Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So...these little frickin birds have been crappin all over the cars in the neighborhood and pecking at the mirrors. The nextdoor neighbor has a car that's pretty new and one of these damn birds chipped the mirror. Mine are getting scratched up. Everyone is folding in their mirrors around here and some are covering them. These little pricks chase off dove and raid nests to drive other birds out. They make a loud screechy chirp and I'm tired of it. All the neighbors are tired of it. They are called House Wrens.

So, about half a bottle thru a great Napa Cab, it struck me: I needed a "scarecrow". Or in my case, a scare-wren. I figured, since we have a lot of red-tail hawks around here, that should work. Of course the internet was the first place to go. I saw the usual foam and plastic owls, and even a small foam hawk with its wings spread to look like it was flying. But I wanted something full size that would scare the bigger birds like crows away. They crap all over our cars too.

Another half a bottle of cab and I had an idea to cut out a hawk from a sheet of 1/4" door skin plywood that's been laying in garage for a few years. I drew the hawk up freehand from some web pix and cut it out yesterday. Later, my wife brought out her acrylics and painted it up.

Now I need to find a good place to hang it. If it works, I may make some more.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8C26F8F5-07FD-4D96-8C8E-B8FD91B03189
Good work there, looks like a hawk to me.

Makosdad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Ocean Blue
Redline Tuning hod struts installed . . . easy install, about 15 min, only thing needed is a 10mm socket. The one thing missing from instructions is there is a small piece of trim that has a plastic anchor in the way that you need to remove and reinstall using a trim removal tool. Didn't remove the original yet, but will do that too. Works, lifts and holds great.

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_4150.jpeg

IMG_5005.jpeg

IMG_7601.jpeg

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
So...these little frickin birds have been crappin all over the cars in the neighborhood and pecking at the mirrors. The nextdoor neighbor has a car that's pretty new and one of these damn birds chipped the mirror. Mine are getting scratched up. Everyone is folding in their mirrors around here and some are covering them. These little pricks chase off dove and raid nests to drive other birds out. They make a loud screechy chirp and I'm tired of it. All the neighbors are tired of it. They are called House Wrens.

So, about half a bottle thru a great Napa Cab, it struck me: I needed a "scarecrow". Or in my case, a scare-wren. I figured, since we have a lot of red-tail hawks around here, that should work. Of course the internet was the first place to go. I saw the usual foam and plastic owls, and even a small foam hawk with its wings spread to look like it was flying. But I wanted something full size that would scare the bigger birds like crows away. They crap all over our cars too.

Another half a bottle of cab and I had an idea to cut out a hawk from a sheet of 1/4" door skin plywood that's been laying in garage for a few years. I drew the hawk up freehand from some web pix and cut it out yesterday. Later, my wife brought out her acrylics and painted it up.

Now I need to find a good place to hang it. If it works, I may make some more.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200516_180320
Like we need more pricks in California! I hope they don't fly North!

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I previously had 1/4" hollow rubber between the body and fenders. Based on suggestions made on our forum I purchased 3/8" solid rubber. So I took off the 1/4" on the drivers side and left the 1/4" on the passenger side. I will monitor both sides to see what works best. An old guy doing a science experiment. LOL

Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392, 2024 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Added a hatch to the rear deck so I don't have to pull out a bunch of gear to get access to the storage cubby. Had no idea the rear deck is literally made of cardboard.

20200516_170452_copy_600x800.jpg

20200517_163818_copy_800x600.jpg

20200517_163806_copy_800x600.jpg

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
I previously had 1/4" hollow rubber between the body and fenders. Based on suggestions made on our forum I purchased 3/8" solid rubber. So I took off the 1/4" on the drivers side and left the 1/4" on the passenger side. I will monitor both sides to see what works best. An old guy doing a science experiment. LOL
I also did the same thing but I thought the 3/8 was to big so I put in 1/4 inch solid I think that 1/4 is the best fit