First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
First few mods; starting with the basics. need to take things slow; ill try to anyway lol.
-window tints
-mopar door sills
-8.4 uconnect screen protector
-mopar all-weather slush mats
-coasters
-stubby antenna x
-proclip phone mount
20201015_121334.jpg
As Aldo pointed out, you will want to protect that painted lip. You can either rip yours out and start over OR just add some protection. Kinda like this, or clear film.

FAC1D75B-0BB4-404A-A1C6-A92DEC93F9DC_1_105_c.jpeg

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
As Aldo pointed out, you will want to protect that painted lip. You can either rip yours out and start over OR just add some protection. Kinda like this, or clear film.

FAC1D75B-0BB4-404A-A1C6-A92DEC93F9DC_1_105_c.jpeg
I like your black film with the rough texture. Where might one purchase these products?

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I like your black film with the rough texture. Where might one purchase these products?
It was a failed kit I bought that was to be the actual protection but it just didn't fit right. I used the leftover stickums to do the protection with the Mopar treads. You could use any lightweight tread stickums. I could try to locate my old purchase info if you want. Let me know.

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)
I have most of the same accessories. I like them coasters!

You are going to find those Mopar sill guards inadequate, though. After scuffing the paint with my boots, I ended ripping them up and replacing them with a set from Quadratec.
2AE0E1F9-9A4D-4E4A-A4A9-ED1E63A5899A.jpeg
yeah I hear you; want my whole jeep have a clean look with the same all Mopar parts. I have to say those have awesome protection.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
It was a failed kit I bought that was to be the actual protection but it just didn't fit right. I used the leftover stickums to do the protection with the Mopar treads. You could use any lightweight tread stickums. I could try to locate my old purchase info if you want. Let me know.
Thanks! I figure those good quality rough textured tapes could work well as well. I already have the Mopar guards I just want to cover up the lip without having to change out the sill guards.
23F14DBD-0931-40D8-87FB-457498FB43BF.jpeg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
yeah I hear you; want my whole jeep have a clean look with the same all Mopar parts.
That’s fair.

I used to buy Mopar everything. The Mopar named used to imply I was getting the best fit, look and quality for the money. But I’ve found that’s less the case now. Increasingly aftermarket suppliers are coming up with accessories that work better, look better and cost half.

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
This is awesome! Are you replacing the fabric on your Mopar headliners or did you make the headliners from scratch??
Made from scratch. 1/2” foam insulation wrapped in fabric of your choice with some headliner adhesive. 3M double side adhesive to stick in place. Took about an hour and a half for the first two, should go faster now that I have a system.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Made from scratch. 1/2” foam insulation wrapped in fabric of your choice with some headliner adhesive. 3M double side adhesive to stick in place. Took about an hour and a half for the first two, should go faster now that I have a system.
Wow thanks a million! That’s easier than I would’ve thought. Will definitely have fun working on this project in the coming months!:like:

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Would the ‘3M Headliner and Fabric Adhesive’ be a good option? I hadn’t realized they’re spray cans.

edit: nevermind! The spray is for the fabric to stick on to the foam haha:LOL:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I want to do this to my Sahara using wood grain vinyl wrap. But having to disassemble the entire dashboard to get to those dashboard covers holds me back.

1603036590951.jpeg

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
I want to do this to my Sahara using wood grain vinyl wrap. But having to disassemble the entire dashboard to get to those dashboard covers holds me back.

1603036590951.jpeg
That looks so fresh. I saw a YouTube video a couple days back of replacing the instrument cluster and you’d be surprised how fast and easy it was to remove the entire dashboard and those covers.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That looks so fresh. I saw a YouTube video a couple days back of replacing the instrument cluster and you’d be surprised how fast and easy it was to remove the entire dashboard and those covers.
Yes, I saw that video, too.

The parts I am concerned with is: (1) pulling the HVAC controls without leaving any marks, and (2) adding any unintended squeaks or rattles. My Jeep’s interior is quiet like tomb so far.

Next Venture Motorsports