73CJto19JL

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubi, 2015 GMC Sierra, 1964 Chevy Chevelle Malibu SS Convertible
Occupation
Electrical/ Controls Engineer
Completed the "Christmas Present to Myself" lighting changes on Maggie this weekend. Moved the Baja Designs Squadron Pro Amber Fogs from the bumper to the A-Pillar (now side lighting) and put the new Baja Designs LP-6's to the bumper.

Backlights only
0 - Backlights.jpg

1 - Backlights.jpg

"Low Beams"
2 - Low Beams.jpg

"High Beams"
3 - High Beams.jpg

Sides
4 - Sides.jpg

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
Added an LED strip light that I wired up with dome light. No more issue reading something out on the trail at night. This is in pitch black taking a picture of inside of cab thru side door window. Super happy with results

20200112_192048.jpg
Nice! Let's see some more pics with details, including where exactly you mounted it and the strip itself. Great idea!

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Nice! Let's see some more pics with details, including where exactly you mounted it and the strip itself. Great idea!
Will give more details with a daylight pic and some more details. Tonight a close up picture is just a big ball of light! !

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I solved my biggest complaint about my Jeep. The awful backup lights. I was looking for a clean solution that didn't look tacked on to the back of the Jeep and thought it'd be nice if I could install a removable backup light in the trailer hitch. I couldn't find a product on the market that I liked, and I was bored and felt like being a machinist for a day (no offense to machinists with real skills!), so I cobbled this up. All it took was an aluminum "DIY blank logo plate" for trailer hitches that I found on eBay, some 3/8" ABS Plastic from McMaster a little 6mm high density foam (anti-rattle/pretension) a 2.5" hole saw, a Dremel tool with cutting discs and an 8/32 tap. I used the Baja Designs S1 surface mounted LED with "work/scene" profile. I wired it with a connector directly into the backup light circuit of the trailer harness so that I can unplug it for towing (which I'm likely to do almost never with this vehicle anyway). I also used a locking hitch pin to discourage theft. I think the results look pretty decent - and MUCH better backup lighting.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
When you are ready to produce and sell these i need one!

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
So, I bought a simple little led strip, drilled a 1/4" hole in trim piece in front of Jeep dome light and wired it to the existing dome light wire. This simply works in conjunction with the dome light. It is amazing!

20200113_085158.jpg

grandsrus

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
So today I finally swap my stock LCA with Mopar lift LCA, my JL is currently at stock height, but I hope that slightly longer LCA can give me a bit more caster. Also, it is Mopar so the dealer can't tell I swapped unless they look at it under a microscope.

As you can see in the picture, Mopar lift LCA is slightly longer than the stock LCA (measured by about 1/4 inch). In case you are interested in doing this mod, the part number for Mopar lift LCA is 68322798AA. If you want to use a new set of bolts and nuts, they are 6512085AA (bolt, M16-1.5x104mm) and 6104720AA (nut). The torque specs are 190 ft-lb. The 130 and lower floating around the internet is from the old JK smaller bolt and nut, JL has a larger bolt so the torque is much higher.

Some tips for your installation:

(1) Tools, tools, tools! Breaking free LCA requires a 21 mm deep socket and 24 mm wrench, since the space is really limited under the car, you need to have an impact wrench that can deliver good torque.

(2) The new LCA will be longer, so you need to jack up the frame slightly (shown in another picture) to push it in. Once you push one side in, the other side should be easy since the axle is already moved.

(3) I put a tiny bit of anti-seize in the LCA mount, does not hurt to have a little bit.

20190125_125501.jpg

20190125_130524.jpg
Wow, these control arms are about $30 each. Cheap to get realigned after a 1.5" lift!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
When you are ready to produce and sell these i need one!
Hoping these smoked lens LED reflector lights will be made in bright white soon. I called the manufacture (iJDMTOY) and requested them in bright white. They would be a elegant solution for back-up lights.

I spoke with Jackie at iJDMTOY (866-501-8295) when I called to request a bright white LED version to be used as a back up light. Can't hurt if more people call or email asking for them in bright white LEDs.

*It looks like they have them in clear LEDs now.*

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082FRN1V6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

George999

First Name
George
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Willys
Vehicle Showcase
So, I bought a simple little led strip, drilled a 1/4" hole in trim piece in front of Jeep dome light and wired it to the existing dome light wire. This simply works in conjunction with the dome light. It is amazing!

20200113_085158.jpg
Cool
If i may, how did you mount the flashlight?

Freeland Jeep