SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Well got the axle swap started, got it all bolted up and in, just tie rod and drag link to finish up tomorrow. Definitely a hot day and exhausting lol.

7ACD985A-31AE-4111-BF62-CE0479D07829.jpeg

F686D4B5-80B5-49BD-9BC3-DC92EBEF08DD.jpeg

1A3F3A15-AE78-4BA1-B1DF-B1EF7C759645.jpeg

C9B5C685-629B-4C76-AB19-98FF55787948.jpeg
This is next on my list if Corona ever sorts itself out.

Do you have a build thread Erik? What ratio did you go with? How big of a pain is it to move the axle around by yourself? I'm kinda dreading that part.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Installed dead pedal ... wow... I don’t know what level of hell is reserved for how you have to contort to get to those bolts but I’m glad it’s over. I do really enjoy it now that it’s installed though.
I did make and post a video on how to do it fairly quickly and easily. I will repost and hopefully it helps someone.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Give him a can of WD40 and he can fix all brake squeaks for you ;)
Reminds me of back in the day when I was the parts inventory guy at the highest volume Toyota dealership in the northeast. There were 2 guys in the prep department who were wanting to become entry level techs in the service dept. They would do easy stuff part time while schooling. Guy 1 started on a monday and guy 2 would start on the following monday. Guy 1 couldn't make it a full day without a customer complaint. Left a grease print on a tan carpet floor mat because of not putting a protective sheet down, oily finger prints on the hood and fenders, etc. Poor nitwit didn't make it the full week before pulling the clincher. Did the first break-in oil change on a fully loaded TRD Tundra without leaving a single mark in or out, but forgot to put the drain plug back in. Customer was heading upstate on a weekend hunting trip and wanted the service before the road trip. This is back in the day when landlines were still used by all, and it was the only contact number on file to try to call the guy back in. The dealer ended up eating a tow charge from about 5+ hours away to bring back a beautiful truck with a seized engine. Dealer pulled the funding that was putting him through training and he was lucky enough to be sent back to his wash bucket.

During the same week, guy 2 prepped the brand new and fully loaded Avalon bought by an elderly woman. Not long after the woman drove off the lot, the car showed up on a flatbed with the front end stoved in. Apparently the guy was so detail oriented that he made sure to not forget to give the leather seats and steering wheel a nice high shine with armour all. Lady hit the brakes for a red light, ass slid forward on the slip n slide seat putting all her weight on the pedal, and skidded into the back of a line of stopped vehicles. The dealer must've been garnishing part of their wages, because I never understood why they were still kept around.

Ive forgotten what thread and subforum I'm in, but back to regularly scheduled programming. Lol

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Since my six year old did so well changing my oil and filter last week, I let him help rotate my tires, clean the brakes and change the air filter. It sure beats him shooting the dogs with his nerf gun...sigh.

Good stuff! Enjoy your kid(s) while they are young. They grow so so quickly.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Finally finished up the rear of my JLUR.
  • CavFab mid width bumper
How are your back sensors doing? I haven’t tried messing with mine but my driver sensor works off and on, passenger doesn’t seem to be working, and the two inner sensors seem to be working inconsistently. I’ll probably adjust them once I finish my tire carrier but seeing if you had any trouble with them and if you placed them back on like the stock bumper configuration (which I believe I did). Planning to follow some of the tricks here:

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
I just got my Redline hood struts on the big brown truck. Going to try to resist until Saturday. I have about run out of things I can afford for now!

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
This is next on my list if Corona ever sorts itself out.

Do you have a build thread Erik? What ratio did you go with? How big of a pain is it to move the axle around by yourself? I'm kinda dreading that part.
No build thread, but i should really make one i think lol. Its 4.56 to match my rear. And to move it yourself, especially getting out of the crate, dont think can be dont by yourself, unless you dismantle the whole crate and maybe slide when end out at a time onto jacks or dolly then wheel it up. Once its on the dolly or jacks though Im pretty sure i could have managed it solo. But i had my cousin helping and we each tackled a side, cut the time in half

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Incredible street wrenchin...who needs a lift or a garage?:rock: Did you do the swap by yourself?
Nah my cousin helped, we each tackled a side, really not a project i would want to do without someone, makes it much easier and faster