What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Thanks for the post. The other stuff that appeared on ponytail’s YouTube was completely worthless. I’ll give this a try.
For less than $12 for the whole vehicle, there's not much to lose. Install took 8-10 minutes and only tool needed is a knife or scissors to cut it. Hella easy!

I thought the other stuff everyone has been using was great too, but after awhile it lost its effectiveness. Good luck!

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I replaced the fender gap rubber tubing that everyone uses to keep debris out of the crevice with some thicker solid core stuff. After about a year on the Jeep, the other popular option people are using had worked its way down in fender gaps, especially in the rear, such that it had become ineffective. I found a cheaper version of the same high quality material that will better maintain its shape and should improve upon it's intended purpose, which is to keep debris rocks, pebbles, and other debris out. I detailed the process here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/927717/

Here is also some end result pics. I actually prefer this look over stock. Looks kinda badass to me and compliments the red/black duo I got going on.

Welt 5.jpg

Welt 6.jpg

Welt 7.jpg

Welt 8.jpg
Looks alot better. Think I’ll replace mine to, great job! Thanks for the update

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Daystar Comfort Ride 3/4-inch spacer lift added. It is a very subtle visual difference, but you definitely notice it standing next to the Jeep and getting in. The Jeep shows less of a forward rake.

The ride does feel more isolated, especially going over road imperfections.

Before
cat=110&_nc_ohc=dNjJTD-tFHIAQnLexmDSESJsYlQNs7TfKzkqKi7BmE8YkjvbTbfdXRLiQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

After
cat=107&_nc_ohc=sLgiuqZpH5EAQmLZpJPYN4y6MTxXU0ZswMZLuJioZGnlUE6Y420bsDgjg&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Last edited:

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Installed some thin plastic panel covers on my dash. Held on with 3m adhesive, they do a pretty solid job.
The rust colored dash always annoyed me and the time and process to remove the panels and paint them always put the task at the end of my to do list.

89FFF921-FD84-4B77-BD76-09A58D0ECF75.jpeg

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Installed some thin plastic panel covers on my dash. Held on with 3m adhesive, they do a pretty solid job.
The rust colored dash always annoyed me and the time and process to remove the panels and paint them always put the task at the end of my to do list.

I like the dash. IMO the dashes should come painted to match or we should at least have the option to choose or upgrade.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Daystar Comfort Ride 3/4-inch spacer lift added. It is a very subtle visual difference, but you definitely notice it standing next to the Jeep and getting in. The Jeep shows less of a forward rake.

The ride does feel more isolated, especially going over road imperfections.

Before
cat=110&_nc_ohc=dNjJTD-tFHIAQnLexmDSESJsYlQNs7TfKzkqKi7BmE8YkjvbTbfdXRLiQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

After
cat=107&_nc_ohc=sLgiuqZpH5EAQmLZpJPYN4y6MTxXU0ZswMZLuJioZGnlUE6Y420bsDgjg&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
I saw you posted on another thread about the Daystar prior to installation that it was only going to give you a .5” lift in the rear, is that still the case after the install?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I saw you posted on another thread about the Daystar prior to installation that it was only going to give you a .5” lift in the rear, is that still the case after the install?
Yes. It lifted the front 3/4-inch and the rear 1/2-inch.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. It lifted the front 3/4-inch and the rear 1/2-inch.
Thanks I’ve got that lift sitting in my garage waiting to be installed with some lower number Moab takeoffs and I hope it doesn’t come out too level. I like a little rake because I don’t want to go East LA reverse rake when loaded with people, gear, or towing.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks I’ve got that lift sitting in my garage waiting to be installed with some lower number Moab takeoffs and I hope it doesn’t come out too level. I like a little rake because I don’t want to go East LA reverse rake when loaded with people, gear, or towing.
Actually, I was hoping it would lift the front more than it did.

My Jeep retains a little bit of rake, albeit less than stock.

KinderMojo

First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sport S. GMC Sierra, Mercedes G63
Occupation
Engineer
These 1 1/8 plugs fill the backup sensor holes rather nicely in the smittybilt bumber. https://amzn.to/2KVg84g

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 10.12.11 AM.png
Thanks bud, appreciate it..

i actually have the sensors, but had to order the brackets since the old brackets are molded into the plastic bumper..

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

The airbag will turn that thing into an instrument of death.