What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had similar difficulty with one of the stabilizer bolts and the rear shock bolts. Some pounding on a breaker bar with a mallet finally got 'em loose.

I have a set of these skids coming, so I guess I'll have to drink milk & eat some Wheaties. Yay.
The impact gun made loosening the rears easy. There were no clearance issues in using the gun on those big bolts. But getting the leverage to turn the torque wrench while laying under it was a pain in the ass. I bet if I had even had it up on ramps, it would have been much easier.

That said, I’m quite happy with the end product. It’ll be worth your strict Wheaties diet.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
The impact gun made loosening the rears easy. There were no clearance issues in using the gun on those big bolts. But getting the leverage to turn the torque wrench while laying under it was a pain in the ass. I bet if I had even had it up on ramps, it would have been much easier.

That said, I’m quite happy with the end product. It’ll be worth your strict Wheaties diet.
I'm gonna get 'er up on jack stands... Hopefully the gun will help & I'll have enough leverage & room to bang away with the mini-Mjolnir.

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
Is that J-10? I would buy that over the Gladiator in a heartbeat. Too bad FCA didn’t stick with this retro look for the new Gladiator.

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
Installed my Redline Tuning hood struts today.
Pretty simple job that would have been done in 1/2 the time if I had not been taking photos of the process.

To begin with, the product is quality. The packaging is excellent and the full color instructions could not be any more detailed.
I was impressed right away.
All that is needed is a 1/4" drive ratchet, a short extension, and a 10mm socket.

The lower brackets are side specific and well marked. They went on first.

Next, the upper brackets go on. Follow the directions to the letter and they install perfectly.
Take note that the weatherstrip is in the way. I used a pair of needle nose pliers and gently removed the first plastic insert.
Install the upper bracket per the instructions and then pop the weatherstrip insert back into its hole.
The instructions tell you that you can trim the weatherstrip back, but I chose to leave it as stock.

Finally, the struts are installed with the gas cylinder facing up.
Gently rock the attachment point onto the ball stud (do not force it), and it pops right on.

Done!
I can recommend this product.

IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7892.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

IMG_7894.jpg

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg

IMG_7899.jpg

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Day 36

My build is essentially complete but I got bored and my mind never stops......

I love my Brawlee tailgate dome light, but the options for wiring it up were not perfect for me. You could either wire it to the dome light circuit or keep it plugged in to cigarette lighter. The dome light circuit is perfect for loading stuff in the back when you only plan to be back there for a minute. It comes on automatically and then it shuts off automatically. The cigarette lighter option is perfect for when you are working back there for extended periods and don't want light turning off on you but then you loose the auto on/off of the dome circuit. I've been needing the latter option lately.

I hardwired the light to the dome circuit but also put that in parellel with a switch. Need it for extended periods.... Press button otherwise it stays in auto. I used a male and female 5.5mm connector from Amazon to splice in the switch. Be careful where you put switch there is very little space on that trim panel that has any depth to it. Another added benefit of this is if you need some light and press button all the dome lights come on, not just the Brawlee light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072BXB2Y8

PHOTO_20190603_181507.jpg

PHOTO_20190603_181807.jpg

PHOTO_20190603_184852.jpg
Is there a DIY write up for installing the switch?

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Can you tell us how you did this. FANTASTIC idea
Replaced the plastic stopper with a round piece of aluminum. Reinstalled rubber washer on new aluminum stopper. Drill hole in center, 10mmstainless washer on outside, m10 x 1.0 nut on inside. Tighten and sealed inside with epoxy.

Screenshot_20190820-111212_Amazon Shopping.jpg

bloodwar

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU // 2018 JL 2Door

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

SilverBackJL

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Another pic of this thing with the new wheel/tire setup. Only issue I've noticed, other than a little worse mpg, is that my cruise control does NOT like these tires. I guess I need to find the trannys sweet spots all over again . I also am going to start posting more on my jeeps Instagram with my offroad adventures if anyone is interested. My IG is @silverbackjlu
Thank you all for the support. It feels good to be part of such a welcoming community of enthusiasts!

IMG_20190819_181011_721.jpg