2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
@rustyshakelford installed these for me:

1. @Metalcloak tie-rod, drag link, and trackbar

2. Mopar longer lower control arms

3. Synergy Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace

4. Reinstalled my Fox steering stabilizer and Synergy relocation kit

5. Performed an alignment

The steering feels very different (nice and firm) and does not wander like it did previously. Caster increased to 6.4° (left) and 6.3° (right); we did not check it prior to replacing them, but I would guess it was 4.5 to 5.

My Rubicon is not lifted so the longer arms likely made more of a difference versus a lifted Jeep @rustyshakelford keep me honest here.

Thanks to @Roky, the bushing in the Synergy sector shaft brace has a set screw and is red loctited in. We used Mystik grease with 3% moly for all components, but the jury is still out on the Synergy brace. I turned really sharp once tonight and heard a bit of groaning so time will tell. If it does the typical things that others have posted, I will cut the ears off and simply use it as a brace like the JK models.

If anyone needs seriously quality work done, contact @rustyshakelford; his work and ethics are unbeatable.

JLUCQ

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Bath day and got the Jeep more naked than last time. It’s getting less and less shy. I can’t wait to get my soft top next summer!

No rain for a few days so I’m going to go to work tomorrow with the doors off. I hope I don’t regret it. Oh and take the kids for ice cream tonight. lol they are dieing to go for a ride with no doors. I’m sketchy with both of them in the back so I’m going to have my daughter ride up front with me cause she is old enough and have my wife ride in the back with my son. Am I being too overprotective?

Can I just say. Best truck I ever owned. I feel like I’m cheating on the Tahoe even thought it’s my wife’s daily driver we have always owned one and it’s been the truck I take care of the most.
A91D28C1-188A-47C8-B90E-0DA738F4E487.jpeg
Probably a little different if your kids are older but I go roof off, front doors off, back doors on with my 1 year old in a rear facing car seat. I don't really go on the highway if she's with me either.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my Cascadia front license plate bracket. Hated that I had to do it, but in California no front license plate is a ticket and a reason to be pulled over. It is a good product however. Note: if you use an Ultra Hook with a rope guard, use the spacer designed for the roller fairlead or the plate will sit at an upward angle.

IMG_20200811_171939.jpg

IMG_20200811_171932.jpg

pookiebb

First Name
Lynne
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Dart, to be turned in when my 2021 JLU gets here
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

In regard to the caps... The 3D Caps for the Door Locks that I mentioned the other day have been designed, 3D printed (using ABS) and are on the way across the USA to me in New York, via USPS. I should have them by the end of the week.

I will install right away, and if they are as terrific as I expect/have been led to believe, well, I will let the 3D print guy know and then he will be making them available right away to all here that want a set..

As I mentioned, no profit motivation by the guy, 3D printing them. A fellow JL owner that is doing us all a solid, lets say.

By the way, did you ever look real close at the chrome door locks that we will be covering... Well, the diameter of the ones on the door are a different diameter then the one on the tail gate. Also, if you look real close you will notice that the tail gate one, is actually thinner then the ones on the doors...

With that said, the 3D printer guy /designer, had his work cut out for him in regard to measuring, design and such..

I have to give him credit.. Rather then coming up with a cap / 3D printing a cap, that one size fits all loosely, and you have to use double tape them on to get them to stay on, he professionally, designed caps that fit each lock very tightly.. so tightly you really do not need to use double sided tape....

I do plan to use double sided tape though .. I'll use double sided tape as a tad extra bit of security, as to not see the caps(s) blowing off and ending up in Brazil or somewhere else. 8-)

Here is a cut a way pic the printer sent me.... it shows a cut away / half of the cap that will be sent to me. Notice the way it fits/ conforms... real tight..
12345.png

So, I just wanted to let all that expressed interest, that the custom cap(s) is a reality.

Will be available soon. Just need another opinion on them, to find tune the mailing of same and then a link will go up where you can get them.

I want to thank the 3D printer guy, once again. He really isn't going to make money on these. When you see what he is charging you will understand what I am saying and why I'm thanking him.
I think I'm interested as well, if you can add me to your list!

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 4D JLU Hellayella
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

In regard to the caps... The 3D Caps for the Door Locks that I mentioned the other day have been designed, 3D printed (using ABS) and are on the way across the USA to me in New York, via USPS. I should have them by the end of the week.

I will install right away, and if they are as terrific as I expect/have been led to believe, well, I will let the 3D print guy know and then he will be making them available right away to all here that want a set..

As I mentioned, no profit motivation by the guy, 3D printing them. A fellow JL owner that is doing us all a solid, lets say.

By the way, did you ever look real close at the chrome door locks that we will be covering... Well, the diameter of the ones on the door are a different diameter then the one on the tail gate. Also, if you look real close you will notice that the tail gate one, is actually thinner then the ones on the doors...

With that said, the 3D printer guy /designer, had his work cut out for him in regard to measuring, design and such..

I have to give him credit.. Rather then coming up with a cap / 3D printing a cap, that one size fits all loosely, and you have to use double tape them on to get them to stay on, he professionally, designed caps that fit each lock very tightly.. so tightly you really do not need to use double sided tape....

I do plan to use double sided tape though .. I'll use double sided tape as a tad extra bit of security, as to not see the caps(s) blowing off and ending up in Brazil or somewhere else. 8-)

Here is a cut a way pic the printer sent me.... it shows a cut away / half of the cap that will be sent to me. Notice the way it fits/ conforms... real tight..
12345.png

So, I just wanted to let all that expressed interest, that the custom cap(s) is a reality.

Will be available soon. Just need another opinion on them, to find tune the mailing of same and then a link will go up where you can get them.

I want to thank the 3D printer guy, once again. He really isn't going to make money on these. When you see what he is charging you will understand what I am saying and why I'm thanking him.
i'm in for an order when available

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 4D JLU Hellayella
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
While working from home and watching TV, I saw the commercial for Leaf Guard and rain gutters, so I gave them a call for my Jeep, hoping to get my Senior Discount, but I went with Truck Master Design instead. Easy 5 min. install, working great down here in Florida where it has rained 19 out of the 21 Days.

Rain Rail.jpg

jimim

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Probably a little different if your kids are older but I go roof off, front doors off, back doors on with my 1 year old in a rear facing car seat. I don't really go on the highway if she's with me either.
Highway scares me still. Lol last night we went for ice cream and man my son was loving life in the back. Still talking about it today. We were suppose to be leaving for topsail beach tomorrow but that isn’t happening now. He would have had a blast on the sand to go fish the south inlet. I would have too. Next year.

timize

First Name
Timothy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
Installed the Rugged Ridge Max Terrains. Took about 4 hours. Did not realize how much of a pain it would be to disassemble stock fenders. If you are thinking about buying a set of these, I would also recommend not cutting/reusing the stock inner fender liners because coverage sucks and it looks just plain awful.

But overall, I like them a lot.

3518BBCE-D427-4D53-9F16-DA4E72398867.jpeg

Barely Krawlified

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Today, I installed the JL PowerPort Kit from CoolTechLLC. It’s a fuse relay/harness that allows for the in-cab 12V cigarette lighter to be always “hot” allowing the ability to charge/power various devices even while the Jeep’s ignition is off.

I’m a self-admitted moron when it comes to electrical stuff and even I was able to complete this mod in under 10 minutes. It’s available at: https://www.cooltechllc.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl/111-jl-powerport-kit.html

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Just ordered some Fox Shox 2.0's as I want to get away from the extensions I am using now.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Borla climber touring installed. 17 pounds lighter than stock. It’s very quiet, hopefully it gets louder after some miles
I've had mine for about 2000 miles. It will get a bit louder with time but not much.

I think it's perfect.

Tri-City Jeep