What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I installed Metalcloak skids, front drive shaft and overland rockslides/ step today. Now 3.5” game changer to go during Christmas vacation.

392AE2F3-F8E2-4614-B4E3-61A6A43ED347.jpeg

9C8000CA-25DB-43B4-8A5F-697FD8EFE376.jpeg

EA6BE67E-0D43-4A6B-924C-15F971ECB2C2.jpeg
Nice! I have the MC gamechanger w the front drive shaft. I will be interested in you feedback with the drive shaft vibs. Used 4w high for the first time in snow last week and vibs are very noticeable at 60 mph. I think it needs a balancing which sucks given it is supposed to be done from them.

rdrjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport-S
Life lesson. if you’re going to wheel your Jeep, put skid plates on before, not after. Just spent an hour removing the mangled factory skids. Cross members squashed, bolt heads smooshed. Nasty business.
What skid plates did you install?

rdrjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
new skids.jpg
Life lesson. if you’re going to wheel your Jeep, put skid plates on before, not after. Just spent an hour removing the mangled factory skids. Cross members squashed, bolt heads smooshed. Nasty business.
I just install the RC skid plates

rdrjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For less than $12 for the whole vehicle, there's not much to lose. Install took 8-10 minutes and only tool needed is a knife or scissors to cut it. Hella easy!

I thought the other stuff everyone has been using was great too, but after awhile it lost its effectiveness. Good luck!
Hella easy!

Dirt Tiger

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU rubicon
Nice! I have the MC gamechanger w the front drive shaft. I will be interested in you feedback with the drive shaft vibs. Used 4w high for the first time in snow last week and vibs are very noticeable at 60 mph. I think it needs a balancing which sucks given it is supposed to be done from them.
I haven’t had it above 25 in 4w all I have had it in is 4wl so far. Haven’t noticed any vibrations. I don’t know if and when I would be running 60mph in 4wh in nc. I will keep it in mind and give you feedback if I do.

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Installed my Yeti 1 gallon jug. I am probably going to fabricate some brackets when I have more time but it's in there pretty good. Doesn't move or rattle. Now I don't have to worry about running out of iced tea during those long drives.:beer:

IMG_0438.jpeg

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase