What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
Quick question. So, you cut the inner fender liners up until the outer part that shows on the outside of the fender? Or is it 2 separate pieces?

I ask because I think the fenders look too flimsy chopped fully & the outer portion of the underside of the fenders gives it a more complete look.

This is what I intend on doing when I get my Quake LED slim light kit in, but may want to add the Motobilt inner fenders to it while maintaining the outer portion of the inner fender:

A098CFB2-0EBC-44B2-974B-ACB65820784A.png

F36A7689-6FF8-4560-B035-6C63851CF7CC.png
Quick question. So, you cut the inner fender liners up until the outer part that shows on the outside of the fender? Or is it 2 separate pieces?

I ask because I think the fenders look too flimsy chopped fully & the outer portion of the underside of the fenders gives it a more complete look.

This is what I intend on doing when I get my Quake LED slim light kit in, but may want to add the Motobilt inner fenders to it while maintaining the outer portion of the inner fender:

A098CFB2-0EBC-44B2-974B-ACB65820784A.png

F36A7689-6FF8-4560-B035-6C63851CF7CC.png
I removed the plastic inner fenders completely, it's held in place by a couple bolts and clips. The artec inner fenders are two pieces each side. Seems pretty solid, I think the motobilt one is similar. They could have had better instructions, but it wasn't too bad in the end. Now I know how to install nutserts.. after I broke one.

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I removed the plastic inner fenders completely, it's held in place by a couple bolts and clips. The artec inner fenders are two pieces each side. Seems pretty solid, I think the motobilt one is similar. They could have had better instructions, but it wasn't too bad in the end. Now I know how to install nutserts.. after I broke one.
The part I was referring to is circled in red. You donā€™t have to remove that piece to remove the rest of the inner fender, or did you trim it up to a certain point in the fender well?

I attached a pic of a different inner fender removal & circled the area where that trim piece is gone.

I ask because I wanted to do inner fenders & also maintain the fender flare plastic trim as well.

EA9E4D94-AFE5-4E57-A98E-518F82AB30CB.jpeg

CE1FCD45-93D4-49EF-BEA0-72B1F017E3E4.jpeg

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
The part I was referring to is circled in red. You donā€™t have to remove that piece to remove the rest of the inner fender, or did you trim it up to a certain point in the fender well?

I attached a pic of a different inner fender removal & circled the area where that trim piece is gone.

I ask because I wanted to do inner fenders & also maintain the fender flare plastic trim as well.

EA9E4D94-AFE5-4E57-A98E-518F82AB30CB.jpeg

CE1FCD45-93D4-49EF-BEA0-72B1F017E3E4.jpeg
Ah got you, no trimming. Had to pop off 3 clips circled in green. Popped them back in but looks like one fell off. If I did it over, I probably would have gone with motobilt since I have their tag location kit. I didn't go with motobilt because it involved nutserts.. well so did the artec.. motobilt stuff is packaged so well it's crazy. My artec fenders wasn't damaged at all, but it wasn't very well packed and plus I was missing all nuts so I had to go buy some during the install. I really like the dv8 version but that was like $100 more. I got the artec ones on amazon for $176. So far pretty happy with them, now I'm just deciding what color to paint them.

173BBB19-9803-4F76-9C35-15AB759F1AD8.jpeg

171F44A8-B62A-4810-A2D2-BB197CFB6D8C.jpeg

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ah got you, no trimming. Had to pop off 3 clips circled in green. Popped them back in but looks like one fell off. If I did it over, I probably would have gone with motobilt since I have their tag location kit. I didn't go with motobilt because it involved nutserts.. well so did the artec.. motobilt stuff is packaged so well it's crazy. My artec fenders wasn't damaged at all, but it wasn't very well packed and plus I was missing all nuts so I had to go buy some during the install. I really like the dv8 version but that was like $100 more. I got the artec ones on amazon for $176. So far pretty happy with them, now I'm just deciding what color to paint them.

173BBB19-9803-4F76-9C35-15AB759F1AD8.jpeg

171F44A8-B62A-4810-A2D2-BB197CFB6D8C.jpeg
Awesome! Yeah, I just put on Motobiltā€™s tag relocation kit with their front & rear bumpers as well. So, I figure I should stick with that them because 1) I hate labels/logos/etc. on my stuff & it seems everyone stamps them on their product nowadays 2) Their logos arenā€™t all that obnoxious on their products 3) Iā€™m anal about that stuff & donā€™t want 50 dif brands on it.

Honestly, most of the inner fender kits Iā€™ve seen look good. You canā€™t go wrong really, but Artec would be my first choice if I didnā€™t have Motobilt stuff already on my Jeep. I greatly appreciate your input though. Adds more parts that I need (well, want) to get now for my Jeep.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
You can put 37 inch tires on stock Rubi wheels? I thought 35 inch was the largest size that would fit...
According to BFGoodrich a 12.50" wide wheel should mount on a 8.5"-11" wheel. Most 35" and 37" tires are 12.50 wide. Talking with the dealer we decided to go stock wheels (7.5" wide) with spacers at least for the time being. They have done this many times before and have never had a problem. The spacers are 2". I've lowered the psi to 34 right now and still feel it could go lower. I don't want to get into the tpms yelling at me so I'm not sure how much lower I can go but I'll keep going down by 2 psi untill I hit the alarm. I have a tazer but haven't hooked it up yet. I'm not sure I want to put up with the hassel right now especially because it sounds like I'd need to put my doors back on. I asked the dealer about using a programmer for the tpms and tire height and they said they don't have a problem with it. The dealer is resetting the speedometer tomorrow morning so at least that part will be done.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Kitty says; "Did you torque that bolt to spec? :CWL:
Lol...she is quality control, lol, everything I do has to pass inspection....:)

Changed axle
21BC37D1-D6DA-4F97-B413-6935A84ABD59.jpeg

Put on bead locks
6685843E-E3E4-49E4-A492-947992188617.jpeg

Windshield banner
5DF2D471-2B45-4BEC-AC56-302E778CC218.jpeg

Making sure I locked the door
DD3BB092-8AD2-4C86-A273-60D81BA3EBFC.jpeg

.......:facepalm:

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
@Quadratec Really like these skids...has the driveshaft rubbing the skids in the post above been addressed?
I just cleaned the area around driveshaft grease fitting hole with alcohol and ran a few loops of electrical tape around it. Once a year I'll take tape off and use a conical nipple grease fitting to shoot grease into driveshaft. It's irritating that the fitting broke off, but that big a deal. I was at maximum articulation. You might see if the other brands of driveshaft have the fitting in the same place. My driveshaft is Dana Spicer. I like the Quadratec skid plates a lot.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
According to BFGoodrich a 12.50" wide wheel should mount on a 8.5"-11" wheel. Most 35" and 37" tires are 12.50 wide. Talking with the dealer we decided to go stock wheels (7.5" wide) with spacers at least for the time being. They have done this many times before and have never had a problem. The spacers are 2". I've lowered the psi to 34 right now and still feel it could go lower. I don't want to get into the tpms yelling at me so I'm not sure how much lower I can go but I'll keep going down by 2 psi untill I hit the alarm. I have a tazer but haven't hooked it up yet. I'm not sure I want to put up with the hassel right now especially because it sounds like I'd need to put my doors back on. I asked the dealer about using a programmer for the tpms and tire height and they said they don't have a problem with it. The dealer is resetting the speedometer tomorrow morning so at least that part will be done.
Have them adjust the tpms limits while they are doing the tire size. We do that for every Jeep we build. They have access to it.

Brett

2019jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Hi, hopefully it is not too late for the advice. I bought this chinese version on ebay and didnā€™t work at all. The smart lock system that suposedly memorize you original key didnā€™t work and once I installed it didnā€™t open, so I was stuck with the hood locked. I was able to pry a 90 degrees angled bar between the hood and the frame and move the lever and open it. It does not provide any security. I checked the design for JK from Bolt Company and they are different. I will return it for a refund. Donā€™t waste your time and money. The cost is 200 dlls.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, hopefully it is not too late for the advice. I bought this chinese version on ebay and didnā€™t work at all. The smart lock system that suposedly memorize you original key didnā€™t work and once I installed it didnā€™t open, so I was stuck with the hood locked. I was able to pry a 90 degrees angled bar between the hood and the frame and move the lever and open it. It does not provide any security. I checked the design for JK from Bolt Company and they are different. I will return it for a refund. Donā€™t waste your time and money. The cost is 200 dlls.
Yikes Iā€™m sorry to hear that man. Did you try contacting the seller? Mine came with generic instructions for the regular keyed model but I tested that my lock worked before assembly. I messaged the seller beforehand confirming fitment and took photos of everything just in case I would need to seek a refund from the seller/platform.

Edit.
Just noticed you said you bought off eBay. Iā€™ve seen it on Amazon and Ali for around $130. Iā€™d definitely message the seller and complain that they sent you a defective product. Good luck

BB83EC51-340C-4250-A5FA-C9C9E4214261.jpeg

A41FD5EC-209F-4221-99EB-4FC595CEBFCD.jpeg

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Have them adjust the tpms limits while they are doing the tire size. We do that for every Jeep we build. They have access to it.

Brett
They said they couldn't do that. I didn't ask if it was because they couldn't do it or if for liabilty they shouldn't. If my TAZER doesn't pan out I'll go the dealer route but more firmly. Thanks for the advice!

Medsker