Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
@redsyphon

Well, you did your homework... you got the best hood lift offering and the best hood lock. Can't speak for the Bolt Hood Lock (has terrific reviews though by others here) but you will love the @Redline Tuning hood lift system, which I think is terrific..

Oh, in regard to the factory hood prop. You can remove that fuggly thing, easily...and put it in the shed... 8-)

Just unbolt the hood prop and the little yellow plastic prop grabber can be easily popped right off/removed without damage to it or hood, using a pry tool...
I have to say, the install instructions that came with the Redline were spot on. Full color, clear print and written well. Literally a 5 minute install for a huge quality of life improvement. ;)

TX_Flip

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Not much of a photo to show (so I didn't) but picked up a Pedal Commander a few weeks back when they had an awesome deal direct through their website. Got an itch last night to finally just put it in.

Probably took me 3X as long to get the wax paper off the adhesive tape to mount the dang controller than it took to actually unplug, (new) plug, zip tie, download the app, and connect. Went from 'off' to Sport Plus and that s**t scared me off the bat once I hit tapped the gas. Played with it for a while and got it to a setting I can responsibly enjoy. Fun product and, for the moment, recommend.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Not much of a photo to show (so I didn't) but picked up a Pedal Commander a few weeks back when they had an awesome deal direct through their website. Got an itch last night to finally just put it in.

Probably took me 3X as long to get the wax paper off the adhesive tape to mount the dang controller than it took to actually unplug, (new) plug, zip tie, download the app, and connect. Went from 'off' to Sport Plus and that s**t scared me off the bat once I hit tapped the gas. Played with it for a while and got it to a setting I can responsibly enjoy. Fun product and, for the moment, recommend.
@TX_Flip

I have been running the Pedal Commander on my 3.6 JL, automatic for many months now, and thousands of miles... YES, it is a real pleaser lets say... You press the gas pedal down and the JL responds quickly.... what a pleasure.

CAREFUL: Never ever, do a Pedal Commander mode change when you are actively driving.. using the gas pedal.. Do so, and you will undoubtedly go into limp mode and throw a code..

SO, with that said .. when you want to do a mode change. Come to a complete stop and then with engine running and foot off the gas pedal, do your Pedal Commander, mode change. Doing this you will never have an issue in regard to your JL and the Pedal Commander.

Oh, Mode I run with is : City, and no - or +

TX_Flip

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Yeah, when I ordered through their site, first link and tips video they sent was around warning folks to not change modes while driving (in throttle). Did enough research and heard enough horror stories and such, folks adjusting while driving and then had issues.

Right now I'm like the bottom level of Sport.

TX_Flip

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Applied a new decal to my passenger side- working on an install video for all those vent decals out there!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200812_122337

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200812_122337
Let us know when you got that video. I'm super clumsy dealing with decals/stickers, any tips welcome if I pick up a vent decal.

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
Let us know when you got that video. I'm super clumsy dealing with decals/stickers, any tips welcome if I pick up a vent decal.
No problem, I'll probably post on this thread as well as make a new one.

Trying to make it pretty comprehensive... But also learning video editing software!

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I don't know what else to do. I want this brown crap off my tires.
You need a tougher brush to really agitate it. This is my setup and it works really well, for me at least.

Brush
Degreaser diluted 1:1 or undiluted

Rince, spray degreaser, scrub thoroughly, rinse. Repeat this 2 or 3 times. Works every time.

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Thank you for sharing. They look really nice. Any ideas how much installation costs? I recall seeing the standard Kazkin leather seats on ebay for approximately $600ish with shipping. I don't want to get them and then found out installation is too expensive.
I'm not sure. They charged me $750 up front for the order, then $800ish after installation. Before you buy a set of seats, call your local installer and see what they'd charge. Katzkin's website will show you who the installers are in your area.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
(Can I post this on the “door lock snap cap” thread? I hope I don’t get in trouble.)

Anyway...Problem, stock front drive no-so-good after a sweet new suspension.

Solution, new Adams 1350. Anyone can do this in their driveway in an hour, even a FCA certified master tech.

759F4C6E-CDA4-4311-B464-5F7826D460F9.jpeg

35A5F674-FA84-4381-9B4C-B5A2B9DE4CBA.jpeg

0B5A1482-754E-44BA-A82B-A13CF4CE6980.jpeg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
(Can I post this on the “door lock snap cap” thread? I hope I don’t get in trouble.)

Anyway...Problem, stock front drive no-so-good after a sweet new suspension.

Solution, new Adams 1350. Anyone can do this in their driveway in an hour, even a FCA certified master tech.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0B5A1482-754E-44BA-A82B-A13CF4CE6980

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0B5A1482-754E-44BA-A82B-A13CF4CE6980

That stock one had at least another 20k miles left in it. :giggle:
Seriously- Adams make some great stuff...

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Technically yesterday

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 31B9EFD7-AE87-4E05-8FFB-49CB9B5A012A