What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Saphira2019JL

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
Rock Krawler 2.5 Adventure Series 3 lift kit, Rock Krawler 2.25 RRD 2.5 Front/Rear shocks, Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders, 17” Dirty Life DT-1 wheels, 37” Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires, Rusty‘s Tire Carrier, Smittybilt Gen2 X20 Synthetic winch, Factor 55 Flatlink E Shackle Mount, Maximus3 winch mount, Maximus3 JL Stinger Bar.

Now, officially broke for the next decade!

615B8AFB-3D30-47E1-8C41-D1D6AEC904EE.jpeg

D4EA4031-F2C7-4B60-82AB-09A5C9ABF21D.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Rock Krawler 2.5 Adventure Series 3 lift kit, Rock Krawler 2.25 RRD 2.5 Front/Rear shocks, Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders, 17” Dirty Life DT-1 wheels, 37” Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires, Rusty‘s Tire Carrier, Smittybilt Gen2 X20 Synthetic winch, Factor 55 Flatlink E Shackle Mount, Maximus3 winch mount, Maximus3 JL Stinger Bar.

Now, officially broke for the next decade!

615B8AFB-3D30-47E1-8C41-D1D6AEC904EE.jpeg

D4EA4031-F2C7-4B60-82AB-09A5C9ABF21D.jpeg
Awesome!...,, looks great.... great choice on rk lift.......:like:

Hardybreed

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know if we can answer any questions for you. You can see some driving footage here that shows the sharp cutoff and great spread.
Why is there a Z Z pattern at the top of the cut off?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Why is there a Z Z pattern at the top of the cut off?
Great question! We actually just answered the same for another member:

Hi all, we just joined as a forum sponsor so excited to see this discussion going...always appreciate an opportunity to provide more info!

You are all correct about the step line! Light focus is very important for not only driver safety but others on the road who can potentially have their vision obstructed by glare. The step line for left-hand driving countries is lower on the left, higher on the right so your lights don't blind oncoming traffic. The Oculus headlights have a very sharp cut-off line and focus light with precision specifically to avoid such issues (and this sharp cutoff makes the step more obvious on a wall test!) You should adjust them slightly so there is that step; you can see what I mean in the photo below. Feel free to give our support staff a call if you have more questions or want a technician's assistance with aim!

wall_test_2_1024x1024.jpg

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Added black heat shrink tubing to OEM antenna on lifted Jeep to avoid the slapping against windshield and still lets me know overhead clearance.
Still love my 13" AntenaX but reception is reduced.

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed LOD's shorty rear bumper and tire carrier. Still not finished yet, need to do the 3rd brake light extended wiring, as well as rear camera kit wiring. So now driving without backup camera for now. Sensors don't work, but kind of knew that going in. Still haven't bought my rear light for the bumper yet, so big gaping hole there. Otherwise, looks awesome!!! Still have the roto pax mounts that I haven't put in yet, as well as the hi lift mount. But good thing is spare is finally back on.

Some quick pictures.

n8obTHK.jpg

t49a4Ar.jpg

P5YdUWt.jpg

Jso63S2.jpg

Also installed the Factor 55 ultrahook

bfzedvN.jpg
I want to do the exact same front bumper, how do you like it?? How was the install? I also plan on doing that rear with the mid width, but really do not want to lose my backup sensors, did you get the sensor kit?

AW1985

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Added rubber tubing to prepare for winter and the insane amount of salt that’s coming our way.

C54C91F1-58A6-4B47-B1D9-626666D8B18C.jpeg

6AAA6FD5-01F5-4956-B7AE-82B46DAE197C.jpeg

6FCD2F4B-9DC4-4E52-A035-08367EDCA417.png
XLMOJITO,
Where did you source the tubing and what size? I had it in my amazon cart awhile back and the wife deleted it ‍♂. I’d appreciate the info!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I've found this size to work great on the front fenders, but on the rears they eventually worked themselves so deep in the crevasse that they stopped doing their job. Indeed, a couple days ago I ordered one size up from that (.38 in) and in a solid, rather than hollow tube form. I just wish they had it in that larger size, but hollow so it may be too large to work. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I can confirm that the .276 tubing is great, but expect about a one year's worth of service before it deteriorates and needs to be re-done. That's not to bad considering it costs less than $17 for the whole vehicle.

Anyway, I'll be sure to report back my findings on the larger solid core stuff...

Last edited:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yes I’ve been very careful and particulate with my research and upgrading process. The advantage of replacing one component at a time instead of all at one go (in case you didn’t like the result) is that you can fine tune everything at every step so you are in full control of the outcome.

The soft synergy springs compliment the Falcon shocks very well knowing the Falcons are known to be stiff on road — being digressive valved, and actually put their damping effects to their full potentials.

Thought process - softer springs provide better traction by absorbing more energy and giving more travel on bumps, that travel is further dampened and energy passed on and absorbed by stiffer shocks and reduce vibrations even more.
You want to run the softest spring rates possible to not bottom out on the majority of the big hits you take. Bottoming on the top couple % is ideal as it means not overly stiff. Stiffer then this and you are wasting suspension travel. It sounds like you’ve gone in this direction with the soft Synergy’s.

Now, you want shocks that dampen enough to not have any oscillation with the springs you choose on rebound but also not over firm or you are again not using your travel to the fullest. You want those shocks to soak up the bumps. Your falcons might be overly firm.

This is why buying tuned packages takes some of the guesswork, testing, mystery out of the process.

I’m looking at your same springs and pairing with Fox’s.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
You want to run the softest spring rates possible to not bottom out on the majority of the big hits you take. Bottoming on the top couple % is ideal as it means not overly stiff. Stiffer then this and you are wasting suspension travel. It sounds like you’ve gone in this direction with the soft Synergy’s.

Now, you want shocks that dampen enough to not have any oscillation with the springs you choose on rebound but also not over firm or you are again not using your travel to the fullest. You want those shocks to soak up the bumps. Your falcons might be overly firm.

This is why buying tuned packages takes some of the guesswork, testing, mystery out of the process.

I’m looking at your same springs and pairing with Fox’s.
Yes you are on the same thought process as me.

These soft springs really compliment the falcons better than stock or slew of other stiff springs out there though.

Gone are the reverberations passed into the frame. While still keeping the controlled body roll and handling.
The improvement in ride quality is highly apparent!

I don’t mind tinkering myself, that’s why I’m changing out one component at a time, then test and collect data and repeat to fine tune everything.