What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Love my Redline Tuning hood struts. The upper brackets were a bit precious to install, but everything eventually buttoned up correctly.

I'll monitor the vehicle's hood for creases as Aldo has reported on. The struts' functionality would be missed if creasing requires their removal, but it's better that the JL community know if the struts are ill-suited for long-term use.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
We realizing it is not our System that you purchased, but for clarification which product did you buy? We spent months designing our system to insure a seamless bolt in design that functions perfectly and would be 100% removable. Please post a picture of the issue so we can research it to insure our product does not have them same issue.
Here are some shots.

Like I said, it is only visible against the light. The dimple is right in the middle of the photo.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1605641413152

This is the anchoring system that came with the struts I got. Looks and feels pretty sturdy to me. The dimple is right outside from where this strut is anchored.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1605641579338

This is what the seller shows everything looks like before installation.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1605641761932

I am no engineer, but it seems to me that it could be more that the JL aluminum hood is weak than a problem with the struts themselves.

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Here are some shots.

Like I said, it is only visible against the light. The dimple is right in the middle of the photo.
1605641413152.png

This is the anchoring system that came with the struts I got. Looks and feels pretty sturdy to me. The dimple is right outside from where this strut is anchored.

I am no engineer, but it seems to me that it could be more that the JL aluminum hood is weak than a problem with the struts themselves.
For people reading this: This issue is NOT with a Redline Tuning product!

Honestly, to me it looks like the bolts they supply to retain their hood bracket assembly are too long and one dimpled the hood when tightened down. (pushed up the hood skin)

We have designed hood lift systems for over 350 unique vehicles and more than 50% have aluminum hoods with zero issues. We spend alot of time valving our gas springs to the correct pressure as to provide enough force to lift the hood, but not too much force to stress the hood.

Without seeing it in person, it is tough to say. I'm sorry you had to experience that damage with another companies product.

I can say with confidence that we have sold thousands of our Hood QuickLIFT systems for the JL with zero issues.

Last edited:

Matto74

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I found these side lights, they are super slick. Has a amber turn single indicator for you guys with aftermarket fenders with a small or no turn single light. The fit and finish is as good as factory. My only issue is their logo.
They work with Artech dual pillar lights. Too.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ABD6AED5-3F03-4110-BD86-8AF40F7236A7

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ABD6AED5-3F03-4110-BD86-8AF40F7236A7

Where did you get the skull decal?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, to me it looks like the bolts they supply to retain their hood bracket assembly are too long and one dimpled the hood when tightened down. (pushed up the hood skin)

We have designed hood lift systems for over 350 unique vehicles and more than 50% have aluminum hoods with zero issues. We spend alot of time valving our gas springs to the correct pressure as to provide enough force to lift the hood, but not too much force to stress the hood.

Without seeing it in person, it is tough to say. I'm sorry you had to experience that damage with another companies product.

I can say with confidence that we have sold thousands of our Hood QuickLIFT systems for the JL with zero issues.
Hmmm...I doubt the bolts are that long. But what do I know.

I added a pair of hood struts to my Mazda-built Fiat Spider; that design and process was much simpler than on these Jeeps.

The more I work on these JLs, the less I want to touch. These new Jeeps are made with little room for anything. When one starts wrenching on these JLs everything is crammed tight, parts are unnecessary over-complicated yet at the same time seem fragile.

This is a big change from how Jeeps used to be just a few years ago.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Turned off the TraveLink using the Tazer Mini.

Gawd those non-stop Severe Weather Alerts are annoying!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I stocked the rear storage cubby with the boutique fluids that this stupid new engine awesome JL requires:

-ZF 8 & 9 speed ATF fluid
-API SP/GF-6 synthetic 5W-30 engine oil
-MS-12106 "Organic Acid Technology" 50/50 coolant

Edit: I just ordered a serpentine belt to add to my spares loadout.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Belt

Last edited:

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I stocked the rear storage cubby with the boutique fluids that this stupid new engine awesome JL requires:

-ZF 8 & 9 speed ATF fluid
-API SP/GF-6 synthetic 5W-30 engine oil
-MS-12106 "Organic Acid Technology" 50/50 coolant

I have to search for a spare serpentine belt to carry. I've got the nomenclature; just need to find the best-price vendor.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Belt
81st, were you at Bentwaters? I spent a few years at RAF Upper Heyford.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
81st, were you at Bentwaters?
I spent a few years at RAF Upper Heyford.
You're the second forum member to ask me that question. :)

Yep, I was stationed at Crooked Creek from June 1987 through May 1989. My buddy from Tech School (Sheppard AFB) was stationed at Mildenhall at the same time.

The stories I could tell...
PM me if you want to chew the fat.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Turned off the TraveLink using the Tazer Mini.

Gawd those non-stop Severe Weather Alerts are annoying!
Try moving to the desert. The only severe weather we get is the occasional haboob

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Lotta work but now you can give quick blow jobs
It was getting dark by the time I had it all wrapped up, but I wasn't gonna let that stop me. I grabbed my headlamp and started blowing my little heart out. I cant wait to blow some more. Maybe I should put a sign on the side of the jeep, "blows for hire".

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Try moving to the desert. The only severe weather we get is the occasional haboob
Ha. No thanks.

I’ll just disable the Weather Alerts.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
It was getting dark by the time I had it all wrapped up, but I wasn't gonna let that stop me. I grabbed my headlamp and started blowing my little heart out. I cant wait to blow some more. Maybe I should put a sign on the side of the jeep, "blows for hire".
Ill get mine out, blow wars