Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I put on the Steersmart Yeti HD adjustable track bar. Now to do the drag link, and 1 1/2 ton tie rods, and steer box/track bar brace and steering stabilizer shock and mounts.

It kind of hurts pulling off parts that are not worn out, but it is part of the process to help bullet proof the Jeep.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Mopar Satin Grille in today. Honestly don’t know how it came in one piece.
E88E9C9E-1CB7-4971-8B5A-143530A702CE.jpeg
I'd love to change out my grill to the satin black, looks great. Unfortunately, Jeep, in their ultimate wisdom decided to make it more difficult for Sport model owners by adding the need to replace the molding around the grill. And of course it comes unpainted.... Good thinking Jeep!

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Had to put the doors on. ☹ It rained here today. Tomorrow my 67 Designs phone rail system is coming so I will be installing that.

5B8D2816-7757-46FE-9081-B4F7612FF46F.jpeg
Did I miss something? Is that a tan top? Can you order that?

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Custom decal

0C619D4C-51FD-4D25-AC81-34D1A43EC13C.jpeg

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Added a Rugged Ridge front bumper and a Runva 11,000 lb winch.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200622_135916
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200622_135907

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Just finished installing the Warn Elite front bumper w/skid and Zeon 10-S winch. (Well, not quite finished as still have to route wiring and install synthetic rope) I really like the quality and style of the Warn Elite bumpers (rear bumper goes on later this week) but due to my OCD, this was a bear of an install. The LED fog lights that come with the plastic bumper (Jeep has three types types of fog lights on JL's) do not fit the Warn fog light brackets very well. I did eventually get them level (instead of rotated 20 degrees) and centered within the pockets but it required taking a Dremel to the brackets as well as shimming the brackets (see pictures below) for proper fitment. I used low profile stainless button head screws (10-32 x 3/4 inch, requires running a 3/16 drill bit through the small holes in the plastic mounting tabs) as this allowed the LED's to sit a bit more forward in the pockets and also created a solid mount. Warn really needs a new bracket for the LED's that come with the plastic bumper group...

Although I did this install by myself (so glad I actually use my gym membership!) I would have asked someone for help but did not want to bother anyone over Fathers day weekend, especially in Arizona's late afternoon heat... To insure the bumper would be level and square, I briefly installed the bumper, checked fitment and then removed it to properly fit shims as needed. (Ordered a box of various thickness stainless 2"x2" shims) The end result was worth the effort as the Warn now sits solid, square and level, each side within about 1/16" (+ -) of fixed body points.

The Zeon winch was easy to bolt up but is a really tight fit! Will finish wiring and install synthetic rope after I pick up Warn's power interrupt kit and wire it into one of the Aux switches.

Now that damm skid plate, what a PITA! I ordered from Jeep the OEM metal skid plate brackets, factory nutserts along with the bolts prior to the install. (Forget the bolts that attach the skid plate brackets & Warn winch brackets to the nutserts as they are too short with the additional thickness of the Warn winch brackets but the two bolts that attach the skid plate to the bracket work great)
It was easy to start the two bolts in OEM skid plate bracket to hold the skid plate and the center bolt/nut with access from the 'W' cutout wasn't too bad, even the two outside ones were not that bad...But those other two were a bitch, with a capital B! I know some guys just leave out these two but my OCD would never allow that...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1595

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1597
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1625
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1609

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1626

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I did a double-take on this one. The overexposed top makes it look tan!
Hi, it actually is tan. I got the Sarge Green color then had a local body shop paint the black hard top tan. I went with the Sahara Tan from a few years ago but now I wish I had gone with Gobi from the Gladiator.