What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
That is a horrible story and I am glad everyone is okay. Never get your vehicle serviced on Friday the 13th by a technician on drugs !
It was thursday the 12th... guess I should avoid any month that has a Friday the 13th. Or just avoid the dealership?

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Vermont uses more salt than my wife. I have to spray it down everyday . This is the before pic, just driving to ski area 7 miles . You all know what it looks like after .....
IMG_0862.JPG
Salt in MN with 37's and KMC Machete's ;) not long after a wash.

IMG_9414.jpg

IMG_9415.jpg

IMG_9416.jpg

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing major, just hardwired my Dashcam in finally. Been bugging me having it plugged into my 12v port all this time. First time I got to take the dash apart.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Smittybilt 12K Comp winch, Warn Rubicon winch plate, Warn 1.5" fairlead, Smittybilt 20K winch shackle, and Mopar winch guard. The electrical work still needs to be completed (I am waiting on a 500 amp relay and a 400 amp fuse block) to finalize it.

Overall, it was fairly painless aside from having to buy longer screws for the lower winch mounts (factory was too short) and for the fairlead. Lots of "mini" ratcheting happening to tighten the bumper to the frame, but that is now done. Lights to be installed on the winch guard in the coming weeks.

HYeRYx.jpg

HYeA2j.jpg

HYe5kQ.jpg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Smittybilt 12K Comp winch, Warn Rubicon winch plate, Warn 1.5" fairlead, Smittybilt 20K winch shackle, and Mopar winch guard. The electrical work still needs to be completed (I am waiting on a 500 amp relay and a 400 amp fuse block) to finalize it.

Overall, it was fairly painless aside from having to buy longer screws for the lower winch mounts (factory was too short) and for the fairlead. Lots of "mini" ratcheting happening to tighten the bumper to the frame, but that is now done. Lights to be installed on the winch guard in the coming weeks.

HYeRYx.jpg

HYeA2j.jpg

HYe5kQ.jpg
That’s a sweet setup!

BTW, Warn has been supplying fairlead bolts that are too short for several years now.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
no problem...... there’s one more feature that I was pleasantly surprised with when I received them, is you don’t have to mess with the main body bolts, the ones that some guys are snapping off. It uses the two bolts on either side of it.....:)
AE077D08-2B00-47FA-B3AA-21E5FD4CB926.jpeg
Im guessing the Rubi rock rails won’t fit with them on. Trying to find a set that go over the rocks rails. I don’t want to see any pinch seam at all... ugh

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Im guessing the Rubi rock rails won’t fit with them on. Trying to find a set that go over the rocks rails. I don’t want to see any pinch seam at all... ugh
these will not work with rock rails on, some guys are doing vinyl over the seam. It looks good.... it never bothered me enough to fool with it to be honest with ya....:)

Last edited:

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
these will not work with rock rails on, some guys are dong vinyl over the seam. It looks good.... it never bothered me enough to fool with it to be honest with ya....:)
Damnit! They looked like it would fit!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a sweet setup!

BTW, Warn has been supplying fairlead bolts that are too short for several years now.
Thanks! I looked at Warn Zeon 10S, but at nearly 4x the cost, I could not justify it and the Smittybilt was a BF special. Yeah, the bolts supplied by Warn for the fairlead were woefully short when you add the thickness of the fairlead cover, the bumper, and the winch plate itself. The OEM bolts were far too short on the lower mount too. I bought M10x35mm 12.9 and now they extend past the end of the OEM rivnuts (which also suck--I partially stripped one with the OEM bolts and that is how I found out they were too short). FCA saw fit to weld "real" nuts on the lower frame housing that I had to twist off as they were in the way, but they used cheesy rivnuts on the inside.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Bushwacker makes some plastic thingies that can go over the pinch seam and hide it, and they will fit under/behind most rock rails.

But I'm weird in that I think pinch seams == part of the Jeep look and don't mind them. Plus if you can see them you can see when they start to rust :movember:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Just found some lol

51E8E569-C518-4183-8C69-1972F732E11E.png
2C329B8A-0447-46DA-8B5E-97F6B137D093.jpeg
I had ACE and they do fit over the rubi rails, HOWEVER, they attach via the body bolts. I was one of the lucky ones with no busted bolts. I have since sold those and installed Roams for more splash protection.

edit: and yes, I removed the Rubi rails and sold them.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I had ACE and they do fit over the rubi rails, HOWEVER, they attach via the body bolts. I was one of the lucky ones with no busted bolts. I have since sold those and installed Roams for more splash protection.

edit: and yes, I removed the Rubi rails and sold them.
I’m going to try them out. I’ll just take it slow with the bolts if they lock up I’ll retry again and repeat until the locktight is worn out. It seems the folks breaking them are trying to break past the locktight which you should never try to do at least in my experience. I don’t like roam so that won’t happen.