What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
Sorry to get off topic here, but that is a great lookin Jeep ! :like:
Thank you! She’ll be getting new shoes eventually, but I need to take it easy on the wallet so for now it’s inexpensive cosmetic mods only. :LOL: I ordered the stubby antenna, clear side markers, radio screen protector and a few other small things about two weeks before the Jeep arrived. I am over the moon in love with the color so I’m going to protect it as much as I can. It’s getting paint protection film on the grill, hood and windshield frame next week then I’ll probably DIY a high quality ceramic coating over the entire thing. I don’t love washing vehicles (it’s why my last Jeep and car were silver....that color hides grime like no other :giggle:) so I’m down for anything that will save me time and trouble when I have to. The big stuff will have to wait a bit.

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
Sucks weird bc mine came with the extra rivet and I never used them thankfully , what made a difference for me after a big learning curve on the first side was the plastic trim tool set I bought and not removing the entire light housing like it says , I was able to rig up an extension tool to undo that one bolt in the corner which made a huge difference and saved me an hour on the other side but was a huge PITA install that’s for sure and I also didn’t take off the entire inside plastic trim only about half of it ...

Oh yea and did some installs today too ... 1941 side step protectors interior , got a free set of carbon fiber mirror covers (on the fence about them) and rigged up my homemade hardtop hoist!! ...

22E9B941-CF6C-422A-9AC9-7C0537BC1CD5.jpeg

EB3A6D0A-8F39-4A8B-9695-B4BFFC39CFDF.jpeg

E11B48AC-14CD-4318-B04B-B10E81C3B407.jpeg
Yep, I’m headed out shortly to do the drivers side, and the extension piece will be key. I do have the trim tool set already. It made popping the plastic fasteners out a breeze! I definitely won’t be unscrewing the whole light housing. No idea why they tell you to do that. I also have small hands so I only removed a small portion of the fender liner on the passenger side. No need to undo the entire thing.

I like your door sill guards and I think the mirror covers work with that color. A little flashy but not too over the top. I may get some eventually, but I’m thinking of doing white as my main accent color. Who makes yours?

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Today I assembled and fitted the SpringTail folding tray and Mollle bags.

Assembly itself took about 15 minutes and another 15 to drill the holes and mount the tray on the tailgate.

It was a breeze to assemble and fit, and at the project I can confirm that I still have 10 fingers, and no blood was spilt.

I'm very happy with my new shelf, and look forward to using it in anger very soon.

IMG_1851.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1860.JPG

At the same time I installed the Brawlee tailgate light

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

But I'm still undecided how I am going to connect the power, as I would prefer not to connect into the dome light.

In the end I might connect it into one of the aux switches up front.

I also hung my new Bartact grab handle bag.

IMG_1863.JPG

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
You got to let me know how you like the ride on that lift... I've been eyeing the endurosport since it came out!
Spent a few days with the lift and stock Rubi tires and wheels with tire pressure around 32psi, it rides just a tad softer than stock, potholes, bumps are more sedated.

I had method mr701 and nitto ridge grapplers 35/12.5/17 installed yesterday and I'm still dialing it in in regards to tire pressure.

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Yep, I’m headed out shortly to do the drivers side, and the extension piece will be key. I do have the trim tool set already. It made popping the plastic fasteners out a breeze! I definitely won’t be unscrewing the whole light housing. No idea why they tell you to do that. I also have small hands so I only removed a small portion of the fender liner on the passenger side. No need to undo the entire thing.

I like your door sill guards and I think the mirror covers work with that color. A little flashy but not too over the top. I may get some eventually, but I’m thinking of doing white as my main accent color. Who makes yours?
Ebay special I believe on the mirrors, yea im not sure if it works yet since everthing black is matte black and these are shiny carbon fiber but again im learning to love it, as I have the rear taillight side plastic covers coming as well in carbon fiber to match - I just need some 35s now and a small lift and ill be good to go -

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Installed new rear DV8 RBJL-01 bumper and added gray GearAmerica mega duty d-rings, relocated license plate and added LED license plate light.

Wasn't really planning on going with DV8 for the rear bumper, but the price i got it at was too good to pass up. Regardless, i think it came out really nice amd looks good.

20190901_171106.jpg

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
Spent hours trying to figure out where a clang was coming from when going over bumps.
The tips of my Magnaflow axle back muffler contact the underside of my 2019 Rubicon steel bumpers. The OEM rubber hangers are simply 1/4" too short. If I squeeze the hangers by hand, the tips sit perfectly 1/4" below the bumper...
No amount if wiggling or repositioning the pipe/clamp fixes it. I just emailed Magnaflow for their thoughts …..

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Today I assembled and fitted the SpringTail folding tray and Mollle bags.

Assembly itself took about 15 minutes and another 15 to drill the holes and mount the tray on the tailgate.

It was a breeze to assemble and fit, and at the project I can confirm that I still have 10 fingers, and no blood was spilt.

I'm very happy with my new shelf, and look forward to using it in anger very soon.

IMG_1851.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1860.JPG

At the same time I installed the Brawlee tailgate light

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

But I'm still undecided how I am going to connect the power, as I would prefer not to connect into the dome light.

In the end I might connect it into one of the aux switches up front.

I also hung my new Bartact grab handle bag.

IMG_1863.JPG
That last picture is backwards, we should she your steering wheel on the left not the door.

JeffK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram 2500 5.9 2019 JLU Rubicon
Finally mounted the Rigid Ignite backup kit, and short antenna from Amazon. Did the Pixeldecals fender vent, & Sting-Gray decals a month ago. Just didn't post.

thumbnail_IMG_0856.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0857.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0861.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0858.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0859.jpg