What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
We went for a drive on a dirt road yesterday, which meant a LOT of cleaning today.

It's amazing how dirty the interior can get!

I also put the locking nut on my CMM mirrors ( I obviously have more cleaning to do :CWL:):
IMG_1522-X3.jpg

IMG_1521-X3.jpg

I also put my Canadian maple leaf on. I had it on the back of my other Jeep, but wanted it on the side so I can see it. I always put a Canadian maple leaf on my vehicles in memory of my Dad. I blame him for my love of cars and baseball :). It's a bit crowded in that spot, but I can see it every day so I'm happy.

IMG_1526-X3.jpg

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I spent the weekend adding some KC lights. I love round lights on a Jeep (probably because I grew up in the 1980s), and the first time I saw the KC Hilites Pro6 light bar, I knew it would eventually be going on my JL. I finally pulled the trigger when I found them for 15% off, and they arrived on Saturday. The install was relatively easy, and I am completely happy with the result. I have to note the packaging of these components was an engineering marvel. Seriously, I've never seen cardboard packaging so well designed- it's truly almost as impressive as the lights. I wired the light bar to the same Aux circuit (I have the tow package with the 4 aux switches from the factory) I used for my A-pillar lights. I plan to put yellow Linux film on the bumper lights to turn them into fogs (they're on another switch). The lights only add about 1" of height to the Jeep, so I'll still clear my garage door. My son and I took the Jeep down to the lake to try out the lights and with all of them lit I can basically turn the area in front of the Jeep into daylight! (My other lights are Auxbeams, and I'm super happy with those as well- although I may swap them out for Pro6 lights just to keep things consistent.)

Since the FedEx guy didn't arrive with my light bar until late on Saturday, I spent the afternoon installing two KC Cyclone lights under the hood (I wired these to my rock light circuit, since I'll probably want the ground lit up if I'm working under the hood out on the trail. I installed them on the sides by removing the sound deadener push fasteners with smaller fasteners running through the hole in the center of the lights. They really do a great job at illuminating the engine bay.

Finally, I removed the plastic air dam under the front bumper, as well as the metal shield that sits behind it (I have a Jeep buddy that has been on my case for months to get rid of these pieces). I may eventually paint the diff cover Chrysler Flame Red to match the tow hooks.

PS- In the far right background of the first pic, you can see our 2004 Ford Ranger FX4... which is also a capable off-road vehicle (we bang around in that one... still babying the JL for the time being :^).

2d1e8251232b1228ed70c7bddd22f564a88f12d9.jpg

f40c2f011fa36d9bb7a66df496eccae3951bbcfb.jpg

0cf73eef79552c23c13ad7e6d388d01bef67450c.jpg

Last edited:

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I should probably invest in an air compressor now.
ARB makes a really nice on board setup, both the single & the twin work very well. Otherwise the closest gas station will suffice. You don’t want to drive too long with low air pressure on the main roads it can be dangerous and it’s hard on the tires.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I did the same thing and it's made it noticeably quieter. Haven't been out to the freeway to get a decibel rating, but it's gone from having to raise voices to talk at 75mph to being able to talk in a normal voice.
Mine just came in the mail yesterday. My phone db app was reading an average of 67 when driving at 75 mph which is my normal commute speed. I'm hoping for a after db reading below 60 when I finish all of the noise canceling stuff I have planned.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@Varilux
In what world would you ever need all those lights??
Just wondering...
First line of the post indicates the primary reason I installed the light bar (I like the way it looks). The four lights I already had put out a lot of light by themselves, so the light bar is a bit of overkill.

However, I do in fact use my offroad lights quite a bit (driving mountain trails at our cabin, illumination on construction projects, etc.). On some stretches through the forest, we're going 50mph down logging roads which often have limbs or whole tress that have fallen across them- best to see such things from a distance!

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Trimmed the rear fenders and Artec Rear liners over the weekend! Thanks to @Roky for the moral support! This one(s) was a pain in my nuts, for some reason. If you're running the AAL fender retention hardware, you'll hate a portion of this install. See our build thread for more details. Roky was right - in the end, they look great!

IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_4905.JPG
IMG_5770.JPG
IMG_5778.JPG
IMG_5775.JPG
IMG_5777.JPG

IMG_5773.JPG

IMG_5774.JPG
Nice job on install. Looks great.

A little bed liner or undercoating on the inside of the flare and body color inside the fender well cleans up the appearance nicely.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job on install. Looks great.

A little bed liner or undercoating on the inside of the flare and body color inside the fender well cleans up the appearance nicely.
Great idea, thanks!

Chrishegs27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Dropped it off to have Rubicon Suspension put on my Sport S. Glad to support a local shop during this time. Will post pictures when I get it back. Won’t be a crazy difference but excited either way!