DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
...And so the second thing, which I did today, was to install a forward facing spotting camera....underneath the Jeep using a Garmin Overlander! I'll link a more thorough explanation momentarily. I just finished this about 30 minutes ago, so the lighting is low in the garage. It should be better during the day on the trail. I'm looking forward to testing it out! I may ultimately attempt to move it forward a bit, if I can find as good a place to mount it. But for now, this should be better than going blind, especially when cresting hills or not having a spotter on mild terrain. (Always have an experienced spotter on the hard stuff, cameras or not.)

A little more detail can be found here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-camera-forward-facing-under-the-jeep.49313/

9HyBqey.jpg

Last edited:

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I accomplished two things. The first was 2 days ago, and that was to get the TJ mirrors onto the Warn tube doors. They work just fine, although I had to make 2 trips to the hardware store to get screws long enough for them. Mission accomplished. I like the TJ mirrors, but if I had to do it again, I'd probably go with YJ mirrors. They have a little more area than the TJs. Anyway, I do like the rounded housing on the TJ mirrors better, so they get to stay.

TMMIPTt.jpg

EQ9EdK6.jpg

The next one is the one to which I've most looked forward! See the next post...
I like the Warn doors. One of the best values imo. The fact that they lock is huge for me. They look great. Enjoy!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I like the Warn doors. One of the best values imo. The fact that they lock is huge for me. They look great. Enjoy!
Thanks! They lock solidly, too! No play in the mechanism, at all.

For those asking why? To keep the doors from getting stolen. I guess it could also be to keep kids in the back from accidentally opening them while moving, sort of like a child lock.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! They lock solidly, too! No play in the mechanism, at all.

For those asking why? To keep the doors from getting stolen. I guess it could also be to keep kids in the back from accidentally opening them while moving, sort of like a child lock.
For sure they would be stolen eventually where I live. I don’t have a garage because my woman wanted another room that no one uses. Some locking tubes and a car cover will keep me happy.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
After she got really filthy yesterday while having fun in the sand, I gave her a bath today. Way too much work for my old back. I need carwashes to reopen SOON!

FAC39056-5A1A-42D7-AFF6-7D7538D8C9CB.jpeg

A76293FE-5696-4488-9776-1606D21BB4B8.jpeg
I've seen posts in the past that it is heresy to clean a Jeep, that you aren't a real Jeeper. But they also don't put their tops or doors on in the winter because that's just a government conspiracy to have them in the first place.:facepalm:

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
After she got really filthy yesterday while having fun in the sand, I gave her a bath today. Way too much work for my old back. I need carwashes to reopen SOON!
I'm fortunate, my buddy owns a self serve with an unattended touch free car wash.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

FAC39056-5A1A-42D7-AFF6-7D7538D8C9CB.jpeg
Wantagh Park?

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Finished the install of the Artec spare tire delete and two Baja Design S1 scene lights. Coninuining my string of screwed up installs managed to cut both the camera and tail light leads - the camera was a coax - no fun. Fit and finish of the Artec was great. I just wanted more light when backing up

18837C8C-1E40-4E6E-A7DB-7BF637AC4E66.jpeg
F9D5B301-E883-4C24-A370-C3BA0EAC56AF.jpeg