What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
...changed the channel by turning the dial...then adjusting the antenna (wire hanger)
We lived the highfalutin life with our fancy shmancy tower antenna with an electric rotor for tuning. We got that when I was eight years old. I remained my dad's remote control however... Son, ABC. Son, NBC, Son, WGN. We never seemed to watch CBS though.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
What degree caster are you running? When I got my rcv one piece axle, I had a vib at 60 in 2 wd since the driveshaft spins all the time, albeit a slight one. I sold the one pc and bought the 2pc rcv. I didn’t want to sacrifice my sweet handling by backing off my 6.5 degrees I’m running.

I also figured it would be rare I would be going that fast in 4w. Your driveshaft may need to be balanced, I don’t know, but I’m just throwing this out there if your running 6 or more caster you may want to look into that first.

There’s another member here running the one piece, with 5. something caster and he doesn’t have the vibration.

Oh ... I’m also running an Adams 1310 driveshaft on mine...... anyway..... just another.02..... :).
No idea on caster. Yeah I thought about the one peice rcv vs the two and went with the two since the difference in strength is small and the bennys are pretty good. It would be rare for me to go that fast since I'm in AZ but it does happen and I plan to travel so I need a solution. 60 in snow is the speed I tend to be at when traveling.

I saw a vid on youtube with a guy using the same driveshaft and had the driveshaft rebalanced and it was night and day. My take is or might be that adams sells these things like a factory and they get em close most times but not always. I'm getting a rear one this week, hope it's better then what the front APPEARS to be. I have to wonder why adams is so popular. Any local shop should work pretty well.

Interesting that you had the same issue. My Jeeps going in the shop for a bunch of upgrades, I will have them look into it.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No idea on caster. Yeah I thought about the one peice rcv vs the two and went with the two since the difference in strength is small and the bennys are pretty good. It would be rare for me to go that fast since I'm in AZ but it does happen and I plan to travel so I need a solution. 60 in snow is the speed I tend to be at when traveling.

I saw a vid on youtube with a guy using the same driveshaft and had the driveshaft rebalanced and it was night and day. My take is or might be that adams sells these things like a factory and they get em close most times but not always. I'm getting a rear one this week, hope it's better then what the front APPEARS to be. I have to wonder why adams is so popular. Any local shop should work pretty well.

Interesting that you had the same issue. My Jeeps going in the shop for a bunch of upgrades, I will have them look into it.
Is your driveshaft Adams? I guess I assumed it was mc? My vibration was really slight, couldn’t really feel it so much as I could see it in the mirrors. But my ocd knew it was there and there’s no settling when it gets involved.....:facepalm:

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Mounted my high/lo jack on the roof rack... haven't gone for a ride yet ... we will see if it rattles...(can't stand stuff that rattles!!!:angry:)

20191201_122811.jpg

20191201_122820.jpg

20191201_122828.jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Mounted my high/lo jack on the roof rack... haven't gone for a ride yet ... we will see if it rattles...(can't stand stuff that rattles!!!:angry:)

20191201_122820.jpg
I noticed your spare is a different wheel & tire. Do you include your spare in the rotation (as most do)?
I swear I ain't that guy...well, maybe. But it would annoy the eff outta me if I didn't have a matching spare.