DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It has to be over 32 degrees for oxidation to take place . It aint ever over 32 here. Guess thats why my cars never rust !
Temps rise and fall above and below freezing here nearly every day in the winter, plus my Jeeps are in a garage that stays about 60 degrees. I wash the salt off every chance I get. My JK, which is on its 13th Indiana winter, will tell you that frequently washing salt off and out (and mud, too), is a good thing.

GuapoJeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I installed the recently highly debated tailgate reinforcement and tire relocation kit for my 37s. I switched from my rough country tire relocation bracket which was surprising heavy.
reinforce1.JPG
reinforce3.JPG

Last edited:

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Today I installed the mopar rear cargo liner in my Rubi. Was pretty easy. Cutting into the seat back was a little scary but the instructions were good and found a couple good videos on YouTube.

75396FAD-AC25-497D-9F77-F09CCB8166C5.jpeg
I found instructions to be so so, but YouTube videos saved the day for sure.

And yes as I cut the seat backs of my fresh Rubi, I thought I was going to have a big accident, but a quick jump in the shower and everything worked out just fine. :whew:

Reactions: RTJ

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Addeswapped the Rugged Ridge rocker guards for their Nerf bars with steps. Straight forward and beefy.

I like the rocker guards look better honestly, but I have a MC 2.5 Dual Rate lift coming. The wife and kids will need the step.

The rockers are beefy as hell and well made. Selling them in FL is anyone is interested.

20191229_134626.jpg

20191229_134618.jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I took advantage of the generous late-December weather & finished up the @Metalcloak diff covers. Thick-ass Yeti track bar made it a pain in the tukus to get the top-inner bolts off & replaced/torqued for the front cover. I had to drop driver-side of the bar to get a ratchet up in there. Rear cover had the same problem. The rear diff skid took some hits, but still looks good as new. I don't like the center bolt on the front skid, asking to get smacked on a rock.

Filled 'em up with the Purple Royale... getting them bottles bottoms-up wasn't happening... I had to use a fill tube. Some touch-up painting on the rear cover is all I got left.

Diff_front_04.JPG
Diff_front_05.JPG
Diff_front_03.JPG

Diff_rear_03.JPG

Diff_rear_05.JPG

I started out with all red. Rustoleum High-Gloss Strawberry Fields is the pinnacle... THE PEAK, of absolute masculinity.

Diff_both_01.JPG

Then I thought they looked plain, so I figured I'd add some gold, to match my Methods and the MC skids. When I finished 'em up with some Rustoleum 2X Ultra clear coat, I eventually realized what I had inadvertently done.

Diff_both_02.JPG

Oh, well.

iron_man.jpg

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I took advantage of the generous late-December weather & finished up the @Metalcloak diff covers. Thick-ass Yeti track bar made it a pain in the tukus to get the top-inner bolts off & replaced/torqued for the front cover. I had to drop driver-side of the bar to get a ratchet up in there. Rear cover had the same problem. The rear diff skid took some hits, but still looks good as new. I don't like the center bolt on the front skid, asking to get smacked on a rock.

Filled 'em up with the Purple Royale... getting them bottles bottoms-up wasn't happening... I had to use a fill tube. Some touch-up painting on the rear cover is all I got left.

Diff_front_04.JPG
Diff_front_05.JPG
Diff_front_03.JPG

Diff_rear_03.JPG

Diff_rear_05.JPG

I started out with all red. Rustoleum High-Gloss Strawberry Fields is the pinnacle... THE PEAK, of absolute masculinity.

Diff_both_01.JPG

Then I thought they looked plain, so I figured I'd add some gold, to match my Methods and the MC skids. When I finished 'em up with some Rustoleum 2X Ultra clear coat, I eventually realized what I had inadvertently done.

Diff_both_02.JPG

Oh, well.

iron_man.jpg
What did you use for gasket material, or did MC supply some?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Installed these KC G34 Lights in my Poison Spyder Bumper. https://amzn.to/2rzEn1g

They Produce a nice bright white light. I opted for the driving light vs Fog or Spot.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
What did you use for gasket material, or did MC supply some?
They come with a small tube of Sierra Gear & Axle silicone. I didn't think they would...I already bought Permatex Ultra Grey & used that instead.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like that gladiator insert. where did you get it sir?
I've been looking at those exact headlights too but have been unsure on how much an improvement they would be over our oem halogens, would you buy them again? plug and play and no flickers or flash? thanks
The gladiator insert came from a BAMWholesale parts. The insert is divded into three parts- so you have to order them all. Just go on any online Mopar parts dealer and look for the part numbers below:
6QN22RXFAB Grille-Texture $11.79 1 $11.79
6QN21RXFAB Grille-Texture $5.87 1 $5.87
6QN23RXFAB Grille-Texture $5.87 1 $5.87

The total comes to less than $25- one of the least expensive mods I've made.

After living with the Oracle Oculus lights for a couple of weeks, I would definitely order them again. The output of these LED lights is amazing- literally a night and day difference over the stock halogens. During the first drive home from work with them, I was really concerned I was blinding everyone around me (because the highway signs definitely get lit up with these lights). I double checked my alignment, and they're definitely just a touch lower than my stock lights were. I finally had my son drive in front of then towards me in his Mustang (which puts the driver pretty low), and he said the lights were not in his eyes. He said you can tell they're bright, but they don't shine into his eyes and/or cause glare. Very happy with them- the LED fog light bulbs are on their way from Oracle, and I'm replacing the day time running lights and turn signal bulbs with amber LED as well (the LED headlights make the other lights look pretty yellow and drab).

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Built out my PIAA light bar - need to avoid the early morning deer. Powder coating the hammerhead mount and should be done in a day or two
82AFFD0E-1216-4232-8487-2028F30C3415.jpeg

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
They come with a small tube of Sierra Gear & Axle silicone. I didn't think they would...I already bought Permatex Ultra Grey & used that instead.
Just curious why you didn't reuse the factory gasket?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Agree, the factory gasket is reusable and high quality. Behind my Motobilt covers.
+ @obwahn

Before I removed the covers, I was expecting to scrape off silicone residue since I didn't know the factory gasket was the conventional type and reusable. I bought the Permatex a while back & figured I might as well put it to use. In hindsight, I should have asked first, but I never thought to. Duh, me.

When I noticed they were in remarkably good shape, I cleaned them to reuse if I ever had to. Thanks for the tip, gents.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the @Rugged Ridge Spartacus hinge replacement and the @TeraFlex Alpha HD carrier replacing the MOPAR reinforcement/relocation kits. Significant improvement all around

F631184F-7A11-42B4-9B3D-AC32C7B9A39B.jpeg

330C6DAE-6B71-4FDC-A08D-1652C96BD07E.jpeg

C5C8A678-81A9-49C2-BC91-B7D78CEEED40.jpeg

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Threw on a takeoff Rubicon Steel Bumper. Shout out to @Reactor111 for selling to me at a great price and to @chevymitchell for letting me install it in his garage outside of the rain.

I still need to figure out the fog lights but I like the look.

IMG_1945.JPG