Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
put in a 12k travelerwinch and full barricade hd front bumper!!! Solo.....my back is killing me.
definitely do feel some weight in the front now. I wonder if a Stella rear bumper would even it out?

ED719753-BE42-4ED3-A3BA-BAADF8D539AD.jpeg

622858C2-B4C5-4CD2-A385-F48F750E7AEA.jpeg

3C442AC5-654D-45E2-9595-42C3054AAA2E.jpeg
Oh man—That looks like a job for sure! Great job getting it all on! A rear bumper would help with some of that I’d think. Maybe give your back a small break first.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I think I had previously decided the UPR catch can was better, do you mind giving your thoughts comparing the two once you’ve installed?
The install on the UPR was much easier (though the Mishimoto is not hard at all, but for comparisons sake it was simpler for the UPR). I like the hoses better on the UPR with quick connects on all ends. The Mishis has the quick connect just on the engine side, the can side is held on with clamps. I like the central location more, but that's personal preference. My uncle chose the Mishi for the location because he thinks there will be less issues with compatibility after he installs a supercharger. I did contact UPR and they said might need to find different location if I install a SC, but they will work on the hosing for me if it needs to be longer.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Just tied up a few projects.

KC Cyclone under hood lights.

Switch-Pro SP-9100 Switch panel, mounted to firewall (slightly modified mount), with A-Pillar controller mount.

Midland MXT400 GMRS on a modified CMM mount and two additional USB ports under the glove box.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3348
Where did you end up putting your antenna for the GMRS radio?

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
@aldo98229
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those interested in purchasing hood lift struts, consider Redline Tuning's offering..

Most here on the forum, that have hood lift struts went with Redline Tuning, Jeep Wrangler JL Hood QuickLIFT PLUS - Bolt-in System.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...d-struts-5-minute-bolt-in-installation.47632/

@Redline Tuning is a forum sponsor. Thanks for that Redline Tuning!

Redline Tuning's website:
https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

To purchase Redline Tuning, Jeep Wrangler JL Hood QuickLIFT PLUS - Bolt-in System, at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SPPXYGY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you for the links. Just ordered some!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So how does this work with the Rubicon? Did you take out your sway bar disconnect motor? Is it more flex?
Curious about this too. I've heard of them being installed on the rear of built up Rubicons, when after all else has been done and the sway bar is limiting flex. With the front motor disconnected, it's the links themselves that could bind and hamper flex. A set of RK no limits would fix that.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200813_083809

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up the JL yesterday from the dealer. Today I picked up a rubicon takeoff front bumper to replace my sport bumper but was unsuccessful after I fully removed the bumper and took out the fog lamps and realized the mounts are different. Needless to say I learned my lesson and should have researched more. Anyways, I guess I am now in the market for some LEDs and a tazer, but I did remove the eurobumper which was really my main goal.

I also installed Rubicon rock rails.
Both the led and halogen fogs can come from the factory with 1 of 2 available mounting adapter plates. You simply need the plate that mounts an led fog to the steel bumper, to replace the led to plastic one you have now.

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
@aldo98229

Yup, hood lift struts are a terrific addition to the JL... You will enjoy them!

By the way,

For the struts (any brand) to self lubricate, you install the struts the opposite way of what you have them. Installed as you have them, they will not self lubricate and that is not good..

Also, it does not appear that your installed hood lift offering, has quick release disconnects on the struts. 8-(

You might want to consider adding quick release disconnects.. No quick release disconnects means you or your mechanic will have to pry off the strut connectors each time you want to flip back the hood so you can get in there and work. After a few pries off, the connectors usually become unusable/ broken.

You can buy top notch, quality, quick release disconnects that will probably work with your struts. Go here:
https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/72-00008.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those interested in purchasing hood lift struts, consider Redline Tuning's offering..

Most here on the forum, that have hood lift struts went with Redline Tuning, Jeep Wrangler JL Hood QuickLIFT PLUS - Bolt-in System.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...d-struts-5-minute-bolt-in-installation.47632/

@Redline Tuning is a forum sponsor. Thanks for that Redline Tuning!

Redline Tuning's website:
https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

To purchase Redline Tuning, Jeep Wrangler JL Hood QuickLIFT PLUS - Bolt-in System, at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SPPXYGY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That's a good point about being able to flip the hood back all the way--access is so much better. Being new to the Wrangler world this hadn't occurred to me until I watched a how-to video last month. Only thing is, it looks like it would be paint against paint if I just lay it back against the edge of the windshield-any tips to keep it from scratching? I think I would just throw a rag in between.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up some flashlight holder mounts from quadratec. They clip into the metal seat rails and hold anything around 1.5" diameter. Since my element 50 fire extinguishers are 1.25 i ended up just wrapping some electrical tape around them. Also still has room JKinnovations 4 corner air setup. Its not the prettiest but it is quick to get to the extinguishers. Have one on both sides

s8MaQlR.jpg

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Installed a set of LOD Destroyer rock sliders.

Added finishing touches to the Frontrunner tailgate table with a custom Curly Maple Cutting Board.

Installed a dash camera and 67 designs rail system.

Added some tape to the freedom panels to finally fix a rattle that sounds like it comes from the center dash.

Finally, relaxed some...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200817_150642

Dude do you thing you can do quick 3 month review on the front runner. Looking for some honest reviews before I pull the trigger. That board looks nice, some of the Amazon reviews say that the board that comes with it is crapola.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Dude do you thing you can do quick 3 month review on the front runner. Looking for some honest reviews before I pull the trigger. That board looks nice, some of the Amazon reviews say that the board that comes with it is crapola.
Sure,

Cut to the Chase Result:
It's a good system and I'd reccomend it as long as your willing to drill out a metal mounting hole during install.

More Detailed Observations:
The frontrunner is a good solution, but it, like many things, can be made better with some personal effort. Changes I've replicated on both my tables (2 jeeps).

The Cons/Improvements:
----------------------------
The table is just large enough to fit my Camp Chef Everest Dual Burner Stove, but the metal is slick. So, I had to add some flat rubber "grip" feet to the stove to keep it in one spot. Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind. If the table was a bit (1") deeper, then it would fit perfect. I'm eventually making a full camp kitchen pull out, so fighting for room won't be an issue anymore.

The included pull out portion is... well, yes crap. Some aren't bothered by it, but for the price they could do better. Both my tables came with nothing more than cheap plywood... really cheap plywood. I use this portion as a cutting board, so I wanted quality and food safe materials. The solution, for me, was to custom make my own pull out piece. The Maple has held up well and I treat it ever 4 months or so.

The install is easy enough save the bottom holes for the bolts on the metal table. One of these holes will NOT line up with the mounting points on the tailgate by default. Both my tables were about a holes worth apart. It would really do Frontrunner some good to update their template so that the pre-drilled holes on the table are 2-3 times wider than they need to be. This would allow you to move the table left or right to get the alignment needed for your vehicle. The fix for this has been to drill out whichever hole is most convenient. Not a big deal, but again it's a hassle that I think they could do better to solve for the customer considering the price. Just doesn't seem right to have to drill a brand new product that's supposed to be bolt-on.

The Pros:
----------------------------
The table is quiet. I've never once heard a rattle from it.

The table is secure, the latching mechanism keeps things tight (see pro point above) and nothing has loosened up on either of my tables. My first one having been installed for 1yr plus.

The Table does support some weight. I've had more than what I would have guessed it to support at times with tools and parts thrown on-top during install projects. I wouldn't reccomend trusting it to hold anything easily breakable that's above 40lbs, but for your avg table use it excels. Once opened it provides a sturdy working surface.

Hope this helps.
I think some others on the forum have put in their short reviews as well. I don't have the links, but it's worth the time invested if you haven't searched for them already.

ERP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla P85D, BMW M4 Convertible, Lotus Elise Track Car, 20' JLUR
Occupation
New Product & Automation Engineer
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Bronze Jee

I painted the front and rear tow hooks, trail rated badge and Jeep letters with a metallic bronze spray paint. The Rubicon lettering is black and bronze, purchased from Amazon, and the original yellow turn signals were replaced with smoked ones. The only thing left are some bronze wheels.

Removing the Jeep letters with dental floss wasn't bad, but cleaning off the double sided tape and cutting new double sided tape for the old letters was a huge pain. I would recommend purchasing new letters and painting those.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Bronze Jeep Pre