What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

BGJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2020 JLUR
I’ll try to get the top off again this weekend. But here’s the front panel on the ground.

Thanks guys, it was really a project born of boredom. The panels already had some sort of design so the plasti-dip came out nice and subtle. I did around 5 coats/ panel so I don’t think you’ll need more than 6 cans for the entire roof. Masking the edges and the clips were the tedious part. Total time was a bit over 2 hours.

4A753301-24AF-4BC5-8282-A06C0157DE69.jpeg
Thanks for the additional pic. The black with that texture looks really cool. Adding it to my list!

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
It was that post I quoted above yours.

A winch. A ton of led light bars. And about 2 inches of rubber over those massive wheels.

It's a purely poser vehicle. If he didn't put the "offroad" goodies on that on-road vehicle, then it wouldn't be nearly as difficult to look at.

It's literally having an identity crisis. I'm here to advise for an intervention. ;)
The Jeep is for their honey and is spec'd how she wanted it. The alternative was an awful GWagon so I can give this a pass :)

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'd sure hope someone would tell me if my modifications make my vehicle look atrocious.

Think of it as constructive advice. Or constructive criticism.

This is the internet. This is a forum. You can't post up pictures of your ride and expect only positive opinions and responses.

And, don't be so easily offended. :surprised:
Don't remember him asking for an opinion. But you're right, this is the internet, and some people lose any sense of propriety when communicating using it.

And about being easily offended... I wasn't offended in the least bit. You weren't bashing my tastes, not that I would be offended anyway. I don't believe the guy who's jeep tastes you were talking about was offended either. But, don't make the mistake of believing everyone is being so easily offended, when in reality, you're just being a d***. Ok, I'm done. You can have the last word on the matter if you wish.

Last edited:

XtremePunesher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 XTREME JLU
Occupation
Architect/Builder
In the process to install these, but can't make up my mind if I should keep them or not.

IMG_1729.jpg

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Don't remember him asking for an opinion. But you're right, this is the internet, and some people lose any sense of propriety when communicating using it.

And about being easily offended... I wasn't offended in the least bit. You weren't bashing my tastes, not that I would be offended anyway. I don't believe the guy who's jeep tastes you were talking about was offended either. But, don't make the mistake of believing everyone is being so easily offended, when it reality, you're just being a d***. Ok, I'm done. You can have the last word on the matter if you wish.
Don't post things on a public forum if you won't want opinions. That defies all logic.

And stop trying to suppress my speech. You sound a little left wing there, tiger! :giggle:

Mr. Beef Chief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Don't post things on a public forum if you won't want opinions. That defies all logic.

And stop trying to suppress my speech. You sound a little left wing there, tiger! :giggle:
@simpleJL... There's always one guy who turns to the forums to get his daily ego boost. Glad you can be our source of entertainment.

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
Ordered a Rebel offroad coilover conversion kit. should be here wednesday :D
upload_2018-5-3_15-33-42.png

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score