Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds great. I'm a complete introvert, but found myself enjoying group Jeep outings (EJS was a blast even though there were SO many people!) and would enjoy something like this. I'll have to see if is a similar group near me.
Not sure where you are in NorCal but we are located in Sacramento and my wife would probably be interested too.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Not sure where you are in NorCal but we are located in Sacramento and my wife would probably be interested too.
We are, too.

I saw your wife’s build and it’s an awesome Jeep!

I haven’t looked into clubs to see what’s in the area or if there is a women’s club/sub-club. I’ll have to look it up for when the virus is behind us. The JKUR in my avatar was my husband’s and we had fun with it, but I’m definitely a newbie when it comes too off-roading.

My Jeep is being bought back and will need to test drive the replacement before accepting it—hopefully that will happen later this week/beginning of next.

JRod

First Name
Jarrod
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@EDH_JL I'm anxious to hear about how this works out, I was thinking about doing the same.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Got it dirty , then got it clean. Man I need to get rid of that antenna!

8FA0ED5A-2BBE-4B45-A009-D127B821A473.jpeg

7172344A-AC0D-4C95-B3D2-C2FDDCD486D8.jpeg
Nothing a little spray paint can’t fix. I tried a mid height “CB look” antenna but found it just wasn’t pulling in the stations.
E8ED4774-E44F-4E82-9155-13D8E9B55996.jpeg

EDH_JL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
@EDH_JL I'm anxious to hear about how this works out, I was thinking about doing the same.
Too busy at work to test it out today, but I'll make a thread about the install once I do. I have a few Midland 5W GXT1050VP4 handhelds so I can compare the range 5W vs. 15W

Warlocke

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get them? I have the LED package so plug n play sounds good to me. Hard to install?
I purchased the DRL/Turn Signal LED's direct from Recon Truck Accessories.

I purchased the Side Marker LED's from Northridge 4x4.

They weren't difficult to install. The toughest part was separating the top of the Turn Signal housings from the underside of the fenders. They're held on with a double-sided 3M automotive tape, which is very strong. When you reinstall, I suggest that you remove all of the existing tape, which will be stuck to the fenders. Scrape off as much as you can and clean the surfaces with alcohol until there is no more residue. Then apply new strips of the 3M tape (not included) to the top of the new Turn Signal LED's, prior to assembly. I've included a link to the 3M tape that I purchased from Amazon, in case you need some.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JR4D70K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 2021 GMC Terrain
Vehicle Showcase
Diode Dynamics