What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Installed the first speakers that arrived - front corners. Kicker KSC350's. Quick install, made a lot more than $70 difference in my opinion...worth the $
IMG_6866.jpg
IMG_6865.jpg
I want to do this mod so bad but torn between the Infinity's or the Kickers. Have read (almost said heard) good things about both options on the forums, but has anyone actually heard both and compare/contrast? I know sound is subjective, but looking hoping someone has tried both and have a preference.

Thanks!

CactusDave

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Installed the first speakers that arrived - front corners. Kicker KSC350's. Quick install, made a lot more than $70 difference in my opinion...worth the $
IMG_6866.jpg
IMG_6865.jpg
Are you powering those with an additional amp? If not, do you have the base or the upgraded Alpine stereo?

davidsrosser

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Are you powering those with an additional amp? If not, do you have the base or the upgraded Alpine stereo?
base 7” system. No additional amp. Sounds much louder and more importantly to me it sounds cleaner. I should receive the sound bar speakers tomorrow. I’m holding off on the front knee panel replacements for a while.

Heimkehr

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Does Crutchfield provide the JL Master Sheet document when just speakers are purchased?

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
i spent the extra $10.00 and bought the Infinity ones for the front corners. Had to trim the ears a hair but super easy install. just wanted to up the quality a bit on my 8.4” system. Was quite pleased at the level of bass and clarity from these...definitely a improvement and not that expensive. Immediately got online and ordered another pair for the sound bar which take the same size. I will not tackle the front ones or the sub.
Was pretty surprised at how cheap the old ones i pulled out were, had like zero magnet on them.
Highly recommended upgrade for under $100.00

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL - Build date 06/18
Crutchfield must be happy as I ordered them this week too. Mine will come in tomorrow.

IMG_6865.jpg

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! How do these look from the standpoint of collecting rocks Where the flairs meet the body? Do they look better than the stock Rubicon’s? Thanks.

Scott
Not sure about the Rubicon flares but its much better than the Sport flares were. The rear set its a total non issue it should not collect any pebbles. The fronts there is still a bit of a trench on the top of the flare but its much less pronounced and just looking at it any gravel that collects should spray out with a water hose and not get stuck like my Sport flares did.

Advertisement

Advertisement