What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Swapped out the plastic front bumper on my Sahara for the steel Rubi plus added the skid plate. Followed a thread on here and purchased the bumper parts individually not the one solid bumper.
Def more involved with installation but saved a decent chunk of change this way and I could not be happier with how it looks!

(Still need to buy the little filler plate for now and then I will add a finished pic)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Swapped out the plastic front bumper on my Sahara for the steel Rubi plus added the skid plate. Followed a thread on here and purchased the bumper parts individually not the one solid bumper.
Def more involved with installation but saved a decent chunk of change this way and I could not be happier with how it looks!

(Still need to buy the little filler plate for now and then I will add a finished pic)
May I ask how much it came to? The cheapest I've seen for the Mopar 3 pc is $753.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Replaced the 3rd brake light with a new version by Oracle Lighting.

The new version includes a "pigtail" style connector, which should make accessing the spare tire a little easier.

Rubicon - 1064 - 04-05-20 - forum.jpg
any chance that you have a pic of this new connector?

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
May I ask how much it came to? The cheapest I've seen for the Mopar 3 pc is $753.
Keep in mind I reused my LEDs and didnt buy the end caps because I wanted the stubby look (both drivers to buy it part vs whole)
Bumper
Skid plate
Aftermarket light bracket (if you do go this way let's chat about this)
Cover plate
Filler
All hardware
$700
IMG_5337(1).jpg

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
any chance that you have a pic of this new connector?
Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the connector before I put it back together.

That type of connector is commonly used in wiring harnesses. It means that there is a short length of wire attached to the connector.

In my case, it makes removing and replacing the 3rd brake light much easier, which I need to do every time I remove my spare tire.

This is because I have the Alpha HD Spare Tire Mounting Kit by TeraFlex. With this setup, accessing a "regular" style connector, on the 3rd brake light, can be difficult.

If you have one, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Repurposed an old bed frame into a frame for a hardtop hoist. This replaced a homemade wooden version that I used previously. Bought the Topsy brackets and I’m happy with the function. Costs were $45 for the Topsy brackets and rear lift straps, as well as a $30 harbor freight hand winch. Everything else I had around the house.

75B7D0C2-418A-41DF-89B8-B4BF463EE910.jpeg
Super impressed that you did such a good job locating a single balancing point, but aren't you at all concerned with the top spinning into something when you inevitably bump into it while walking by?

Edit: Never mind, I see the bungee at the front corner now...