What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Heck I dropped about $1000 on a winch and related parts that I hope I never use. I have a number of fire extinguishers that go without being used until they expire, then replace. The Element ones never expire, not telling anyone what to do but $80 in the grand scheme of things isn't all that serious.
Exactly. If you have to use your fire extinguisher on your Jeep, you have more than $80 to worry about.

germasian715

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 4xe
Not much but I put my Quadratec cargo mat in and put my 15" stubby antenna on tonight. I am waiting on the hardware I was shorted from Rough Country so I can install my Nerf Slider bars. Also I think I might be a bad Jeep owner, I can't stand a dirty Jeep :CWL:

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

IMG_1795.JPG

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Heck I dropped about $1000 on a winch and related parts that I hope I never use. I have a number of fire extinguishers that go without being used until they expire, then replace. The Element ones never expire, not telling anyone what to do but $80 in the grand scheme of things isn't all that serious.
Also, they'd pay more than $80 for an extinguisher that doesn't leave residue that causes corrosion and harm. The Element leaves no damaging residue of any kind. It just snuffs out the fire. That's why it is popular with antique car collectors. It also weighs a fraction of a traditional extuinguisher and is much smaller, which gives more options for mounting, especially when mounting within easy reach. I see all these extinguishers mounted on the rear roll bar. Getting to it can cause the loss of precious time. The element can mbe mounted right in front of your seat.

But, a cheap traditional extinguisher is better than none at all, for sure. Right now, I have a cheapo in my recovery bag until I can spare the 80 bucks. It won't be long, though.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I tried for several hours to get my passenger RH skid on. Finally gave up and didn’t make it to the drivers side one. I’m waiting for cooler weather to try again.

Scott
I know a guy that would be more than happy to help. I heard he even has a couple lifts that could get the Jeep off the ground!

Seriously, bring it out if you want a hand

Brett

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Also, they'd pay more than $80 for an extinguisher that doesn't leave residue that causes corrosion and harm. The Element leaves no damaging residue of any kind. It just snuffs out the fire. That's why it is popular with antique car collectors. It also weighs a fraction of a traditional extuinguisher and is much smaller, which gives more options for mounting, especially when mounting within easy reach. I see all these extinguishers mounted on the rear roll bar. Getting to it can cause the loss of precious time. The element can mbe mounted right in front of your seat.

But, a cheap traditional extinguisher is better than none at all, for sure. Right now, I have a cheapo in my recovery bag until I can spare the 80 bucks. It won't be long, though.
I’ve gone the overkill route. I have an Element stashed in the mesh on the back of my passenger seat (I can reach it from my drivers seat without getting out) and another regular extinguisher on the rollbar in the back. If it’s really an emergency, I have the Element. If it’s, say, a small brush fire, I have the refillable extinguisher available. If shit has really hit the fan, I have both.

Grumpy 1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler JL
This is a fun thread I’ve seen on a few other forums. Can be anything from mods to drives, to washes, etc. pictures are always a plus!

So what did you do to your Jeep today?
Added usb fast charging ports to the back of the center console
FCD2A491-9538-4D76-A598-477B6E2103E1.jpeg

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon

That is good to know. Now I have an idea for my brother's car and truck for Christmas. :like:

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve gone the overkill route. I have an Element stashed in the mesh on the back of my passenger seat (I can reach it from my drivers seat without getting out) and another regular extinguisher on the rollbar in the back. If it’s really an emergency, I have the Element. If it’s, say, a small brush fire, I have the refillable extinguisher available. If shit has really hit the fan, I have both.
That's actually a really great idea. I'm on-board with that. I think I'll go that route too

I was just thinking someone needed to make a video of two fires and put them out side-by-side with each. I'm guessing they'll both do the trick but the Element will just keep on blasting away long after the fire is out

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Pixie hood decal installed. Next plasti dip the EZ Pass.

d2.jpg
d1.jpg

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I know a guy that would be more than happy to help. I heard he even has a couple lifts that could get the Jeep off the ground!

Brett
Thanks, that was actually my plan, just have to schedule it. I also need you to help with modifying my stinger supports. When I see some free time I’ll give you a yell to coordinate it.

Scott

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Brett

alright.gif

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I did get the Rugged Ridge tail light guards. I figure since the tail lights with the blind spot sensors are so expensive I should do what ever I can to protect them. And then had to get the matching headlight guards as they go with my cowl lights. This “What did you do to your JL” thread has cost me quite a bit of money.

Scott

4D79426B-70F1-4864-92F4-A6EB33EDC8BE.jpeg

AF1A5933-911B-4675-BDDD-AAED41DE9697.jpeg

7680320D-3D16-49D3-BFE4-AAE7ABD354D5.jpeg