me. I have a Bartact mount with the extinguisher on the outside of the bar.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR