What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JeffK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram 2500 5.9 2019 JLU Rubicon
Didn’t do anything today to my Jeep, but did make several calls for info on the Mopar lift and AEV lift. My dealer that I purchased my Jeep from (Reedman Toll) quoted me 14 hours of labor $1,700 :CWL::CWL: plus alignment cost, and cost to recal the speedometer. I would also have to buy it from them for it to be covered under warranty.. :facepalm::CWL: Talked to another dealer they actually suggested the AEV they have used both but they have had no problems with AEV compared to the Mopar lift. They also laughed when I told them about the 14 hours of labor. They told me 6 hours with alignment, and headlight realignment. Also called a few off-road shops that I googled

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the wife will cut me some slack tomorrow since it's my birthday:LOL: my LED tailights and mopar gas cover came today and I still have to do the front marker light on the passenger side.
So, to me, it sounds like your modding days have just begun.

Glass is half full from view point!

Been there (and still partially there (I’ve got a 3yr old/7yr old/10yr old/14yr old)) with the screaming kids and the pissed off wife lol

Hang in there it gets better... I think... LOL

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get these? Link please!

I hate the amber look..

These would look GREAT on my GCM subdued/blackout theme!

I will be awaiting your timely response.

4D18BD8D-B762-4F25-A6E4-3566BDF4302F.gif

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Where did you get these? Link please!

I hate the amber look..

These would look GREAT on my GCM subdued/blackout theme!

I will be awaiting your timely response.

4D18BD8D-B762-4F25-A6E4-3566BDF4302F.gif
Spray tint for a $5 option.

574E9C50-5654-43BF-BCC3-1B929A58AD7D.jpeg

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Biggest pia ever. Idk if the sport is different but the screw is so far over you can barley get to it . I overlooked it the first try because in the video it looks like the next screw over. I had to buy new screwdriver with a longer neck. I broke the round clip the goes over the screw on the marker light bracket but it didn't effect anything. I also had a extra screw laying around from yesterday when I got pissed off and started unscrewing stuff around that area but I couldn't figure out where the hell it goes. Moral to the story when you got a screaming toddler and crying 1 month old that you can hear from the drive way and you tell wifey " I'll just be 10min” ur bound to rush and do something stupid. I guess my modding days are over .

IMG_20190724_155439.jpg
I did those a month ago the clear ones (if your referencing the side lenses).... the first side and with throwing the directions to the wind (horrible instructions and video made it look easy) took me 1.5hrs but I skipped over a lot of stuff and never had to take the LED housing out I somehow got a ratchet with extension into the corner and was able to take that one crazy screw out holding the lense in , once I figured that out and the fact that I didn’t have to take the entire under panel off , or even touch that one use rivet, the other side took me 20 minutes , I did order the amazon plastic trim tools which helped a lot too, but the wife let me hear it for days , I also said 30 mins tops be right back as I went into the garage lol...

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I did those a month ago the clear ones (if your referencing the side lenses).... the first side and with throwing the directions to the wind (horrible instructions and video made it look easy) took me 1.5hrs but I skipped over a lot of stuff and never had to take the LED housing out I somehow got a ratchet with extension into the corner and was able to take that one crazy screw out holding the lense in , once I figured that out and the fact that I didn’t have to take the entire under panel off , or even touch that one use rivet, the other side took me 20 minutes , I did order the amazon plastic trim tools which helped a lot too, but the wife let me hear it for days , I also said 30 mins tops be right back as I went into the garage lol...
Dude that's freakin hilarious.. I'm glad I'm not the only one:LOL:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Installed the Steersmarts tie rod, drag link, and trackbar. While I had the Jeep in pieces, I added quarter-inch spring spacers to eliminate some of the rake I acquired after adding a winch a while back. And through this entire project, getting one of the bumpstops out so I could pull the spring ended up being the biggest pain in the ass and the most difficult part of the entire project because the tiny nut underneath was rusted and my sockets kept slipping off the damn thing. Removing the tie rod? Easy. Popping out the trackbar? No problem. Pickle-forking the holy hell out of the draglink from the pitman arm? Simple. Removing a nut from the bumpstop? God damn nightmare.

However, it all ended up working out nicely and the Jeep drives great. I was hoping I could get away with not having a steering stabilizer, but even after having everything aligned, torqued, greased, and installed perfectly, I was still getting some slight death wobble on the abysmal roads here. Slapping the stock one back on cleared that right up.

jupg1.jpg

jupg2.jpg

done.jpg

Last edited:

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Didn’t do anything today to my Jeep, but did make several calls for info on the Mopar lift and AEV lift. My dealer that I purchased my Jeep from (Reedman Toll) quoted me 14 hours of labor $1,700 :CWL::CWL: plus alignment cost, and cost to recal the speedometer. I would also have to buy it from them for it to be covered under warranty.. :facepalm::CWL: Talked to another dealer they actually suggested the AEV they have used both but they have had no problems with AEV compared to the Mopar lift. They also laughed when I told them about the 14 hours of labor. They told me 6 hours with alignment, and headlight realignment. Also called a few off-road shops that I googled
Yeah, Reedman Toll is crazy on their labor. They gave me an insane price on a JK lift a few years ago. Mind if I ask you who recommended the AEV Lift to you and quoted 6 hours. I’m leaning towards the AEV spring lift and if there’s a local place that is familiar with it then it’s worth checking out. Last time I just installed it myself, but my lower back is suggesting I get quotes for installation this time.
Thanks