What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

TechSlinger

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon Unlimited
Painted the stock Rubicon wheels black w/ Plastidip. I've seen a few folks asking what they'd look like and figured I'd give it a go while trying to decide on the wheel/tire setup I want to go with. Also swapped the hardtop for the soft top thanks to some decent weather this week. No complaints so far.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 8.39.07 PM

jimquill

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU
Depending on the speaker, yes it’s worth it. I used Infinity Reference speakers, and their sensitivity is fairly high. As far as louder, it’s debatable. They absolutely sound better than the stock ones, but you won’t be able to crank the volume much higher unless you use amplification.
you didn't have any issues with the system not recognizing the aftermarket speakers? Did you have add resistors? I'd love to just do a speaker upgrade but lots of posts saying I need a pre-amp

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
I started getting bug splatters before all of the snow melted. So I attached the Aeroskin II bug deflector (not today, but Friday evening). Easy install, and the matt black matches the fenders quite well.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 8.39.07 PM

Install when temps are between 60-80 degrees; check. Do not drive for 24 hours after installing; check. Do not wash for 72 hours; does 99% chance of rain starting at about 67 hours count?
I have this too and love it!

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
No need to buy LED markers when I have LEDs from factory. Just threw some film at it.

AAD9B711-431F-4558-8743-F6C616887904.jpeg
Did the same thing except I used the rattle can version...Not as nice as yours.
A31D9A4B-EB16-406D-B9AE-D234C35F830C.jpeg

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6119.PNG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6120.PNG

I went one step further with film on the DRL and swapped out the side markers with smoked-lens LEDs.

Last edited:

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Managed to get 4 rubber donuts in the Jeep. Guy was a little shocked rolling up with no trailer or anything to buy them.🤣
4 patagonia my 40s, less than 100 miles for $1k. Thought I'd try them out.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210313_210843
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210314_110219

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL High Altitude Sport
I have not done anything else. With respect to a re-gear, I have an auto 3.6 and it drives surprising well with the 37s. While it is certainly a bit more sluggish, it is not bad, and I am planning to leave the 4.10s for now. As far as the axles, while I do go off road, I don't do anything too hardcore. Based on what I have read, it seems that many leave the axels alone. I am planning to keep the axels stock. I do expect I will need to replace the ball joints at some point, but I am going to wait on that for now.
Hey whats going on. Is there a way to offset some of that sluggishness from the 37s? and did you re-porgram for 37's after installing them?y 2 I have some 35s I want to put on my 2021 JL but thinking of just making the jump to 37s. Curious what are the MUST for a daily driver!