Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I have a red sahara coming too, and was thinking about doing that, but the gray inserts on the front grille/headlights won't match anything :( hmmm, pondering....

What method did you use to plastidip in the small spaces between letters/inside letters? Just spray the whole thing and try to peel off with a cotton swab or toothpick?
We just taped a square around the Jeep logo, and sprayed the whole area with several coats. 30 minutes after the final coat we peeled the coating off around the log(Very easy.) Getting between the E's, and the P was more difficult but really not that bad with a toothpick.

There was another thread where a forum member disassembled his grill and painted the inserts.... Don't ask me where it was, I just noticed it while browsing. My wife has a Sport, and the ONLY silver accents were the logos, antenna, and lug nuts. We thought about doing the same to the trail rated badge, but I may just order a replacement for that one as I like the contrasting colors.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
You can pop out the inserts to paint them if you want to black those out too. They just clip on the back of the grille.
Ah! Good to know... yeah I'd plastidip them all black/same color. I also know there's a border trim piece on the front bumper too that is gray/same color. Do you know if those pop out too? Or do I need to mask and tape?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Since I don't have my JL/Jeep yet, does this count?

My order went into D1 status yesterday! Woohooo.... (sad part - the first order I did, which I cancelled, went into KZ status and is expected to arrive this week. Ugh....)

D1 status A.jpg
D1 status B.jpg

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Bad news: Paid approximately $910 for registration
Good news: Saved $110 for transferring a license plate

BGJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2020 JLUR
You can pop out the inserts to paint them if you want to black those out too. They just clip on the back of the grille.
I am also looking to change the silver grille and bumper accents to black. Is PlastiDip the preferred product in terms of durability and aesthetics vs say, spray paint or something else?

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I am also looking to change the silver grille and bumper accents to black. Is PlastiDip the preferred product in terms of durability and aesthetics vs say, spray paint or something else?
I’m gonna try plastidip; the advantage is if you don’t like it, you can peel it off and it won’t even show that anything has happened

BGJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2020 JLUR
I’m gonna try plastidip; the advantage is if you don’t like it, you can peel it off and it won’t even show that anything has happened
Does anyone know the Mopar part number(s) for the dark Rubi inserts? If available and at a reasonable cost, I might end up going with those.

Edit: Finally found it. Had to search for grille accents, not inserts. As expected, pretty pricey. Will pursue painting...

https://www.justforjeeps.com/6cg99t...MIhbnz5NHL2gIVCrXACh1T7w1jEAYYASABEgKhTvD_BwE

Last edited:

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
4 of my Wifes 35" Tires showed up today.... Not exactly sure what happened to the 5th(Some sort of UPS Delay on one tire.)
Also spent a while figuring out why my wifes wheels that I ordered from 4WD Friday haven't shipped yet. They showed to be in stock at a TX warehouse, so I should have had them the next business day. :headbang:
Vrae Tires.jpg

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
D6F7E2D9-182B-4787-971F-47E3D9D4B9A5.jpeg
5378B3C1-5E59-4673-8AD3-03D61CCFAEF4.jpeg
Thanks to the other forum members for the link to this brake light. Love it.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
4 of my Wifes 35" Tires showed up today.... Not exactly sure what happened to the 5th(Some sort of UPS Delay on one tire.)
Also spent a while figuring out why my wifes wheels that I ordered from 4WD Friday haven't shipped yet. They showed to be in stock at a TX warehouse, so I should have had them the next business day. :headbang:
Vrae Tires.jpg
No STT Pro's? :)

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
No STT Pro's? :)
LoL. No not for her.
I actually wanted C-Rated KO2's(315/70r17) but they seem to be on some sort of a backorder and she wasn't willing to wait. These are D Rated and from the reviews seem to be quiet with softer sidewalls which should be good for her and the kids.:like:
Pushing on the sidewalls they do in fact feel much softer than the E-Rated Cooper's which would barely budge when pushing on them.