Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Fuel Kicker 5s. Drives pretty close to stock. A little floaty, steering is a touch more sensitive. I think its just a byproduct of a lifted vehicle though. I like it so far.
Floaty and sensitive steering feel typically indicates too low of caster and/or too much tire pressure. Rubicons in particular, tend to start life being caster deprived which gets worse after a lift.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not today, but 12 weeks from now...:facepalm:..... installing RK long arms........so me and Colby start our 12 week wait......

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0C548F76-2CA8-4A14-85D0-7278E5647606
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0C548F76-2CA8-4A14-85D0-7278E5647606
This is what happens when hanging out with Moto on the forum. Lured in with fancy knuckles, then when hooked, might as well gut the underside "while you're in there". Hahahaha!

Seriously though, congrats on the upcoming setup! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it post build.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is what happens when hanging out with Moto on the forum. Lured in with fancy knuckles, then when hooked, might as well gut the underside "while you're in there". Hahahaha!

Seriously though, congrats on the upcoming setup! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it post build.
Iā€™ll admit I was lured in by the knuckles , but just look at them, theyā€™re so damn sexy, lol.
The long arms have been on my radar for a long time. They are the one thing that if I had it to do over, I would have put on from the jump.

I recently checked the angle of my control arms roughly with a tape measure. Held it along the bottom of connecting bolts, then I stretched it out to where the long arms will mount. As you can see thereā€™s not much difference in the angle.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4B0D5E49-C418-4BF9-B9A2-1FDFE6458127
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6456CC14-098D-479C-B1C7-22442C05B40C

So after talking with RK and Moto 21 about his, my on road ride wonā€™t be the biggest benefit for me. It will probably improve stability slightly at best. My biggest benefit will be off-road where she spends most of her time.The longer arms will keep the wheel in the center of the wheel well when at full articulation, which in turn will eliminate rear steer feeling, and center my bump stops rendering them useful again, lol. Sorry for the novel.... šŸ˜‚

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ll admit I was lured in by the knuckles , but just look at them, theyā€™re so damn sexy, lol.
The long arms have been on my radar for a long time. They are the one thing that if I had it to do over, I would have put on from the jump.

I recently checked the angle of my control arms roughly with a tape measure. Held it along the bottom of connecting bolts, then I stretched it out to where the long arms will mount. As you can see thereā€™s not much difference in the angle.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6456CC14-098D-479C-B1C7-22442C05B40C

So after talking with RK and Moto 21 about his, my on road ride wonā€™t be the biggest benefit for me. It will probably improve stability slightly at best. My biggest benefit will be off-road where she spends most of her time.The longer arms will keep the wheel in the center of the wheel well when at full articulation, which in turn will eliminate rear steer feeling, and center my bump stops rendering them useful again, lol. Sorry for the novel.... šŸ˜‚
All good points but we all know you are preparing for 40s ;)

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Got my new jeep Wednesday, Thursday got 37ā€ tires, Friday did a rock crawler 2.5ā€ lift with controls arms, Saturday marveled at how awesome it looks and drives. Also annoyed wife, who for some unknown reason, is totally resisting my idea of setting up lawn chairs in the yard and spending the day tanning and enjoying the view of my new jeep. I even offered to bring a cooler with Pinot Grigio and a fruit platter.

8DDDD511-03C9-4B6B-AC8A-217F5919B47C.jpeg

EAEAD812-4A51-4E99-84A3-1A3E4BE08C5B.jpeg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EAEAD812-4A51-4E99-84A3-1A3E4BE08C5B
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EAEAD812-4A51-4E99-84A3-1A3E4BE08C5B

Pft! I'm the one who tends to occasionally run on. Lol! But I like details, so I provide them for those who, like myself, don't just scan the threads.

I fully agree with RK and Moto. Going from mid arms that terminate on the underside of the frame to long arms that attach to the side of it, will not change on road angles and behavior enough to notice. Minimizing fore and aft axle shift during suspension cycling is where the long arms will really shine.

Curious, are you sticking with the 4-link or going with their 3-link? Coilovers or RK's 4.5" springs? If the latter, will your 2.5" Fox's have enough stroke? I know you went with the ones for 4.5-6" lift, but would they be enough to not be a limitation? Not trying to bomb you with questions, just genuinely interested.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? kevin-mccallister-macaulay-culkin

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Pft! I'm the one who tends to occasionally run on. Lol! But I like details, so I provide them for those who, like myself, don't just scan the threads.

I fully agree with RK and Moto. Going from mid arms that terminate on the underside of the frame to long arms that attach to the side of it, will not change on road angles and behavior enough to notice. Minimizing fore and aft axle shift during suspension cycling is where the long arms will really shine.

Curious, are you sticking with the 4-link or going with their 3-link? Coilovers or RK's 4.5" springs? If the latter, will your 2.5" Fox's have enough stroke? I know you went with the ones for 4.5-6" lift, but would they be enough to not be a limitation? Not trying to bomb you with questions, just genuinely interested.
kevin-mccallister-macaulay-culkin.gif
I ordered the 3 link rear......

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7A6FF4AB-1EAA-4DFC-A174-FFF7E171C842

Never say never but at this time Iā€™m comfortable with the amount of lift and articulations I have right now. I canā€™t get any more travel without going to coil overs or 6 pks. The only reason I didnā€™t go with the 6pks, is I really like using the adjustability of the resi dscā€™s. Donā€™t want to go to 40s because I want to do it right and do tons with them. So for now, I feel the only thing Iā€™m missing out on is the more freedom of articulation.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the 3 link rear......

7A6FF4AB-1EAA-4DFC-A174-FFF7E171C842.png

Never say never but at this time Iā€™m comfortable with the amount of lift and articulations I have right now. I canā€™t get any more travel without going to coil overs or 6 pks. The only reason I didnā€™t go with the 6pks, is I really like using the adjustability of the resi dscā€™s. Donā€™t want to go to 40s because I want to do it right and do tons with them. So for now, I feel the only thing Iā€™m missing out on right now is the more freedom of articulation.
You showed me pictures of your jeep flexed out once before , it is pretty amazing as is.. I canā€™t imagine the extra cost of a coil over system being worth it.

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
I really like those wheels. Are they 1 or -12 offset? Would you be able to send a few more pics of from the front showing the poke?
They are +1 offset. I believe the tread is out 2" and the sidewall sticks out 2 3/4"

Attachments

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s not so bad in the rabbit hole. You just need to change your lifestyle a little bit.
I mean ... Top Ramen noodles and Spam isnā€™t that bad when cooked properly..... šŸ˜