What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

ale70

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Now that's justification for the winch! Any chance of that tree blowing the other direction on to your Wrangler?
No, it's really tilted badly towards my neighbor. it's been like that since Sandy, but today it was gonna go. Yes, the winch is now justified....now I have to justify the Rubicon....lol

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
Did some heavy soundproofing of the Jeep during the quarantine.

After a long trip to get my daughter from college after everything shut down the noise finally got to me and made it hard to have a conversation on the freeway.

With spare time on my hand, I wanted to try a couple of things that I have seen on this forum.

I ran a test with a free decibel reader app at 55mph.

Before = ~75dB
After weather seal around doors = ~70dB
After Sound assassin floors = ~65dB

The before includes HotHead headliners with sound assassin strips.

Weather seal = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771T61VH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sound assassin Floor panels = https://hotheadheadliners.com/pages/sound-assassin

I did the full floor package and ended up with 6 extra panels left over.

Took me about two days in the garage to take everything out, install, and put everything back in. I tried to be as OCD with the sound assassin as I could be. I continued to put additional small pieces down after the pictures I took. If I could see a red floor I took the time to cover it.

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg
Here is link to another thread for anyone who is interested in sound insulating.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ove-the-luxury-or-comfort-of-your-jeep.45014/

Kayakjoe

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JlUR
Fixed my seriously squeaky rear brakes! If anyone else is hearing random squeaking or chirping sounds when applying the brakes you might want to look into applying caliper grease to the brake pad clips. Mine were completely dry.

This was not a “normal” first thing in the morning brake squeal that goes away. If I held the brake pedal down and rocked the Jeep it made all kinds of noise.

00F687DE-42FF-4DDE-AF05-7F6628989F2E.jpeg

Last edited:

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I would gladly drink a beer at a Cubs game. I guess that could classify me as a fan.
Instead of self-isolation? Hard choice.

Raskass77

First Name
Casey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon Mopar 2” lift 37” Cooper STT Pros AEV Wheels Warn Winch baja Lights Mopar Off-road Lights Injen Catback Exhaust Mishimoto Air Intake
Occupation
CDJR Sales Consultant
Can post a some pictures down the sides to show how much the wheels poke out. I’m on the fence on offset. I know I want 8.5x17 put looking at +12
to +25s.

Raskass77

First Name
Casey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon Mopar 2” lift 37” Cooper STT Pros AEV Wheels Warn Winch baja Lights Mopar Off-road Lights Injen Catback Exhaust Mishimoto Air Intake
Occupation
CDJR Sales Consultant
Can post a some pictures down the sides to show how much the wheels poke out. I’m on the fence on offset. I know I want 8.5x17 put looking at +12
to +25s.
290F0F24-8E30-4E57-80FA-BC787C892452.png

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2019 Ram Longhorn 4x4
After finishing my lift install I noticed the parking brake cables were very tight when approaching full articulation so installed the Rancho parking brake cable relocation bracket. It is pretty easy to install and works great, however the instructions should be revised...They show using the OEM bracket & bolt to attach to the Rancho drop bracket with the OEM bolt being installed from the bottom and fastened with the Rancho supplied nut and washer from above. *Do not install with bolt facing up, this puts the bolt close to or against the filler neck, instead simply drop the bolt in from the top and fasten the OEM bracket to the bolt with the supplied nut and washer. The other thing you might want to do is carefully adjust the evaporation canister so there is just a bit of space between the canister / lines and the parking brake brake cables.

NOTE: The above revised instructions my only apply to 2-door models, I took a quick look at neighbors 4-door JL and his seems to have a bit more clearance in this area...Still a good idea to install the bolt from the top however!

Motor City Aftermarket