What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Hellraizer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
i found the solid core worked better for me too. the tubing was just too flexible
The tubing used was the hollow core stuff. I would have to agree solid core would prob work much better but I didnt see that. Do you have a link to it?

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
JL Plaque

C2F55885-F206-4BDC-B735-8DDBA998FDB0.png
Yeah, as other have said, very unsafe. The passenger side dash splits horizontally right down the middle when the airbag deploys. You can't really know this unless you remove the dash and look at it from behind, which I did when I replaced my dash. It looks like a solid piece, but if you look behind it you'll see not only where the airbag is located but the crease on the rear side that weakens the dash in that location so the airbag can burst through. Here's a video showing the airbag deploying... See 2:09 and 4:08.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Well here they are in the daylight. They definitely pop!

9AC9E37D-3E24-406B-8948-C118A829420F.jpeg
Not remembering what your Jeep looked like in the dark. This makes much more sense now.
Looks great.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
The tubing used was the hollow core stuff. I would have to agree solid core would prob work much better but I didnt see that. Do you have a link to it?
I tried.38 solid it was to big. Then .27 hollow it was ok but flatten out . Then I but in the .25 solid I feel it looks better and holds its shape better.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Saw her first snow this morning on way to work . Wasn’t expecting that since it was 72 and sunny yesterday and when I woke up it was 18 and snowing but that’s Colorado for you.

1FE2B376-7D82-4CB5-9FE3-1C2524F9CF97.jpeg
Whatever photoshop or lightroom magic you did to make that pic happen is awesome!

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, as other have said, very unsafe. The passenger side dash splits horizontally right down the middle when the airbag deploys. You can't really know this unless you remove the dash and look at it from behind, which I did when I replaced my dash. It looks like a solid piece, but if you look behind it you'll see not only where the airbag is located but the crease on the rear side that weakens the dash in that location so the airbag can burst through. Here's a video showing the airbag deploying... See 2:09 and 4:08.
Interesting. Looks like the plastic tray may be ok, but the plaque could be a hazard. I wonder where the two parts of the dash go.

Capture.PNG

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I tried.38 solid it was to big. Then .27 hollow it was ok but flatten out . Then I but in the .25 solid I feel it looks better and holds its shape better.
How is it held in place?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Looking to buy the Dynatrac Enduro Sport lift anyone know where to get the best deal?
Good life but consider Synergy Starter kit with Fox's - on sale 15% off at PolyPerformance right now. As you are buying new shocks get the long ones so you don't need extenders to save yourself $160

All in $1300 minus the 15%. So cheaper then Dynatrack and a lot more expandability.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Wouldn't a brakebuddy be simpler than all that cabling stuff? ...
I started with a brake buddy years ago. Besides the extra time & hassle of setting it up or removing it I had to find a place to store it when not in use. While I went a slightly different direction (I use the Air Force One, not an option on a gas coach) the results are similar. Once the initial installation is done it takes seconds to set up or break down and all I have to find storage for is the small diameter air line that connects the coach to the Jeep.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer.

It's an easy install - maybe 45 minutes from start to finish with the right tools. If you put it on jack stands (or a lift) there is no need to remove the track bar bolt. It also makes it so you can turn the wheel to align the bolt holes without a helper.
Make sure the shaft is rotated so that the adjustment is readable from the front before you secure it. This is not clear from the instruction video. Of course I did it wrong the first time.
Instructions recommended red loktite for the 13mm bolts on the axle, and a tube was included, but I elected to use blue instead. The instruction video on extremeterrain.com didn't show using loktite at all. My dealer installed the recalled one several months ago and the bolts didn't have any loktite on them. I'm not sure why Teraflex thinks that's necessary.
I haven't driven much and just with the medium setting, but it seems to stay a on center a bit more. Can't wait to try the highway with the firm setting to see if it provides a less flighty experience.

IMG_20200413_084405.jpg

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Wouldn't a brakebuddy be simpler than all that cabling stuff?
What wiring harness you installing? I went with the Cool Tech.
There are several reasons I went this direction.

1. Simplicity and reliability of a mechanical system. Doesn't introduce more electronics, air compressor, etc.
2. Don't have to remove and store the Brake Buddy.
3. No drain on my battery (or need to wire a 12v charge from the motorhome)
4. Roughly half the price

I'm not saying it's the better solution, but that was my thinking.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
There are several reasons I went this direction.

1. Simplicity and reliability of a mechanical system. Doesn't introduce more electronics, air compressor, etc.
2. Don't have to remove and store the Brake Buddy.
3. No drain on my battery (or need to wire a 12v charge from the motorhome)
4. Roughly half the price

I'm not saying it's the better solution, but that was my thinking.
Thanks for the response. Makes sense. I made a 4000+ mile trip and only killed the Jeep's batteries once. oops
After that goof, I made sure to start the Jeep at the end of every day. I've toyed with the idea of a charge wire, but so far so good.