What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Haha yeah, I already had some headliner spray adhesive around but I will say to spray a good lighter coat on the foam, then line up and stick the fabric to it. I tried spraying the fabric first and had some discoloration in the red panels from the adhesive soaking through. No issues spraying the foam first
Thanks a ton! I really appreciate the advice.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I totally get that. There’s nothing quite like the initial factory assembly.
I had to remove my front driver-side fender to install an on-board compressor and in the process of removal, I broke one clip and a small area of the little plastic clip-retainer on the fender itself. The clip is easily replaceable but that little fender plastic breaking got on my nerves. Glue made it all better and functional again as a clip retainer but I can’t get it out of my head that that particular fender is no longer pristine:crying::CWL:
I am the same way.

TIP: you can always go to the other side and break that little plastic piece in exactly the same way... :LOL:

ascuro

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 1985 CJ7
The parts I am concerned with is: (1) pulling the HVAC controls without leaving any marks, and (2) adding any unintended squeaks or rattles. My Jeep’s interior is quiet like tomb so far.
It's really not too bad. I swapped in the Gladiator launch edition panels a while back. There's a bunch of good step-by-step videos on youtube. Just go easy and you won't break anything. Get a set of plastic trim removal tools and be liberal with painters tape on all the surfaces you pry against. I've taken my dash apart a handful of times for various reasons (mostly hunting down a loose USB plug), and the most annoying part will be if you drop any of the little plastic clips.

Just make sure you disconnect the battery before messing with the airbag. The one thing most of the walkthroughs don't do is remove the passenger grab handle - it's actually quite easy, just pop the trim piece off the right side and remove two long bolts. Makes removing/installing the two lower bolts behind it much easier (I removed it for installation after taking this pic).

IMG_4280.jpg
IMG_4286.jpg

asni13

First Name
Ali
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
They are actually Smittybilt SRC side armor with steps. So far, I guess I don’t have any real complaints about them. The price was right, I needed some sort of steps for the wife, and liked the look of them.
6AE3BB56-9B76-4495-9D2A-3ECCFC2BBAD8.jpeg
EE24B7A4-EB55-47D8-855B-05CA55160CC9.jpeg
How much do these steps weigh?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I want to do this to my Sahara using wood grain vinyl wrap. But having to disassemble the entire dashboard to get to those dashboard covers holds me back.

1603036590951.jpeg
couldnt you just apply the wrap without taking the dash apart. i get that it would be easier to work on it while its off. i think with an extra set of hand it would work just a little harder.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3 / 2018 3.6 JLR (all manual, of course)
Occupation
Backup for The Stig
Vehicle Showcase
We're running low on :sun: 70+ degree days down here... so I took a day off from the golf & took advantage of this one and swapped the rear track bar with the Yeti. Matching front-n-back thick-ass track bars... like his-n-hers t-shirts. Easy install. And it plays real nice with the MC diff cover.

SS_Yeti_004.jpg

Northridge4x4