First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Where did you get the NMO bracket and do you have any additional pictures on your antenna cable routing?
The parts:
Antenna: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIH6HRC
Wire: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BLCLUJ6
Bracket: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMH1L5S

The bracket comes with little self tapping screws, but I used machine screws with washers/nuts + lock-tight as I think it will last longer. I did a lot of measuring and "slow mo" video recording to make sure it clears the wiper arm. It does, and its only a concern for me 6 months at a time.

I don't have any additional wiring pictures. The cover plat on the 3rd brake arm was notched at the top and bottom, so the wire could sit in that channel. I ran the wire into the same grommet that the CB wire went into. The CB had a removable PL-259 end, this wire did not. so it was a little harder to route through the grommet into the trunk area. After that it follows the same path as all all wires. the CB I routed inside the black cloth sleeve, but no way to do that with this wire, so its zip tied to it.

Inside I removed the plastic trim on the read quarter. Its surprisingly easy. Pull up the trim piece around the seat belt. Remove the 4 bolts holding down the tie down anchors, and 1x3 board. Then you have a small torx in front recess by the sub. After that, just pull straight out.

The floor trim under the doors, pulls straight out towards the middle of the Jeep. A trim tool helps. After that I have an air compressor, CB and Midland mount all under the passenger seat. A lot of room down there. The CB (Cobra 75 SWXT) has sheet metal screws closer the center counsel, just to left of the floor air duct. The Midland unit is 2 sided/Velcro'd just to the right of the vent, closer to the seat rail by the door.

I looked back at pictures, I don't have any good pictures. It's one thing I need to do better, is photo document my projects.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Worked on my proof of concept for a Sport switch panel. I really like these small SPDT switches for controlling off-road lights. Position 1 is manual on, off, position 2 is auto based on high beams/backup/interior/etc trigger wire to a relay. I'll probably do 3 on top and leave the bottom blank for future use if I ever get seat heaters or add some red map lights.

IMG_20200209_160655.jpg

IMG_20200209_201439.jpg

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited sport s
Painted the inside of my hard top with Black Plasti Dip. I couldn't stand the white anymore. I don't understand why they dont come from the factory like this. Hopefully works as a sound deadener too.

20200208_093252.jpg

4A753301-24AF-4BC5-8282-A06C0157DE69.jpeg.jpg

20200209_130838.jpg

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Today at ~5000 miles I did my second oil change (Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0W-20 with a MOPAR filter) and my first tire rotation. The tire rotation was a breeze thanks to the pneumatic impact wrench and compressor my father-in-law got me for Christmas. I can’t believe I’ve been content to do it with a breaker bar and a socket for 20+ years!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Painted the inside of my hard top with Black Plasti Dip. I couldn't stand the white anymore. I don't understand why they dont come from the factory like this. Hopefully works as a sound deadener too.

20200208_093252.jpg

4A753301-24AF-4BC5-8282-A06C0157DE69.jpeg.jpg

20200209_130838.jpg
Man, I'm 100% glad FCA leaves it white. To me the look is refreshing and makes the cabin look larger. As to why they leave it white from the factory? Likely to cut down on the notorious heat. The summers are pretty toasty in my area and a black headliner will theoretically make it even hotter (also cheaper for FCA, lol). You live in Vegas, so you're probably used to blistering heat, but curious if there will be any temp changes from the Plastidip either up or down.

At the end of the day, its a personal choice with no right answer. Glad you like the mod and follow up here if you notice any changes with noise and/or the temp!

Jef

First Name
Jef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
The parts:
Antenna: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIH6HRC
Wire: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BLCLUJ6
Bracket: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMH1L5S

The bracket comes with little self tapping screws, but I used machine screws with washers/nuts + lock-tight as I think it will last longer. I did a lot of measuring and "slow mo" video recording to make sure it clears the wiper arm. It does, and its only a concern for me 6 months at a time.

I don't have any additional wiring pictures. The cover plat on the 3rd brake arm was notched at the top and bottom, so the wire could sit in that channel. I ran the wire into the same grommet that the CB wire went into. The CB had a removable PL-259 end, this wire did not. so it was a little harder to route through the grommet into the trunk area. After that it follows the same path as all all wires. the CB I routed inside the black cloth sleeve, but no way to do that with this wire, so its zip tied to it.

Inside I removed the plastic trim on the read quarter. Its surprisingly easy. Pull up the trim piece around the seat belt. Remove the 4 bolts holding down the tie down anchors, and 1x3 board. Then you have a small torx in front recess by the sub. After that, just pull straight out.

The floor trim under the doors, pulls straight out towards the middle of the Jeep. A trim tool helps. After that I have an air compressor, CB and Midland mount all under the passenger seat. A lot of room down there. The CB (Cobra 75 SWXT) has sheet metal screws closer the center counsel, just to left of the floor air duct. The Midland unit is 2 sided/Velcro'd just to the right of the vent, closer to the seat rail by the door.

I looked back at pictures, I don't have any good pictures. It's one thing I need to do better, is photo document my projects.
Thank you so much. This will help a ton as pulling trim and drilling holes in a vehicle (let alone brand new) is a new venture for me.

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited sport s
Man, I'm 100% glad FCA leaves it white. To me the look is refreshing and makes the cabin look larger. As to why they leave it white from the factory? Likely to cut down on the notorious heat. The summers are pretty toasty in my area and a black headliner will theoretically make it even hotter (also cheaper for FCA, lol). You live in Vegas, so you're probably used to blistering heat, but curious if there will be any temp changes from the Plastidip either up or down.

At the end of the day, its a personal choice with no right answer. Glad you like the mod and follow up here if you notice any changes with noise and/or the temp!
Leaving it white on the inside does nothing for heat transfer.. On the outside its already black.. the heat wont stop because it hits another color....If you want less heat, I would suggest painting the outside white.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Who’s on first, what’s on second and I don’t know is on third..........you’re probably to young to know that skit. Lol. Ok back to Jeep stuff....... the new pipe you got, is it stainless?

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Who’s on first, what’s on second and I don’t know is on third..........you’re probably to young to know that skit. Lol. Ok back to Jeep stuff....... the new pipe you got, is it stainless?
Haha, I'm older than you think....i just have a young wife. Abbott and Costello.