What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Installed a Voswitch JL300. Very happy with it. Have a Rubicon and it did not come with the Aux switch panel, and this fit right in that cubby. No flash needed and 6 switches available. I like the relays and fuses can be serviced, and while no time under load, happy with the quality during the install. Smittybilt Stryker with a LED light bar next, so will test it out in a week or so.

Also.., and sorry to open Pandora's box.., anyone have ideas on cube lights for the end caps of that Smittybilt bumper? Trying to see if I can squeeze four cubes (two each side), and have one set be flood, and one set spot...

20201030_145541.jpg

20201030_145512.jpg

20201030_114316.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Looks great! They definitely complete the lifted with big tires look, while still serving a functional benefit. Makes the Jeep look more purposeful. Did you, or are you doing their fender liners and retention hardware?

One heads up, the larger you go over 37's the more rear pinch seam has to be removed. I'm on 38's and have to remove a large enough slice, that will now also involve modifying the rear half of the AAL liners to accommodate the relocating of the mounting plate. The plate wraps around the pinch seam in question.
Had I been aware of the Nemesis liners, I would've gone with them. They are designed for trimmed wheel wells to fit 40’s.
I am staying with 37s. I have the Aztec inner fenders in the front.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Looks great! They definitely complete the lifted with big tires look, while still serving a functional benefit. Makes the Jeep look more purposeful. Did you, or are you doing their fender liners and retention hardware?

One heads up, the larger you go over 37's the more rear pinch seam has to be removed. I'm on 38's and have to remove a large enough slice, that will now also involve modifying the rear half of the AAL liners to accommodate the relocating of the mounting plate. The plate wraps around the pinch seam in question.
Had I been aware of the Nemesis liners, I would've gone with them. They are designed for trimmed wheel wells to fit 40’s.
You'd do Nemesis front and rear or just the rear due to pinch seam?

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Installed a Voswitch JL300. Very happy with it. Have a Rubicon and it did not come with the Aux switch panel, and this fit right in that cubby. No flash needed and 6 switches available. I like the relays and fuses can be serviced, and while no time under load, happy with the quality during the install. Smittybilt Stryker with a LED light bar next, so will test it out in a week or so.

Also.., and sorry to open Pandora's box.., anyone have ideas on cube lights for the end caps of that Smittybilt bumper? Trying to see if I can squeeze four cubes (two each side), and have one set be flood, and one set spot...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201030_114316

Considering this over purchasing the Mopar aux switches, please report back on this after you've had some time with it.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My son installed new 37x12.5R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers to replace his 37" Patagonias. He said they took anywhere between 2oz and 4oz of weight, which is very good for a tire this large, aggressive, and heavy. On his shop's Road Force balancer, all four tires came in between 19# - 22#, again very good for a large, aggressive tire with stiff sidewalls. As a comparison, most of the large mud tires come in around 40# on the Road Force balancer.

After completing a chalk test, he is running them at 34 psi.

They are heavier and he can tell a very slight difference in acceleration with them vs the Pats. He also said they are slightly louder, but is to be expected with this tread pattern, but not obnoxious.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0804

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
While this could be for self defence - this is actually for one of my favourite things since I was little...

Whenever I'm out in nature, over looking a cliff, or a lake, or a river - I always love to find me a nice one handed driftwood bat and bat rocks out as far as I can... I find it calming :LOL:

Regardless, since I find myself in these places every weekend now I got myself a tire-checker and used a fire extinguisher holder to mount it.

Just undo the bottom strap and it can be pulled out / inserted.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_8929

MikeinDelaware

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Turbo
Build Thread
Link
if you get a chance can you weight it after getting it back form lineX? i am super curious about the weight change. Thanks!
I'll get you a number.

Richris1

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392
Took delivery Monday. Added N-Fab steps & sill guards on Tuesday.
Mopar lift with BFG 35’s yesterday...THEN....dealer couldn’t align.....THEN.....dealer added steering stabilize......THEN.....dealer added adjustable track bar :whew:.
‘Now it seems to be tracking/steering/handling properly and alignment seems fine....BUT....front axle is about 3/4 inch out to the drivers side. :facepalm:
‘Thinking front bumper next

33DFD175-074B-4B62-9881-DBA4C7D553BC.jpeg

C6C72697-E0B5-4005-AE82-3B268EACDF9B.jpeg

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon 2.0T
Hi,
Did you install them yourself ? Where did you buy/order them ?

Grtz
H
I had my dealer get them...they gave me $100 off, still making them $825...and a $90 to install. After I saw the tech put them on...I definitely could have saved $90!

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Finally changed out my fender lights. These have been sitting on my workbench for months now. Love the smoked out look.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C6C72697-E0B5-4005-AE82-3B268EACDF9B

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C6C72697-E0B5-4005-AE82-3B268EACDF9B

What lights are they? I agree that they definitely complete the look. Love the high fenders on the Willys as well!

I learned today that if you are in 4H and turn slowly at low speed the wheels get a little herky-jerky.

I'm a 4 wheel noob.
I did that the first time too... scared the hell out of me :)
Another noob that came from a KL that got surprised by this as well .

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
What lights are they? I agree that they definitely complete the look. Love the high fenders on the Willys as well!

Another noob that came from a KL that got surprised by this as well .
I’m not sure the brand, I bought the so long ago on eBay. Not very expensive I believe they were about $100