What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
How did you paint them? Any steps involved would be great.
Pretty easy and fail-safe. I used an alcohol wipe down to clean and remove hand oils and residue. Then did three coats of SEM XXX adhesion promoter (I was 50/50 on SEM vs plastic primer, and chose SEM - we’ll see if it was a good decision). First coat was a light sweeping flash coat that I let sit for 5 minutes, then another light sweeping coat that I let dry more for 15 minutes. The third coat was a “wet” coat - Basically went over it twice In a row with long sweeping coats to create a glossier “wet” look and finish (be careful not to go too slow that you create any runs). Then let it dry for 2 hours or so. Then, used Mopar Ocean Blue spray paint - it coats very nicely. Did two Light sweeping coats about 5-10 minutes apart, and then a third coat using that “wet” approach. Then, let it dry for 3-4 more hours. Then used a high heat clear coat spray I got at AutoZone and did two light coats 5-10 minutes apart, followed by a final “wet” coat (using process above). Now it’s drying for 24 hours and done - time to install!

I’m no pro at all - I’ve become a pretty good amateur spray paint mod guy. The biggest thing I’ve learned is to start spraying off the part and then do one long sweeping spray across the entire product finishing a foot off the product before you let off the trigger. Rinse and repeat :)

adamk

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Rugged Ridge 4-pin trailer wiring harness, and then proceeded to tow my first trailer. Luckily I got the wiring right the first time, as U-haul checked everything prior to letting me roll off the lot.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Tow 2

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Trigger Accessory Controller system this afternoon. In my opinion, it's a better alternative to the Mopar Auxiliary Switch kit for the JL. It's RF Wireless and Bluetooth. It works like a charm with the iPhone App (I'll test the Android version as well because I go back-and-forth). The kit was very easy to install. Here is a link to the website: www.triggercontroller.com

Pictures:

1. Overhead mount (the actual switch is held with a magnet and can be handheld like a remote).
2. Switch Hub mounted in the engine compartment (this is very slick).
3. The Trigger Switch is connected to ARB Dual Air Compressor, Rough Country 50" LED light on the hood (shield id partially pulled to the side), and, RIGID 7" LED lights on the front bumper.

I also swapped out the OEM Differential Covers for MOTOBILT version. Much more sturdy.

My decal collection is accumulating at a rapid pace with modifications.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200623_152611048~3

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200623_152611048~3

The trigger is on my list of list of future mods. It looks great on your Jeep. I really like them. How did you get your lights on the switches to light up? I thought you had to wire them to the mirror power or something like that.

DanNH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I painted my Truck Master Designs JL rain gutters Mopar Ocean Blue to match my JLUR and then added clear coat. Will install tomorrow and hopefully no more waterfall onto my lights switches and across my leg when I open the door during a rain shower!
(red pic just for reference)
That’s cool. I’d like to know what you think of them after the install is done and you take it out for a couple of rides

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Installed an additional brace for my Powertank mount. It was really minor, but I'm really impressed by the service from PT. They just sent this to all of the customers who had bought the mount because they had some reports of rattling from some of their customers (I didn't have this problem personally). They didn't wait for me to complain, they just sent it out at their cost, proactively. Really, really good customer service.

Oh, it did come in unfinished aluminum, so I spray painted it black to blend in better.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG-2442

Leftwork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had enough miles on the OEM tires to scrap them and not feel guilty, so I installed new 35/12.5/18 BFG A/T's. No lift, just a front leveling kit. looks and rides great!
Looks great! So 35’s with no lift??? Do you ever get rub?

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
The trigger is on my list of list of future mods. It looks great on your Jeep. I really like them. How did you get your lights on the switches to light up? I thought you had to wire them to the mirror power or something like that.
The overhead mount that holds the actual auxiliary switches splices into the mirror power wire, and the switch accessory hub in the engine compartment connects to the battery. So, ultimately, everything draws from the main battery. The switch has a small Independant battery as well. The switches will light up as long as there is a charge.

The Trigger configuration I have is currently four, but expandable to eight (I think). I may look at connecting a refrigerator, but may leave it available for variable options.

By the way... And, this reminds me... One of my next primary modifications will be a solar battery charging solution. I’m investigating hood mounts and roof rack options. I’ve just ordered an Exposed Rack system that FINALLY gives us JL drivers a roof rack that works with tops off.

Leftwork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
A follow up to my previous post regarding swapping out my Sport S dash panels for the Rubicon dash panels. Got it done this afternoon. I like the red against all the dark colors of the interior. Here's before and after.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 10CE4C6E-D53C-4516-A049-C9E44F51D3C8

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 10CE4C6E-D53C-4516-A049-C9E44F51D3C8
Love it! How was the install.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
You can remove the door frames and see more of that glorious Punk’n. The top will still go up in safari mode with them off.
As soon as it fits in my garage that’s a great idea.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Done. Primer... Paint... Clear Coat... Installed! Now, I just need some rain to test them out!

Truck Master Designs JL rain gutters
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200703_183607
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200704_114105