What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Busy project weekend. Installed Rubicon shocks and springs. Before my winch and bumper measured at middle of fender flare at 35.5 front/36 rear. Post winch and bumper 34 3/4 front. I put on 3/4 spacers ontop of the 58/59 front Rubicon springs. In the front after settling over night I measured 37 front and with 89/90 rear springs 37 1/2 driver rear and 37 3/8 passenger rear. Yes, I put the larger number springs on the passenger side. Cant figure out how I am 1/8 inch lower. Im not tearing the rear apart to chase down 1/8 of an inch. I installed the rear springs with the tags on the up side. Definitely rides better than the Sport suspension. I also installed all new spring isolators front and back and Fox bumpstops as well as a Fox steering stabalizer. Also installed a Bolt hoodlock and Lamin-x amber fog light covers and painted my cowl vent. That storm that came through on Saturday caused me to split my project into two days. Ran out of time to go and play with the new suspension.

View attachment 446302

20210410_114339.jpg

20210410_114325.jpg

20210411_162528.jpg

20210411_162509.jpg

20210410_210935.jpg

20210410_210929.jpg

20201016_154850.jpg

20210411_120631.jpg

20210411_122640.jpg

20210411_162650.jpg

20210411_162538.jpg
The Bolt hood lock should have included several 1/4" steel rivets (in case yours were missing). Or did you want to use nuts/bolts/washers instead?

I've a pair of Lamin-X fog light covers in the parts box. Did you remove the fog light housings from the bumper to allow for easier installation? That seems to be necessary so as to allow for proper placement & adhesion. TIA.

What part/SKU did you gentlemen use for the OEM fogs? I'm looking to do yellow on them, but my last few attempts to find the 'proper' part seemed hit or miss.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
What part/SKU did you gentlemen use for the OEM fogs? I'm looking to do yellow on them, but my last few attempts to find the 'proper' part seemed hit or miss.
I used this page, and selected my color choice.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
You do see a Canadian maple leaf. My late father was Canadian and I always put a maple leaf on my cars (Jeep!) in memory of him. I blame him for my love of cars, baseball, and wine :).
What... no mention of curling, poutine, or Kiefer Sutherland? Tim Hortons... eh?

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been thinking about doing a speaker upgrade. Everywhere I have gone from custom shops to even Best Buy have all told me “it’s not worth it.” I’m not trying to do anything crazy, just want to improve the quality/clarity. Do you feel like it make a significant improvement?
Your first mistake is listening to best buy. :)

I just replaced the Dash and knees.
I first did the dash, with Infinity REF-3032cfx. An instant and easy upgrade. Piece of cake.
The Knees i did next...that's a pain in the ass, but well worth it in the end.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Well nothing against France or numerous other countries with tge same colors, but these are a nod to the US and TX flags. Unless on the right shoulder, the blue field is displayed on the left. It's funny how saying "red, white, and blue" sticks in our heads.

Oh, gotcha.
I totally understand and respect your nod to the U.S. flag.
But with flags 50% the colors and 50% placement of those colors mean EVERYTHING.
The stars are also an important part of the U.S.A. Flag. Everything is in there place for a reason.
If a flag is worn on a military uniform the Union “blue field” is always facing forward. It signifies that we don’t back down.
Retired U.S. military here.....

Now you know, and “Knowing is half the battle”
G. I. Joe

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Oh, gotcha.
I totally understand and respect your nod to the U.S. flag.
But with flags 50% the colors and 50% placement of those colors mean EVERYTHING.
The stars are also an important part of the U.S.A. Flag. Everything is in there place for a reason.
If a flag is worn on a military uniform the Union “blue field” is always facing forward. It signifies that we don’t back down.
Retired U.S. military here.....

Now you know, and “Knowing is half the battle”
G. I. Joe
Right on. Retired Army here. I got the whole G.I. Joe package - lol. US flag on left shoulder, blue is forward and the flag is displayed as per usual. For the right shoulder, the flag is reversed so as always to face the battle, blue forward. Had I put the stripes on the "right shoulder" of the grill, I would have reversed the order.

It's confusing maybe, but certainly a conversation piece. I might get bored and change it up someday. Right now, I have a couple of mods ahead of it.

I retired in TX and will never live elsewhere, so the colors stand proudly here as well.

At any rate, good to chat with another vet. 🇺🇲

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Right on. Retired Army here. I got the whole G.I. Joe package - lol. US flag on left shoulder, blue is forward and the flag is displayed as per usual. For the right shoulder, the flag is reversed so as always to face the battle, blue forward. Had I put the stripes on the "right shoulder" of the grill, I would have reversed the order.

It's confusing maybe, but certainly a conversation piece. I might get bored and change it up someday. Right now, I have a couple of mods ahead of it.

I retired in TX and will never live elsewhere, so the colors stand proudly here as well.

At any rate, good to chat with another vet. 🇺🇲
Good chat and thank you for your service!