What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Went on a camping trip this past weekend and really didn't like the way the jeep was loaded up to the point that I couldn't use the rearview mirror. Low and behold I logged onto LetGo yesterday and someone was selling the solution. Picked up this alluminum cargo carrier for $50.

IMG_20200819_090742.jpg

IMG_20200819_090757.jpg
@Spearmin

I have a cargo carrier like that. Mine is not quite as nice and not aluminum like yours, unfortunately..

Wanted to mention.... the cargo carrier mounted low low, on back, like that, will take a real hit, water, yuk on the road wise and such.

For a few bucks, you can get an hitch extender (if necessary) and a hitch that raises the cargo carrier up, say 8-10". Do this and your cargo will be up out of the mess a bit...

Sure it will block you from opening the tail gate but reality is, if you have anything in the cargo carrier, the tail gate hatch gets blocked anyway.

-What brand is that alum, carrier?

captnjbk

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon. 2017 Moto Guzzi V7.
Past couple weeks I noticed my steering sucked and was getting worse. For a JL, not a regular vehicle that has adequate steering.

So today I got under there and started nosing around. To make a long story short, when I had the steering box replaced the “ducking retards” at the dealership didn’t tighten the pitman arm nut at all. After I took the Synergy waste of $200 off I was able to turn the nut two turns with my hand and it came off. Mind you the torque spec is something like 140# on this. This makes my Jeep a perfect record for then, in that everything they’ve touched on my Jeep turned into a cluster duck. 100%.

Anyway, between half a bottle of red loctite and the Fuel impact, that mother ducker is not coming off again.

F5F9D733-BD40-4913-B416-0849C8BF1E4E.jpeg
OK? WAIT? I don't have that grease fitting on my JL?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
@Spearmin

I have a cargo carrier like that. Mine is not quite as nice and not aluminum like yours, unfortunately..

Wanted to mention.... the cargo carrier mounted low low, on back, like that, will take a real hit, water, yuk on the road wise and such.

For a few bucks, you can get an hitch extender (if necessary) and a hitch that raises the cargo carrier up, say 8-10". Do this and your cargo will be up out of the mess a bit...

Sure it will block you from opening the tail gate but reality is, if you have anything in the cargo carrier, the tail gate hatch gets blocked anyway.

-What brand is that alum, carrier?
Its made by Haul Master, and thanks for the advice I will look into to an extender that will raise it up a bit. Gotta admit I don't like it down there so low either.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Its made by Haul Master, and thanks for the advice I will look into to an extender that will raise it up a bit. Gotta admit I don't like it down there so low either.
Actually do you have any links/suggestion on extenders. I did some searching but it didn't come back with what I expected. I'm probably using the wrong search term since I don't know what these things (with a bend in it) would be called.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Finally got the top and doors off, installed Tube Doors this weekend. Ceramic coating all the Soft top parts and hope to get that done and installed this weekend. Had put the Sunrider on the wife's Sahara.

Note to anyne building the door carts with the PVC pipe off the directions here, make the dimension about 1.5" wider, they had it at like 6", doors wont seat all the way down to the bottom, middle doors are pinched because of the arm rest. Would like to dope slap whomever posted the instructions.
Dont make the same mistake. Instuctions and dimensions for the HT were fine.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1560.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1561.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1270.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1271.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1272.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1273.JPG

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
@aldo98229

In regard to the Weather Alerts.... You can easily stop them with your Tazer JL Mini... but when you stop the Weather Alerts, you also disable other stuff, that you might just not want to lose. i.e. XM traffic and all Travel Link stuff..

Anyway, with the Tazer JL Mini, just disable TravelLink/XM traffic and weather (non-live feature)

A feature you should consider enabling:
-Enable/disable Fog Light Dropout (when fogs shut off while high beams are on)
Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I don’t care for the entire TravelLink suite; it’s totally useless as far as I’m concerned. So it won’t be missed.

Where on the menu do I find TravelLink? I don’t recall coming across it last night as I scrolled through all the Tazer Mini items.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
@aldo98229

Yup, hood lift struts are a terrific addition to the JL... You will enjoy them!

By the way,

For the struts (any brand) to self lubricate, you install the struts the opposite way of what you have them. Installed as you have them, they will not self lubricate and that is not good..

Also, it does not appear that your installed hood lift offering, has quick release disconnects on the struts. 8-(

You might want to consider adding quick release disconnects.. No quick release disconnects means you or your mechanic will have to pry off the strut connectors each time you want to flip back the hood so you can get in there and work. After a few pries off, the connectors usually become unusable/ broken.

You can buy top notch, quality, quick release disconnects that will probably work with your struts. Go here:
https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/72-00008.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those interested in purchasing hood lift struts, consider Redline Tuning's offering..

Most here on the forum, that have hood lift struts went with Redline Tuning, Jeep Wrangler JL Hood QuickLIFT PLUS - Bolt-in System.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...d-struts-5-minute-bolt-in-installation.47632/

@Redline Tuning is a forum sponsor. Thanks for that Redline Tuning!

Redline Tuning's website:
https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

To purchase Redline Tuning, Jeep Wrangler JL Hood QuickLIFT PLUS - Bolt-in System, at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SPPXYGY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
@Redline Tuning
After checking out this post by @Rhinebeck01, I just bought the Elite. Thanks for the suggestion and thanks for the free shipping.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I don’t care for the entire TravelLink suite; it’s totally useless as far as I’m concerned. So it won’t be missed.

Where on the menu do I find TravelLink? I don’t recall coming across it last night as I scrolled through all the Tazer Mini items.
@aldo98229

It's just before where you enable Off Road Pages..

Submenu Radio:radio-based options•

Set Backup Camera: If factory backup camera is deleted, this setting will disable it.• Set Cargo Cam: This will enable the “cargo cam” selector on the “controls” screen. Useful for front cameras.• Set DVD_CD: This setting adds the CD input on the UAQ radio, for use as an aux input, particularly useful if adding a media player or DVD player.• Set Travel Link: This setting adds the ability to disable SiriusXM Travel Link, which turns off the weather pop-ups. Also disables SiriusXM Traffic information. • Offroad Pages: Activate the EVIC Offroad Pages after upgrading to an 8.4” radio.

Here's the Tazer JL Mini instructions:
https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1121.pdf

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Rhinebeck01 , since you are so into small mods and gadgets, I would recommend you to another $20 mods, pedal cover kit. They fit like gloves, and definitely increase grips. They look so nice even someone absolutely hate chrome like me can actually enjoy them.

20200811_185333.jpg
Well, I took your advice and installed the same brand pedal covers that you installed.. To be honest I did not know if I would like them... BUT, geeeeez, was I very pleasantly surprised.

The pedal covers fit like a glove and the stainless look they have plays very well with the silver color on the door, E-Brake handle, etc.. They look very good on my JL.

Anyway, THANKS for recommending them to me, @plex !

For anyone interested in pedal covers, here is the one's Plex and I installed.. Yes, guess they are manufacturer in China but....

https://www.amazon.com/AutoBig-Brake-Pedal-Wrangler-Gladiator/dp/B07VWFJXL6/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=autobig,+

My picture of them, does them no justice...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? pedalcovers