LearRigh

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2020 JLUS w/ one-touch top
Occupation
Logistician
I'll Cross post. Over the last few days I painted the base plate to match my Jeep color of my Rugged Ridge Snorkel. I am not the 1st to do it. Other people and Quadratic were my inspiration to do it. I think it came out pretty good.

Prime.jpg
IMG_0911.jpg
Looks great! I'm planning on doing the same in Sting Gray if mine will ever get here :headbang:
Any issues or extra steps? I'm assuming it's just tape, primer, color matched paint, and maybe clear-coat?

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Looks great! I'm planning on doing the same in Sting Gray if mine will ever get here :headbang:
Any issues or extra steps? I'm assuming it's just tape, primer, color matched paint, and maybe clear-coat?
Pretty much. I sanded the texture off the part first. Used 120 regular sand paper for that, before switching to more finer paper to get it nice and smooth. I made sure to paint the side edges of the part as we have extreme panel gaps. :) I also painted the flat part a 1/4" that tucks under the cowl plate in front of windshield. This is where I screwed up, should have gone for more coverage. I got a picture, here:

not enough paint.jpg

Other than that, straight forward. Sand, prime few coats, sand, paint a few coats, sand, clear coat, then I did rubbing compound and wax. A member here recommended the paint kit from this site (You can find the Mopar paints cheaper, but I liked that I could get everything in 1 kit here): https://touchupdirect.com/

The part has a slight orange peel texture to it now, but looks great in person. Not bad for rattle cans on the lawn. :)

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solutions Architect

BbyGrlJJ

First Name
~JJ~
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
IT Technical Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
We turned one of our Jeeps into a Mother’s Day gift/puzzle! :) @BbyGrlJJ
EF2AAC5B-DBE1-4556-90C0-23FA89690D00.jpeg
Yes!! This was one of the best Mothers Day gifts.. And they also got me some Rock Lights :clap:
Here is the final product... it's in sun so the picture doesn't do it justice :)
IMG_4855.jpg

Jo's Jeep

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Lexus IS300 (Black) R.I.P. Taken out by a drunk driver in front of my house 7 Feb 2020 Saved the Jeep though!, 2008 Dodge Challenger ( Hemi Orange Pearl), 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide (Amber Whiskey), 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Ocean Blue)
FWIW, both my vehicles are on trickle chargers just cuz of this crap.
Does the trickle work for both batteries or just the main? I have battery tenders on my motorcycle and challenger.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Does the trickle work for both batteries or just the main? I have battery tenders on my motorcycle and challenger.
It seems to work it's way thru the whole system cuz ESS works when I take her out on the rare occasion. It was NOT working when I had let her sit without the charger.

Jo's Jeep

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Lexus IS300 (Black) R.I.P. Taken out by a drunk driver in front of my house 7 Feb 2020 Saved the Jeep though!, 2008 Dodge Challenger ( Hemi Orange Pearl), 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide (Amber Whiskey), 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Ocean Blue)
It seems to work it's way thru the whole system cuz ESS works when I take her out on the rare occasion. It was NOT working when I had let her sit without the charger.
Ok, thanks. Time to get another quick disconnect pigtail...

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
I was literally "fixed" by military doctors. Bag of frozen peas helped though...
Fire Burns.., great looking bumper and hoop.., looks like the AEV JK style.., didn't see it referenced in your sig.., can you advise what make/mod that is?
I was literally "fixed" by military doctors. Bag of frozen peas helped though...
Fire Burns, great looking bumper and bull bar set up. Looks like the AEV style for the JK's. Can you advise what make/mod that is? Sorry to ask, but didn't see it on your profile or sig.
Geez, with a handle like Fire Burns.., hard to believe you are rockin' a red sled... (good looking rig for sure).

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Fire Burns.., great looking bumper and hoop.., looks like the AEV JK style.., didn't see it referenced in your sig.., can you advise what make/mod that is?

Fire Burns, great looking bumper and bull bar set up. Looks like the AEV style for the JK's. Can you advise what make/mod that is? Sorry to ask, but didn't see it on your profile or sig.
Geez, with a handle like Fire Burns.., hard to believe you are rockin' a red sled... (good looking rig for sure).
Stock steel Rubicon bumper with ends removed. Bull bar is @Maximus-3 SLP Hoop. Rock solid! https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jl-slp-hoop#/

Gibson Leatherworks