What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Also, not what I did to my Jeep this weekend but what some other individual did....

stole my Firestik CB antenna and foreverwave US Flag... so frustrating...happened while I was at a birthday dinner at a restaurant...
I actually worry about this issue a lot as my Jeep is parked out in public more than it’s not.
For some years now, I've been parking in employee parking areas, where they're evident and when I'm able to do so. These areas are usually segregated (in varying degrees), and do tend to have less comings & goings throughout the day. To date, I've never suffered a door ding or theft, and people that park too close are exceedingly rare.

A simple, cost-free and effective M.O., in my experience.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Installed the Warn Elite rear bumper with tire carrier. I like it so far.

20201018_203706.jpg
Got one without the carrier in the back of my truck. How long to install?

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Got one without the carrier in the back of my truck. How long to install?
It took about 4 1/2 - 5 hours. Some of that was taken up cutting the camera housing out of the stock tire carrier. I didn't like that the camera was exposed on Warn's system. We also drilled two more holes for the third brake light. It sat too high on the lowest setting.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Not today but hopefully this coming weekend....the big brown truck just dropped this off. It’s the Trektop Ultra, the one that debuted at sema last year or year before, I can’t remember. It folds all the way down like a normal soft top. This was a request from CEO (Colby) and CFO (wife) so I was overruled......:facepalm:...................:)

4DA0384E-8573-41E9-BEB9-F8433E642D7D.jpeg
42FEF1ED-42E5-4801-A29A-7D016275AC31.jpeg
A CEO that adorable needs to be obeyed :like:.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Just had my windshield replaced. Got my first chip a few weeks after owning it. Then a little bit ago got another hit that cracked it.

1.5 years in and on my first replacement. Not bad. Lol.

5E37557E-E21D-4992-A68D-FAEA2D06E1F8.jpeg

1B165BD0-2DED-4062-82C1-94D75F218163.jpeg

3AAB8A59-55AD-4A26-A67A-CF87B5EFC8B2.jpeg

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Just had my windshield replaced. Got my first chip a few weeks after owning it. Then a little bit ago got another hit that cracked it.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3AAB8A59-55AD-4A26-A67A-CF87B5EFC8B2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3AAB8A59-55AD-4A26-A67A-CF87B5EFC8B2

Looks good! I’m sure we’re all going to have to do this at some point in our Jeep’s life just because of the steep angle compared to most other vehicles. This high angle causes rocks to make impact with the windshield instead of gliding off.
May I ask who you went to for the replacement? How would you rate their quality of workmanship?
Have you noticed anything different at all compared to the factory windshield?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! I’m sure we’re all going to have to do this at some point in our Jeep’s life just because of the steep angle compared to most other vehicles. This high angle causes rocks to make impact with the windshield instead of gliding off.
May I ask who you went to for the replacement? How would you rate their quality of workmanship?
Have you noticed anything different at all compared to the factory windshield?
I went through my insurance since I have a $0 deductible......did that due to the steep angle these have. They use safelite and I had it done in my driveway. The install went well, seemed easy enough. They used an OEM windshield so it’s got mopar written on it and the Jeep climbing the mountain as well. Glass looks good as new. Since it’s more or less a factory windshield, not sure I’ll notice much of a difference though. I’d rate his workmanship high. He seemed knowledgeable and said he’s been doing this most his life. His family has been working with glass many years he said. Did a good job and no damage to my Jeep or paint.

It was just installed an hour ago and haven’t driven it yet. They said to wait an hour or so. I think I’m going to let it sit for the rest of the day as I don’t need it today.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I've had three windscreens replaced to date, all due to damage caused by small/errant rocks (2 Honda CR-Vs and 1 Toyota Corolla). PA's annual vehicle Safety Inspection is unforgiving as it concerns the size and location of chips and cracks on the forward glass. This is why the Comprehensive line item on our auto policy has a $0 deductible.

Having watched the relative ease with which the technicians remove the damaged windscreens, I'm reminded that security is an illusion.

Last edited:

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201019_175641

I had mine replaced today at 4000 miles and only 3 months old.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
My first one was within 1000 miles. I asked safelite for a non mopar replacement and no cracks yet at 16k miles.
Doh! Are you saying the mopar ones are weaker? If that’s the case I’ll request a non mopar next time. I’m actually waiting for the gorilla glass to stock up. They are out now but I want one of those. Suppose to be super strong.

I had my first chip a few hundred miles in. It was only 2 weeks old. But I filled it and it lasted until recently got another hit that cracked it.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I added a couple of skeletons as well. I think this should qualify for the carpool lane. CHP may disagree.

You should put masks on them to be COVID compliant. :CWL:

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Doh! Are you saying the mopar ones are weaker? If that’s the case I’ll request a non mopar next time. I’m actually waiting for the gorilla glass to stock up. They are out now but I want one of those. Suppose to be super strong.

I had my first chip a few hundred miles in. It was only 2 weeks old. But I filled it and it lasted until recently got another hit that cracked it.
I am not saying non mopar is better, It is probably more random luck so far. Plus I stopped being the first vehicle behind a dump truck. And I lowered my coverage to $0 deductable, so there may be some karma there.

Litebrite said mopar windshield's suck